Sponsored

Whipple car runs bad - tune issues

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
How do you like your new Whipple?
it rips... the 275's couldn't handle it so I just got some 305's NT05R drag radials. It sucks because it snowed so I won't be driving it anytime soon :(
Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
From my understanding most of the issues are for the phase 2 with the 72 lb injectors. Just an FYI for readers

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
it rips... the 275's couldn't handle it so I just got some 305's NT05R drag radials. It sucks because it snowed so I won't be driving it anytime soon :(
Did you do your install and what wheels did you use for the NT05R tires?

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
Did you do your install and what wheels did you use for the NT05R tires?
Had a friend who owns a shop install it for me. He cut me a good deal.

I put the tires on 6GR 350r replica wheels

19x10/11

This is the photo I took last night when I mounted them, ran out of daylight and it started snowing. Still need to clean it up and take better pics. You can hardly tell what they look like

2u61w7k.jpg

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Had a friend who owns a shop install it for me. He cut me a good deal.

I put the tires on 6GR 350r replica wheels

19x10/11

This is the photo I took last night when I mounted them, ran out of daylight and it started snowing. Still need to clean it up and take better pics. You can hardly tell what they look like

2u61w7k.jpg
Wow,your car looks great and love the color.
Would love to pictures of the Whipple Supercharger on your mustang.
Thanks

Sponsored

brandonalberd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic S550
I'm still having fuel trim issues. No CEL, replaced plugs, removed cats ( thought maybe melted/clogged ). May try replacing O2, MAF and Purge Valve.

I'm going to recheck my plugs this weekend. I used a wheel gauge to check gap, and the adjusting tool to open/close the tip so as not to damage the nodule. Gonna check them with a feeler gauge.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I'm still having fuel trim issues. No CEL, replaced plugs, removed cats ( thought maybe melted/clogged ). May try replacing O2, MAF and Purge Valve.

I'm going to recheck my plugs this weekend. I used a wheel gauge to check gap, and the adjusting tool to open/close the tip so as not to damage the nodule. Gonna check them with a feeler gauge.
Wait for the tune update before you waste more money.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Wait for the tune update before you waste more money.
I agree and realize how frustrating it can be for those who have issues here, but Whipple is on this, and they are about to release the fix to all at the same time. Whipple has always come through for their customers in my experience.

Sponsored

5.O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
U said u did the install 2 weeks ago,did u do a crank relearn???
It's TripleB who did the install 2 weeks ago mine has been on the car for over a year now.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto

How far are your fuel trims off,if they were off and u did a repair the best thing to.do is a kam reset as the ltft take some time to adjust.The cell won't come on unless your ltft hit + or - 25.After doing a kam reset I would drive the car for 20 miles them look at trims again.Also after doing a fuel system Jon had to redo my tune because my.fuel trims were setting off my cel light.I also had a vacuum leak at my regualtor.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
How far are your fuel trims off,if they were off and u did a repair the best thing to.do is a kam reset as the ltft take some time to adjust.The cell won't come on unless your ltft hit + or - 25.After doing a kam reset I would drive the car for 20 miles them look at trims again.Also after doing a fuel system Jon had to redo my tune because my.fuel trims were setting off my cel light.I also had a vacuum leak at my regualtor.
Ngauge cant do kam resets ...

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
From my understanding most of the issues are for the phase 2 with the 72 lb injectors. Just an FYI for readers
Which makes me wonder what it will do with a better injector like a 1050X...