Sponsored

Share some pics of changed rear GT emblems?

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
I did the typical unoriginal plastidip of the GT emblem. It turned out well but after 3 years I want a change, especially given how dull it is on the black rear panel.

I've seen one picture of someone who did it orange (mustang emblem) and it looked a bit too ricey, but does anyone have pics of the GT with another color or shape?

Is there an aftermarket california special shape GT emblem? Would it be a direct fit? Ideally one that doesn't say california special since..mine is not. But i DO like the shape, or at least would like to see it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
clevernickname

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
1ehhrtbjuawy.jpg

Here's one I've seen.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Long ago I did this: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22749&highlight=touch+retro

Then the following year I had a black chrome Howler badge on the car, but wasn't satisfied with the level of finish on it. Then I went badgeless.

A few months ago I repainted my Howler badge body color, and redid the old emblem at the same time since I was spraying paint anyway. I decided to run the old emblem again, but haven't taken any pics since I put it back on.

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
I did the typical unoriginal plastidip of the GT emblem. It turned out well but after 3 years I want a change, especially given how dull it is on the black rear panel.

I've seen one picture of someone who did it orange (mustang emblem) and it looked a bit too ricey, but does anyone have pics of the GT with another color or shape?

Is there an aftermarket california special shape GT emblem? Would it be a direct fit? Ideally one that doesn't say california special since..mine is not. But i DO like the shape, or at least would like to see it.
The Euro Mustangs have different emblems on the decklid.
Google search: mustang decklid emblem great britain

Then there are the backlit emblems in this thread: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64809

_

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I’m trying to figure out how to make this emblem for the decklid. It’s the Nirth American Aviation logo. That’s the company that produced the P-51 in WW2. Anyone have any ideas that don’t cost $500 or more? I’m thinking of reversing the colors. Black with white accents, or perhaps red. Any ideas?
2EA51C4D-AC94-4CDE-8BB8-5A9A166629A6.jpeg

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I'd see if you can't get something 3D printed and then painted. Just my opinion would be to have the black raised up (embossed?) and the white down.

Not sure how hard it would be to get a faux gas cap like the Euro decklids and put your design inside, should look good like that. Only hard part would be the parts extending out of the triangle (beak and head in particular).

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I'd see if you can't get something 3D printed and then painted. Just my opinion would be to have the black raised up (embossed?) and the white down.

Not sure how hard it would be to get a faux gas cap like the Euro decklids and put your design inside, should look good like that. Only hard part would be the parts extending out of the triangle (beak and head in particular).
My thoughts exactly! I’ll have to try to find someone who could print it. The guy that makes those howler/Coyote emblems won’t make anything P-51 related it seems. Says there’s no interest. I beg to differ. Personally I think the coyote badges are very nice, but now just overdone. The Engine is the Coyote but the car is a Mustang and anything P-51 related you’d think would be popular.. lol
Sponsored