bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Here are the suspension part numbers taken from Ford Parts website. Couple of interesting items to note. The wheel liners are different from standard a standard GT. If you look up PP2 parts, their listed as Platinum Performance.

The suspension parts below are the same as a GT350, and your welcome to verify for yourself.

Front Shocks #18124
Rear Shocks #18125
Front Springs #5310
Rear Springs #5560
Front Swaybar #5482

Hub assembly, rotors and calipers - same as PP1.
I wonder if there is much actual difference between the PP1 magride shocks and the GT350/PP2, other than ECU logic. I am really considering picking up some of those springs, depending on how cheap I can get them. I am also considering that extra front spoiler.
Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I wonder if there is much actual difference between the PP1 magride shocks and the GT350/PP2, other than ECU logic. I am really considering picking up some of those springs, depending on how cheap I can get them. I am also considering that extra front spoiler.
I'm looking at all the suspension bits that are not Bullitt specific and replacing them with PP2.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I suspect the fender linings are modified to prevent rubbing at full lock.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

Sponsored

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
Well written, yep the Camaro is faster, yes it handles better.
I need a daily driver that is practical, that I can see out of and does not look like a cartoon vehicle, I chose a Mustang.
If I wanted a track car I would buy a vet or build a Miata.
did ya'll hear what Mama said...shut up and drive!!! dman

codesx100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
I wonder if there is much actual difference between the PP1 magride shocks and the GT350/PP2, other than ECU logic.
I would be interested to know If there is any difference between the PP1 and PP2 and GT350 struts, it could be a nice upgrade if there was any performance benefit.

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The Ford Mustang/GT350 Magneride shocks are the same. Only the calibration is tuned. An upgraded controller/tune can be purchased from DSC. I think they get $1400 for the box/bracket/tune.

I don’t know if anyone has swapped the PP2 controller into a PP1 magneride car yet.

Cheers,

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
I thing I noticed in your part listing was the #5560 rear spring which is part of the Ford Performance Street spring set...the X group. interesting. not sure of fronts. dman

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2

Sponsored

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1

dmann