Sponsored

Ford Racing ProCal Tune

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I have a dumb ? If I already have a CAI installed say steeda's cai but wanted the ford performance Tune would that still be safe? and would the warranty that comes with the ford performance kit still be allowed since I didn't use the cai that comes with the kit anyone know? thanks
It would still be safe, but as for the warranty you might want to contact FP to get a written answer. Some guys on here a while back emailed FP and they said it was okay and the warranty would still be intact with a different CAI.
Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Why not just use the CAI that comes with the kit and sell the Steeda CAI to off set the cost of the FP kit?

16RubyRed

S550Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang Ecoboost
FYI...Spoke with Ford Performance today regarding my tune and why I am not experiencing the full benefits yet. It has now been 1 week and just over 300 miles since the tune was installed. The vehicle continues to shift hard in "S" mode and my 0-60 times are 1+ second slower than before the tune. They verified that I have correct tune and instructed me to continue driving the vehicle as it takes time for the PCM to learn the tune. I asked how long it takes and they responded to perform 6-7 pulls from 30 mph to 70 mph in 4th gear to speed up the process.

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
FYI...Spoke with Ford Performance today regarding my tune and why I am not experiencing the full benefits yet. It has now been 1 week and just over 300 miles since the tune was installed. The vehicle continues to shift hard in "S" mode and my 0-60 times are 1+ second slower than before the tune. They verified that I have correct tune and instructed me to continue driving the vehicle as it takes time for the PCM to learn the tune. I asked how long it takes and they responded to perform 6-7 pulls from 30 mph to 70 mph in 4th gear to speed up the process.
Took me approximately 70 miles

Sponsored

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
Just got the tune installed over the weekend, definitely noticed the new character of the car, within 50 miles I was revving up a lot quicker, the car loves to go up to 10 psi in a snap now. Throttle response is exactly what I wanted.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
It takes some time for the tune to "kick in".

The pulls will definitely help.

Rick B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
Well has it started pulling any better after a week of use?

16RubyRed

S550Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Well has it started pulling any better after a week of use?
Yes it has started to pull better. If I take off at about 30% throttle it pulls like a bat out of hell. However if I floor it the vehicle appears to be confused and hesitates to before launching and then struggles until turbo kicks in. 0-60 times are still around 7 seconds. Also still shifts rough in "S" drive, definitely faster and sportier in "S" drive though.

Just heard from Galpin Auto Sport and this is what they stated. "keep the vehicle in 3rd gear and go from 55-75mph without braking, allow the vehicle to coast back down to 55 and then bring it back up to 75mph-continue to do this 4-5 times. This will speed up the learn routine through the computer. Otherwise I guess the learn routine can take up to 3 weeks to relearn."

Although I have put almost 400 miles on the vehicle it has only been 1.5 weeks. I will give it another week and see what happens. :shrug:

Rick B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
Thanks for the update. Will try the learn procedure you suggested.

Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Double check your charge pipe clamps are tight and that the install of the CAI didn’t dislodge any connectors. I had both issues after my install.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Does anyone have any insight or info as to when Ford will release a tune for the 2018’s?

16RubyRed

S550Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Double check your charge pipe clamps are tight and that the install of the CAI didn’t dislodge any connectors. I had both issues after my install.
Thanks for the info I checked last night and all is tight and connections are solid. However this got me to thinking about my setup and I did change out the spark plugs a week before the tune. I have the NGK-6510 plugs installed which are -1 colder and gapped at .028. Could this be a contributing factor?

I will research through this thread because I believe "The Lion" posted info regarding plugs awhile back. :doh:

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Your plugs are likely not a huge contributor, but I would definitely go back to a stock heat range gapped at .028. Colder plugs are definitely not necessary at stock or FP power levels.

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
So question. The computer my original factory tune on had issues and was turned in (was a work computer). So I no longer have the file. I am SOL if I ever want to go back to factory? Can Ford flash it back to factory?
Sponsored