Sponsored

Finally Got to See One In Person (Exterior Feedback)

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
Ya you can drive 80 on highways with zero fear of cops. A bit short of 130 but at least its not Ohio driving.
It seems that 82 is about the magic number in a 65 zone. I was going about 80 one day and there's a stretch in LA on I-5 that drops to 55. So 80 in a 55. I got pulled over and let go with a warning.

80-82 in a 65 and cops don't even look twice. The stretch of I-5 north of LA where it's 70, 80-90 is pretty standard.

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
Ya you can drive 80 on highways with zero fear of cops. A bit short of 130 but at least its not Ohio driving.
And we can drive 80 99% of the year.. 75 degrees all day every day
17 GT in CA > 18 GT in OH lol

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
And we can drive 80 99% of the year.. 75 degrees all day every day
17 GT in CA > 18 GT in OH lol
Yeah but CA < pretty much anywhere else in the US. If the whole state was just one big national park, then it'd be cool.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I saw an '18 for the first time yesterday. It was a black Eco convertible but it was far away which made making my first in-person judgement of the new styling virtually impossible.
Most people won't be able to tell the difference. You have to really look at the front or the taillights. I just went over to the dealer to cancel my ESP and on the lot driving by I had a hard time seeing the refreshed cars at first glance (though the orange fury ones were a dead giveaway :lol:).

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
What is wrong with you guys. Screw speed limits. A guy like me (a lot like me) drove whatever speed he wished. Nothing bad happened. He had to talk himself out of being arrested once but still made it to work on time. Brag about driving 85 in a GT in Cali? How about we swap cars. :lol: and BTW I’m an old fart of 58.

Make me proud you young guys. Show me mug shots and radar speeds of 170. Own the moment!:D

Last edited:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Is there any point in providing a useless opinion on something that is considered purely subjective
I'm right there with you.

I usually just skip past this obvious point, but seriously........who GAF what the OP thinks? Should we all start threads just because we have an opinion on something?

Everyone has opinions, no one's is any more valid than another's.

Sponsored

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is wrong with you guys. Screw speed limits. A guy like me (a lot like me) drove whatever speed he wished. Nothing bad happened. He had to talk himself out of being arrested once but still made it to work on time. Brag about driving 85 in a GT in Cali? How about we swap cars. :lol: and BTW I’m an old fart of 58.

Make me proud you young guys. Show me mug shots and radar speeds of 170. Own the moment!:D
Who's bragging? Just stating a simple fact that cops don't care if you go 80-85 generally. It's not bragging...just discussion.

Yes, we all get that you're super duper cool. I don't have mugshots but I have some video of some airborne ops out of an MV-22 Osprey. Can I be cool like you too? ;)

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm right there with you.

I usually just skip past this obvious point, but seriously........who GAF what the OP thinks? Should we all start threads just because we have an opinion on something?

Everyone has opinions, no one's is any more valid than another's.
At least the OP stated his opinion in a not-douchey way like a lot of people "the 2018s look like 3000# of smashed assholes, I'd rather drive a pinto hurrrr durrrr" :D

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Who's bragging? Just stating a simple fact that cops don't care if you go 80-85 generally. It's not bragging...just discussion.

Yes, we all get that you're super duper cool. I don't have mugshots but I have some video of some airborne ops out of an MV-22 Osprey. Can I be cool like you too? ;)
He's in Canada... that's 85 kilometers per hour lol
In Canada more fear of hitting moose then cops
I've driven from Calgary to Edmonton more then a few times : )

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
IMHO... This thread is fantastic.
OK, back to work now.

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
At least the OP stated his opinion in a not-douchey way like a lot of people "the 2018s look like 3000# of smashed assholes, I'd rather drive a pinto hurrrr durrrr" :D
Agree. The only thing I don't like about the 18 is the view looking over the hood from inside car... too flat

Other then that I can't tell that much of a difference between the 2 honestly.
Sponsored