Sponsored

Help not sure what it is

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
I ease off the clutch and I get a strong vibration coming from the rear. Like clutch chatter but it's coming from the rear end. Could it have something to do with my stock driveshaft? Buddy has a g force aluminum driveshaft for sale. Hoping that fixes the problem. What do u guys think it could Be? Please help
Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'm guessing maybe it is clutch chatter transmitting to the rear...you no, the thump that a lot of people complain about, only different due to a flywheel or clutch problem.

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
(wild guess) Have you considered the diff bushing bolts? Kelly's BMR thread has some frightening posts (and pics) from a few of our fellow members!

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah, could be anything. Get it on a lift and have a mechanic take a look.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
You are still under warranty for your driveline (of course, clutch not included). Save your money and see if Ford can fix the issue for free.

From Ford's warranty manual:

(5 yr ; 60k miles)

"Rear-Wheel Drive: axle shafts, rear bearings, center support bearing, drive axle housing (including all internal parts), drive shaft, retainers, supports, seals and gaskets, universal and constant velocity joints."

Sponsored

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
I have a McLeod rst clutch with the steel flywheel. I hope that isn't causing all of my issues.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Only vibrates real bad( rear end shaking horribly not all the time) when I ease off the clutch from a stop light. Some times I feel like I'm gonna to burn up my clutch because I have to ride so much. I rev to about 2 grand and roll off the clutch to prevent some of the shaking. Some times it still vibrate from the rear real bad. I want it to be the driveshaft. Buddy is selling one for a good deal. A g-force aluminum driveshaft

AlyourPal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
May need to get your flywheel resurfaced, uneven wear and deposits from the new clutch. It's certainly not the driveshaft. If that were the case it would cause constant vibration at speed, that increases with speed, not jumping when coming off a stop. Think a washing machine with an uneven load

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
%#@&@* . Nothing but problems with this damn clutch!!!. Sent it back to McLeod a year ago because I was having problems with it getting stuck in 1st 2nd and rev at times. Mailed back to them. They resurfaced the flywheel, always had chatter but now it's a pain to drive the car. I was hoping it wasn't the clutch or flywheel since I sent it back to McLeod and they so called" fixed it"

AlyourPal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
Well it could also be wheel hop, caused by loose rear suspension. Hard to tell without sitting in it. But if you don't have any suspension mods, I'd put money on it being the clutch/flywheel since that's been changed and causing problems already. But I suppose you could swap the vertical links for something beefier and see if that helps. If it does, then you may want to get aggressive with Steeda's lockout kit or something. Maybe the stronger clutch is putting power down faster than your tires/susp can keep up. Again this is all speculation. But a lot of smart and experienced people on here, that could help, but need more details. Complete list of mods would be first, ideally video of the issue. Maybe someone in NC would be willing to take a look or recommend a speed shop out there.

Sponsored
OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
I'll see if I can post a video. I have bmr vertical links, bmr lockout kit a steeda diff, bushings, eibach pro kit springs, mcleod rst, MGW shifter clutch steel flywheel longtubes cold air and a Lund tune

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I'm willing to get it is the clutch coupled with the slop in the rear drivetrain. I am on my second RST clutch and it is fucked now too, chatter and warped floating plate.
I am going to be pulling it out and putting a single disc clutch.

Someone said it could also be a broken BMR bolt holding the rear end. I have not had a chance to look at mine but I am 90% sure I have a broken bolt. As soon as I get other projects out of the way, the Mustang is next.
Sponsored