Sponsored

Help Needed

amfm144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2012 Mustang V6
Hey Guys,

Really need your help in finalizing my order for the 2018 Orange Fury GT Premium( Auto Trans + Black Accent Package + Active Valve Exhaust).

The configuration I want is not available at any of the dealerships in my state Georgia, so I decided to place a custom order and wait for 3 months. The dealer did not offer any additional discounts besides the $1500 incentive which is currently going on in GA on top of my X Plan price.

Here's how my final price looks like if I decide to place a custom order with X Plan.

Starting X Plan : $38,618
Total of Options : $2,256 (OF Color + Auto Trans + Black Accent Package + Active Valve Exhaust )
Destination Charges : $900
Total X Plan : $41,774
Available Incentives : - $1,500
Net X Plan : $40,274

But then I came across a similar configuration with a couple more options - Voice Activated Nav System and 3.55 Ratio Limited Slip Diff for $39,254 which is $1000 less than my custom order price and also $1300 additional options. However, the catch here is, it's in a different state (Missouri).

Here's the link to the one in MO - http://www.autoplazafordsaintgenevieve.com/new/Ford/2018-Ford-Mustang-6e40879e0a0e0aea0313450a0337a6da.htm?searchDepth=4:5

I did ask my current dealer if they can ship it here but he said there will be an additional cost, he is yet to tell me how much the additional cost going to be to ship it to GA.

What do you guys suggest ? Should I directly talk to the dealer in Missouri ,buy it from them and drive it back to GA ? or Pay the additional cost to the current dealer and get it shipped ? Also, Will there be any additional costs/fees/paperwork if you buy car from a different State ?

Please let me know your thoughts.
Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Hey Guys,

Really need your help in finalizing my order for the 2018 Orange Fury GT Premium( Auto Trans + Black Accent Package + Active Valve Exhaust).

The configuration I want is not available at any of the dealerships in my state Georgia, so I decided to place a custom order and wait for 3 months. The dealer did not offer any additional discounts besides the $1500 incentive which is currently going on in GA on top of my X Plan price.

Here's how my final price looks like if I decide to place a custom order with X Plan.

Starting X Plan : $38,618
Total of Options : $2,256 (OF Color + Auto Trans + Black Accent Package + Active Valve Exhaust )
Destination Charges : $900
Total X Plan : $41,774
Available Incentives : - $1,500
Net X Plan : $40,274

But then I came across a similar configuration with a couple more options - Voice Activated Nav System and 3.55 Ratio Limited Slip Diff for $39,254 which is $1000 less than my custom order price and also $1300 additional options. However, the catch here is, it's in a different state (Missouri).

Here's the link to the one in MO - http://www.autoplazafordsaintgenevieve.com/new/Ford/2018-Ford-Mustang-6e40879e0a0e0aea0313450a0337a6da.htm?searchDepth=4:5

I did ask my current dealer if they can ship it here but he said there will be an additional cost, he is yet to tell me how much the additional cost going to be to ship it to GA.

What do you guys suggest ? Should I directly talk to the dealer in Missouri ,buy it from them and drive it back to GA ? or Pay the additional cost to the current dealer and get it shipped ? Also, Will there be any additional costs/fees/paperwork if you buy car from a different State ?

Please let me know your thoughts.
I've never had a dealership charge for procuring a vehicle from another dealer within a reasonable distance.
If the other dealership is not too far, go ahead and call them, tell them you're in negotiations with a dealership near you but if they'll beat the price you'll just buy directly from them.
I live in NJ and generally buy from PA, there's no added costs with buying from another state - you do need to get a new MV sticker, though. (which is free in NJ)

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
That a pretty long way for your dealer to transport a car, so I can see his point of making a charge. I suggest you talk directly to the Missouri dealer, and ask how much it would cost to ship the car. But, I will say picking the car up at the dealer, and driving it home would be a great way to do a break-in on your new car. That's what I suggest if you have the time. You could rent a car one way, drop it off, and drive the new one home. Or fly in, and the dealer could pick you up at the airport. Good luck on your decision.

BTW, www.plycargroup.com is a highly rated shipping company on the Corvette Forum I'm a member of. I've not seen a negative about them. You could call them for a quote.

OP
OP

amfm144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the input. The dealer is like 500 miles away from where I live, and yes I wasn't expecting the additional price for shipping either, let's what he quotes.

Also, how much does MV sticker usually cost, if it's not free ?

I've never had a dealership charge for procuring a vehicle from another dealer within a reasonable distance.
If the other dealership is not too far, go ahead and call them, tell them you're in negotiations with a dealership near you but if they'll beat the price you'll just buy directly from them.
I live in NJ and generally buy from PA, there's no added costs with buying from another state - you do need to get a new MV sticker, though. (which is free in NJ)

OP
OP

amfm144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I will take your suggestion, let me talk to the MO dealer and see what they say about the shipping and if they can do it for free or less cost.

If not, I am willing to take the flight and drive it back to GA, 500 miles is totally do able :)

That a pretty long way for your dealer to transport a car, so I can see his point of making a charge. I suggest you talk directly to the Missouri dealer, and ask how much it would cost to ship the car. But, I will say picking the car up at the dealer, and driving it home would be a great way to do a break-in on your new car. That's what I suggest if you have the time. You could rent a car one way, drop it off, and drive the new one home. Or fly in, and the dealer could pick you up at the airport. Good luck on your decision.

BTW, www.plycargroup.com is a highly rated shipping company on the Corvette Forum I'm a member of. I've not seen a negative about them. You could call them for a quote.

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Also, how much does MV sticker usually cost, if it's not free ?
It's whatever you pay or don't pay each time you take your car for inspection to get that sticker on your windshield. :)

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
And what happened?
Dealers DO NOT trade from 500 miles away...for free. The car will have to be shipped--$500 to 1500 (open, closed etc). Your buying sight unseen probably (local dealer will probably want a guaranteed sale before it ships). Also dealers trade cars but the sale and price determination is from the local dealer NOT the distant dealer. To get the "Missouri price" your gonna have to buy it directly from the Missouri dealer or get your local dealer to agree to 'match' that price.

The Missouri car price includes a $1000 discount for "APG Trade Assistance" - do you know what that is? Do you qualify for it?

OP
OP

amfm144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I'm talking to the MO dealership directly since I have to trade in my old car too. I will most probably go there the next weekend and pick up the car.

APG Trade Assistance is some sort assistance towards trade in, not exactly a discount, didn't quite understand what that is .. So, the actual price of the Car is $40,254(which is 5k less than the MSRP) not $39,254. But they gave a good trade in value($8,500) for my old car IMO, it's a 2012 stock V6 Auto with 71K miles on it, other than few scratches and some dents on the front bumper there are no mechanical issues.

Does it sound like a good deal to you or there is still room for negotiation ?

Last edited:

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Yes, I'm talking to the MO dealership directly since I have to trade in my old car too. I will most probably go there the next weekend and pick up the car.

APG Trade Assistance is some sort assistance towards trade in, not exactly a discount, didn't quite understand what that is .. So, the actual price of the Car is $40,254(which is 5k less than the MSRP) not $39,254. But they gave a good trade in value($8,500) for my old car IMO, it's a 2012 stock V6 Auto with 71K miles on it, other than few scratches and some dents on the front bumper there are no mechanical issues.

Does it sound like a good deal to you or there is still room for negotiation ?
Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me. However, you may want to ask if there are any Dealer/Doc fees that will added to that price. That way you will have the entire price of the car before tax/tag/title. These type fees are all over the place, and you would want to know the amount before to make the drive. Good luck