Sponsored

MAK performance 2018 GT makes 846 RWHP.

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
with nothing but a fuel pump and fuel swap to e85, the car picked up almost 200 wheel hp. couldn't believe it till i saw it with my own eyes. im still screwing with the tune some but its pretty close. it honestly has more in it as you can see from revving it out more but with stock OPG's we just are not sure. lol. once i finish up the trans tune this thing should get down this fri at the track. :headbang:

still amazing that this is with a bottom basement HO procharger kit. and a 95% stock car. absolutely amazing what for ford has given us.

Mh6ozK.jpg
Sponsored

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Can you overlay the last finished tune with that new one?

Aside from fuel change, additional timing and reving it out more, what else changed? Blower pulley? There’s no way 200whp can be gained with just fuel.

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium

Aside from fuel change, additional timing and reving it out more, what else changed? Blower pulley? There’s no way 200whp can be gained with just fuel.
Fuel Pump, Injectors and Tuning. Everything else on the car is the same as before.

GigaHz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2012 Taurus SHO
Maybe the supercharger?

OP
OP

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

i think the biggest gain is from the fact that the original timing had to be SOOO low on 93. we were running 11-12 degrees MAX on 93 cause it just would not take anymore. you really start to fall off a cliff with timing that low. in hind sight it might have made more power at a lower boost but with more timing. either way going from 11 degrees to 22 is a massive jump in timing and that coupled with the fact e85 make more power even if you don't change a thing makes me believe it.

EDIT: also let add that i didnt have to run it nearly as rich. i was having to run .76 lambda to surpress knock where the e85 tune is now .81

Sponsored

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
i think the biggest gain is from the fact that the original timing had to be SOOO low on 93. we were running 11-12 degrees MAX on 93 cause it just would not take anymore. you really start to fall off a cliff with timing that low. in hind sight it might have made more power at a lower boost but with more timing. either way going from 11 degrees to 22 is a massive jump in timing and that coupled with the fact e85 make more power even if you don't change a thing makes me believe it.

EDIT: also let add that i didnt have to run it nearly as rich. i was having to run .76 lambda to surpress knock where the e85 tune is now .81
Ok that makes way more sense...thanks for clarifying Matt. I was thinking you were in the 15* timing range on pump gas and around 20-22* on e85. Guess the car just didn’t like boost on pump gas with the higher compression. 11* of additional timing with some cooling from the ethanol through the regular injectors and running it a little leaner, I can see where all the power came from.

Glad to hear the car is hitting the track this weekend...should pop right into the 9’s and set the bar for the 2018’s. Congrats and nice work fellas!

OP
OP

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok that makes way more sense...thanks for clarifying Matt. I was thinking you were in the 15* timing range on pump gas and around 20-22* on e85. Guess the car just didn’t like boost on pump gas with the higher compression. 11* of additional timing with some cooling from the ethanol through the regular injectors and running it a little leaner, I can see where all the power came from.

Glad to hear the car is hitting the track this weekend...should pop right into the 9’s and set the bar for the 2018’s. Congrats and nice work fellas!
the the 12:1 compression is a bitch on 93. i really dont see too many people trying to run more than 6-7 psi. see on 7 psi you still can run the system on 100% DI and there is no detonation issues. above that you need to start using the port injection as well and thats were it starts to fall off on timing. my timing was dropping from 20 degrees at 5000 to 12 degree simply because it was out of DI and the PI was kicking in so i had to pull timing. octane is going to do WONDERS on these cars. even hellion needed to run torco 108 for their numbers. i just dont see you being able to get crazy with boost on 93 on these. unless someone comes out with larger injectors for the DI side. but as we can see, put it on meth injection or e85 and hold the hell on

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Nice #'s how much boost ?

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA

Steeda Tech JohnC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gt's and ST's

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
They do wednesday dr and slicks only every other week
Ahh ok. Thanks. I remember the last time out with my GT500 they were starting that, but only for the right lane and till 8pm. I would like to come out and watch n make a pass or two in the 350 :)

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
What fuel pump did u use???

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
the the 12:1 compression is a bitch on 93. i really dont see too many people trying to run more than 6-7 psi. see on 7 psi you still can run the system on 100% DI and there is no detonation issues. above that you need to start using the port injection as well and thats were it starts to fall off on timing. my timing was dropping from 20 degrees at 5000 to 12 degree simply because it was out of DI and the PI was kicking in so i had to pull timing. octane is going to do WONDERS on these cars. even hellion needed to run torco 108 for their numbers. i just dont see you being able to get crazy with boost on 93 on these. unless someone comes out with larger injectors for the DI side. but as we can see, put it on meth injection or e85 and hold the hell on
Yea it sounds like the new motor hates boost on pump gas lol...that’s a huge swing in timing from 20 down to 12! Idk too much about the new ford di setup, but on my s4 with di we were able to swap the hpfp (high pressure fuel pump) piston to increase volume on e85. Assuming ford is like gm and you’ll need a custom cam with additional lift to get more out of the di. Can’t believe it made that much pew pew at only 10psi

Thanks for sharing the info brotha!
Sponsored