Sponsored

Canadian 2018 Mustang Gt (300A) limited to 7000rpm

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Just tooled around on autotrader and any v8 I saw with interior pictures had the old red line
Sponsored

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
Just tooled around on autotrader and any v8 I saw with interior pictures had the old red line
It s very stranged that no one as any explanations. Does the dash need to be changed in each car or not ?

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
It s very stranged that no one as any explanations. Does the dash need to be changed in each car or not ?
I highly doubt that such an "error" was introduced on every car and known that future (and costly) replacement would be required.

There is an explanation but no one had reached out to an official channel to find out.

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
I am in contact with Ford Canada however they are trying to find a answer thru engineering department but they are on vacation. It was very complicated just to make them understand the problem even with pics LOL. Here the answer:

"After looking through the customers emails I was able to find his attached images and yes the 2018 Mustang GT has moved to 7500 rpm's from 7000 in 2018. The image the customer is showing and the vehicle he is referring to is a early model 2018 Mustang with a build date of 11/14/17.

The part might be an updated part after a certain build date and we are trying to get this information from the Mustang product engineer but they are all on holiday until after the New Year.

Also the Mustang product engineer has retired and we are trying to find out who his replacement is. This might take some time to get the official answer."

My car is being built January 4th. I hope my retail order come with the good gauge. I still scratching my head about how Ford can put old dash in a new car and that is only for Canadians customer...weird!!!

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
Ford offers to employees too much vacations. Still no answer from them ?

Sponsored

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
Probably getting older clusters. Ford probably had a ton of them left over and isn't going to simply throw them away.

Big deal.

It's not weird, it's not unusual, it's not out of the ordinary. It's simply big business. Stuff like this happens and has happened as long as the automobile has been built.

This is actually pretty minor in the grand scheme of things and Ford was probably hoping nobody would really care.

The engine makes 460hp and revs to 7,400. Who cares what the gauge reads?

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
If they end up installing the correct clusters, these "oddities" may be worth a bit more in the future as collector cars??? ... looking for a bit of a positive here ...

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Has anyone seen if these clusters are displaying the digital speedo?

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
Still no news on this. Ford Canada try to have a answer and it seem like they have a hard time getting to the good guy to get the info.

My car arrive in a few days. It's a retail custom order. I am pretty sure it will have the old gage.

It is about the wrong red line but also on every package except 100A and 300A the new gauge have a hallow ring around the Speedo and tach that can be custom colored. We pay every bit of money so we should get all the updated parts. By the way it's the first time Ford do something like this for Canadians customers

As far as digital Speedo it is display on the center screen so that still be there .

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I don't know what it could involv to change the dash. But if there is a lot of screws etc... i will be afraid of rattles that could appear
Don't worry. Ford will probably just have dealers use a Sharpy on the clear plastic to cross out the wrong red line and draw in a new one.

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Still no news on this. Ford Canada try to have a answer and it seem like they have a hard time getting to the good guy to get the info.

My car arrive in a few days. It's a retail custom order. I am pretty sure it will have the old gage.

It is about the wrong red line but also on every package except 100A and 300A the new gauge have a hallow ring around the Speedo and tach that can be custom colored. We pay every bit of money so we should get all the updated parts. By the way it's the first time Ford do something like this for Canadians customers

As far as digital Speedo it is display on the center screen so that still be there .
So the digital speedo is there? That is an important piece of information to understand what they did. If it is there then either they are left over clusters that had the digital speedo enabled or it is a new cluster with the same RPM face from the 15-17 cars.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Anyway to enable digital speedo on 15-17 clusters

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Someone should pop the hood on one of these to make sure Ford is not building them with leftover 2nd gen Coyotes as well.:ford:

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Probably getting older clusters. Ford probably had a ton of them left over and isn't going to simply throw them away.

Big deal.

It's not weird, it's not unusual, it's not out of the ordinary. It's simply big business. Stuff like this happens and has happened as long as the automobile has been built.

This is actually pretty minor in the grand scheme of things and Ford was probably hoping nobody would really care.

The engine makes 460hp and revs to 7,400. Who cares what the gauge reads?
I think we should care. My 2016 has a dash plate that says "CALIFORNIA SPECIAL". If it didn't say that, as silly as it sounds, it would bother me. I paid for a 2016 Cali Special and I want what the MY2016 brochure says I am supposed to get. When we spend a shit load of money on a car, we should expect to get what was advertized. Is there anything wrong with getting what you are supposed to get....I don't think so...:shrug:.

In my opinion, if the gauge is wrong it should be fixed. You should bet what you pay for, no matter how trivial it may seem to others...:thumbsup:

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
They should all have digital gauges like all the other exports.
Sponsored