Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

jesse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT vert
Does ford 'receiving' the order indicate the dealer had an allocation? I ordered the car on 12/17.
From my experience reading these forums and other things on the internet with not actual knowledge of ford's system, Ford receiving the ordering and not "processing it" i.e. assigning it a production date and VIN means most likely the dealer does not have the allocation or ford does not have the parts for that order.

I have also read that they run the production line in groups or batches of a certain type. This is a little more in the speculation part but I would guess they do not run euro spec and us spec at the same time. I have seen pictures of the line where they have convertible and coupes running together so I would love to know more about this if anyone has direct knowledge of the production.
Sponsored

Donyw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I ordered on 12/8. Was told it would be no problem and would be delivered 6-8 weeks later. 6 weeks later there is still no Vin. No build date. Nothing. Call the dealer, he said expect one next week. Next week comes and goes nothing. I wait another week and he calls me. The Regional Rep promised them an allocation, but couldn’t get one in January. Was promised one, but it didn’t exist. Maybe February, definitely March. This would put me picking up my car in May almost. Was able to find the same car locally and buy it. During the pick up process I asked what happened. He said allocations are based on sales. If you move a lot of Mustangs you get a lot of allocations. Doesn’t matter that Ford has your order. It’s all about the Regional Rep, and the allocations. And they will take an order without an allocation and then try and get one. Was a very disappointing and frustrating process.

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I'm one of the few who doesn't want the car ASAP and I'd rather take delivery after the winter (I aimed for April 1st). I'm guessing I won't see it until after May.

I picked probably one of the biggest dealers around me thinking I wouldn't run into allocation issues. They have a lot of 18's on their lot as well. It just sucks not hearing anything for almost two months.

I'll keep the order in until late March and see what happens.

Donyw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I was the same way till I heard of the allocation issues. I’m in NY so it’s tucked under a cover for a few months. Just so frustrating being strung a long. I didn’t know it was such a process. Good luck. Hope it works out for you. If I ever order another I will pick a high volume dealer too and make sure they have an allocation first.

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I was the same way till I heard of the allocation issues. I’m in NY so it’s tucked under a cover for a few months. Just so frustrating being strung a long. I didn’t know it was such a process. Good luck. Hope it works out for you. If I ever order another I will pick a high volume dealer too and make sure they have an allocation first.
I live on Long Island so we are in the same boat! I've noticed most if not all dealers will attempt to BS you into ordering even when they don't have an allocation. There really isn't a way to find out until you realize your order hasn't moved for two months.

Sponsored

Dschaefs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
I'm one of the few who doesn't want the car ASAP and I'd rather take delivery after the winter (I aimed for April 1st). I'm guessing I won't see it until after May.

I picked probably one of the biggest dealers around me thinking I wouldn't run into allocation issues. They have a lot of 18's on their lot as well. It just sucks not hearing anything for almost two months.

I'll keep the order in until late March and see what happens.
Someone mentioned that Flatrock is currently in a shut down to do some upgrades to the line. That could also be causing a backlog if your car was about to hit the line. I am in the same boat, I waited until now to order so it would not arrive during the winter. I'm banking on sometime in April for delivery. We will see what happens... :shrug:

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Mine is supposed to be here in 5 days and still isn't in transit.

So, it won't be here in 5 days...

Donyw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I think Ford could really do a much better job for their die hard customers.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I ordered a GT Premium with a 6 speed on 1/25. I went with the 401a, Oxford white, magneride, active valve exhaust, performance pack, and the shaker pro system. I didn't want to order one, but I couldn't find one in California that was manual with the options I wanted. So far mine isn't showing up in Cotus. I'm guessing that has something to do with the plant being shut down for a few weeks. My last two Ford orders showed up on Cotus about a week after ordering.

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Got a COTUS checker e-mail notification, hoping to see good news annnnnnnnnnnnnd - window sticker updated. Can't find anything on the window sticker that actually changed and the date on the bottom of it is still 1/30.

Buzz kill. Ship my fuckin' car Ford!

Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Cotus Checker!

Called and confirmed pick up for 10AM tomorrow!!!

rmobjk.jpg

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
That goes to show how shit Ford's logistics are.

We're both in FL and had pretty similar schedules up until the production part.

Mine: Ordered 11/10/17, order processing complete 1/8/18, built 1/17/18, shipped ??, EDD 2/10/18 (not happening)

Yours: Ordered 11/30/17, order processing complete 1/11/18, built 1/23/18, shipped 1/23/18, transit complete 2/6/18, delivered 2/6/18, EDD 2/12/18.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, just wanna see if anyone else knows: after you already place the order, are you allowed to make small updates up until the processing date? I submitted my order, but I'm thinking within the next couple weeks, as long as I get my current car sold, I want to update my order to add PP2

Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
So your car's original EDD was like the 27th of February? Congrats man. Pics tomorrow.
Original was the 12th of feb, then it changed to the 22nd.

Arrived today but they couldn’t release till tomorrow.

I’ll post pictures once I get home and wash it! Has some ugly ass 18 inch wheels but I can’t wait

That goes to show how shit Ford's logistics are.

We're both in FL and had pretty similar schedules up until the production part.

Mine: Ordered 11/10/17, order processing complete 1/8/18, built 1/17/18, shipped ??, EDD 2/10/18 (not happening)

Yours: Ordered 11/30/17, order processing complete 1/11/18, built 1/23/18, shipped 1/23/18, transit complete 2/6/18, delivered 2/6/18, EDD 2/12/18.
Yeah, it’s all sorts of messed up and once it hits he train if you don’t have a good relationship with your dealer it’s hell to get ANY information.

The dealership it’s being delivered too isn’t where I purchased and they have been rude as hell through the delivery process.
Sponsored