Introduce yourself!!

Flipside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Oxford White,
First post

Mustang fanatic from south Florida.
Been lurking in the forum for a few months now and I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a 2018 Mustang Gt on 02/05/18. Just wanted to say that this forum site is absolutely the best place to really learn about Mustangs.
Sponsored

druby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Premium, Tripple Yellow
New guy in Idaho

Hello all. I'm somewhat new to Mustangs (or any sports car for that matter), though I did have a '67 back in high school and college. I've been busy with kids etc. so put this part of my life on the back burner for a long time. I bought my new car in September of last year. I'm not a hard core car guy, but have always loved Mustangs for some reason. My dad and I fixed up the '67, and then I fell in love with the new body style a few years ago. When it came time to pass my old car down to my high schooler, I test drove a mustang and was hooked. Thankfully I have a wife who was all in.

I ended up with what in my mind is my old '67 in modern formr. Or at least how I always dreamed it would be back then. It's basically the same color, and has some very similar details. I painted my old '67 Corvette Yellow, and painted the side "grilles" and the hood blinker indicator elements black. The new car is Triple yellow, and has the hood vents black. It also has the 5.0 emblem and the rear GT blacked out, so in some ways it reminds me of the little touches I did to the old car. Besides that, it's much much improved in every other way. It's my daily driver, and is do far making my relatively short commute a lot more enjoyable. It's a GT performance pack premium, and I'm loving it. Once I can figure out how to post pictures, I'll try to get one up here.

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
[MENTION=33902]druby[/MENTION], welcome, it’s amazing how the love of cars never dies. Would love to see photos. If you are an Apple user look in to Image Size, that’s the easiest way I found to post pics

druby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Premium, Tripple Yellow
[MENTION=33902]druby[/MENTION], welcome, it’s amazing how the love of cars never dies. Would love to see photos. If you are an Apple user look in to Image Size, that’s the easiest way I found to post pics
Thanks! I was actually pretty surprised about how much I missed having a nicer fun car. In hindsight, I didn't really drive my old mustang very long, but it was during some pretty key times. Having it my senior year of high school and then in college was pretty sweet. I sold it not long after moving to Boise, as it was just too hot to have a daily driver with no A/C, and honestly the car took more ongoing maintenance than I was capable of.

I figured out how to get them to an Album in my profile, but I haven't yet figured out how to get it to show up by my username like yours. I'm sure I'll figure it out. It says I need an http address, so I'll try to put in the one from the picture I put in my album. Here goes....
picture.jpg

jay gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2000 Camaro Z28, 2010 Challanger RT Classic
First ever Ford

Hello from Or.
We just ordered a 2018 GT A10. This will be the first Ford either of us have ever owned.
My daily driver is a 6 spd 2000 Camaro that makes 400 h.p.
Her's was a 2010 6 spd. Dodge Challenger. She traded it in for the Mustang which will be hers.

Dealer claimed the car won't be in for about 3 months. I won't hold my breath

Came here because the dealership wasn't much help in explaining about the A10 trans. functions and there doesn't seem to be any supplied brochures
Dual photo 003.jpg
01Camoro.jpg
2 challenger.jpg

Sponsored

Spixelz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hello from Or.
We just ordered a 2018 GT A10. This will be the first Ford either of us have ever owned.
My daily driver is a 6 spd 2000 Camaro that makes 400 h.p.
Her's was a 2010 6 spd. Dodge Challenger. She traded it in for the Mustang which will be hers.

Dealer claimed the car won't be in for about 3 months. I won't hold my breath

Came here because the dealership wasn't much help in explaining about the A10 trans. functions and there doesn't seem to be any supplied brochures
Welcome! Where in Oregon are you guys?

jay gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome! Where in Oregon are you guys?
Thanks,
We're in the Hillsboro, Newberg area. It seems you ordered everything we did, except for the shaker audio, and the Recaro seats. And the same color
The jury is still out on the A10 trans. Dealer said they may order one of each because there was a screw up on our order.

Spixelz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks,
We're in the Hillsboro, Newberg area. It seems you ordered everything we did, except for the shaker audio, and the Recaro seats. And the same color
The jury is still out on the A10 trans. Dealer said they may order one of each because there was a screw up on our order.
We're out in Forest Grove, not far from you guys at all. I'm still about two months from receiving my car. Did you get PP1?

jay gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We're out in Forest Grove, not far from you guys at all. I'm still about two months from receiving my car. Did you get PP1?
We're up on Bald Peak. Yes we got the PP1. We're not sold on the A10 trans.
We first ordered an A10 but after test driving one we changed our minds.
It shifted through all the gear really fast and choppy from a normal take off, and it was a rough shift up or down.
So we changed our minds and went with the 6 spd.
After watching some vids and reading, we figured there was something wrong with the test car we drove.
So we went back to the dealer to test drive another A10 car. This one as as smooth as glass. As we were explaining about the bad experience with the first test drive, a tech was walking by and explained to us that when an auto first showed up it was in transport mode and needed to be taken out. So it seems the first A10 wasn't prepped.
So we changed the order back to an A10. However found out a day later that our order already went in with the 6 spd. If the dealer can't correct that order they'll order another car with the A10 trans.

This was done on 2/16

TopKek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium - Lightning Blue Metallic
Greetings from sunny Arizona. Got my Lightning Blue Metallic 2018 GT Premium this past weekend. My last two cars were V4 sedans (fatherhood), so it feels great to get back into something with balls and a manual trans. My youngest (almost 3) calls it the "fast blue horsey car." :)
IMG_8580.jpg

Sponsored

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Beautiful! Welcome!!

WattsND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 V6, 2018 GT Premium
Hey, everyone! This forum has been a big help to me in making some purchase decisions lately. The Mustang has always been my favorite car. It started when I was a kid in '94 and saw the new refresh on the Today show while I happened to be home from school one day. I was learning how to drive, and from that day forward wanted a pony car. Finally picked up my first one in '04 when I graduated from college and a dealer friend helped me find a black '02 V6 with only about 18k miles. It was the perfect starter.

Fast forward 14 years, a couple of Fords later for my wife... but I'm still in the '02 myself. I've window shopped a few times, but never had the strong desire to purchase again. When I saw the '18 refresh I knew my willpower wouldn't last much longer. Took the family to the dealership for a test drive, and as soon as I heard that V8 with active exhaust, I knew we were placing an order soon. On Saturday I finally made the jump to my first GT. I placed an order and hope I'll be posting pictures in about 8-12 weeks.

I know they're a pain to keep clean, but for that brief moment they are, I love the look of a black Mustang. I went with the GT Premium Fastback A10 with all upgrade packs, except the Performance Pack/Magnaride. I opted for the black accent pack instead. Can't wait to get back behind the wheel of a new model. I didn't realize just how old my current car had become.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
got mine today

hello to all. my name is Will, I just picked up my gt prem with all the bells. let the fun begain.