Sponsored

Price Increase

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I was chatting to my dealer yesterday and they said there is going to be a £750 increase on a new Mustang from the 1st September, he also thinks they are going to increase prices on the option list as well, so could be a good time to buy one before they go up again :)
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
anotheronelol.jpg

(I think the rise is to cover any losses they'd have incurred from risen taxes on the V8 that'll hit Apr '17 - not sure if they'll bring the EB up too, but if they do, that gives them some more profit)

Heartworm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TVR Tuscan/ LR Defender/ Smart Roadster
Not a surprise with the pound, hope it stays just under the 40 for the tax year benifit.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Bargain at £33k. Not sure I could afford one now ;)

Sponsored

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Us early adopters did get one hell of a bargain.

Not sure I'd buy one at the latest prices

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Us early adopters did get one hell of a bargain.

Not sure I'd buy one at the latest prices
I still would; the eco would have to be at 40-50 for me to strongly consider importing, or something else.

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex GT in TY. Now GT Shadow in RR
I paid £36k as I got caught by the first price rise but dodged the ones after. It is still a bargain car but these rises can only help our residuals.

I still think about selling next year sometimes and these rises should hopefully help keep prices higher. Especially if they keep a long waiting list running.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
(I think the rise is to cover any losses they'd have incurred from risen taxes on the V8 that'll hit Apr '17 - not sure if they'll bring the EB up too, but if they do, that gives them some more profit)
I think you're right. The on the road price includes £1120 road tax for the GT which will rise to £2000 in April 2017. Anyone buying after September 1st would be looking for a delivery after April 1st 2017.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Not a surprise with the pound, hope it stays just under the 40 for the tax year benifit.
According to the DVLA:

"It may help if I explain that the list price required for cars registered from 1st April 2017 is the list price of that vehicle as it stands the day before the date that the vehicle is first registered and licensed. The list price provided for calculating licensing is not influenced by the price of the vehicle when the vehicle was ordered. The list price provided will included any accessories fitted by the manufacturer, VAT and any delivery charges, but not the first registration fee, the cost of the first year licence (VED) or any additional costs for servicing/ warranties etc."

So the value for tax purposes is less than the on the road price.

Sponsored

Heartworm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TVR Tuscan/ LR Defender/ Smart Roadster
According to the DVLA:

"It may help if I explain that the list price required for cars registered from 1st April 2017 is the list price of that vehicle as it stands the day before the date that the vehicle is first registered and licensed. The list price provided for calculating licensing is not influenced by the price of the vehicle when the vehicle was ordered. The list price provided will included any accessories fitted by the manufacturer, VAT and any delivery charges, but not the first registration fee, the cost of the first year licence (VED) or any additional costs for servicing/ warranties etc."

So the value for tax purposes is less than the on the road price.

Thank you, that's worth knowing, my car is due sometime in March according to dealer so collecting in April,

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Quotation:

While cars emitting 255g/km of CO2 or more rightly appear to be hit the hardest with a First Year Rate increase of £900 to £2,000, that only reveals part of the story, because it’s the Standard Rate where the system’s inherent unfairness is confirmed.

Take the Ford Mustang GT Fastback, complete with its 5-litre V8 engine producing 415bhp as well as 299g/km of CO2. Even though the First Year Rate is almost twice as expensive under the 2017 regulations, that bill’s outweighed by the much lower Standard Rate of £140 a year, down from £505.

Because the Mustang’s list price is sub-£40,000 there’s no additional penalty, meaning over the first six years Ford’s muscle car will cost £925 less in VED taxation under the new system.

Harley103

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT
Ford UK management stated to the BBC last week in an article they will be putting prices up across the entire range of cars they sell to make up for the drop in the pound's value.

They also said they expect all car manufacturers to follow suit, they've all been waiting for someone to go first with the price rises

Mr Wibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT550
Well my deposit is down and the dealer stated that the price agreed on will not go higher for me as I have ordered (Expecting my car in march)

If it does I'll be demanding my deposit back and won't buy the car

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Well my deposit is down and the dealer stated that the price agreed on will not go higher for me as I have ordered (Expecting my car in march)

If it does I'll be demanding my deposit back and won't buy the car
The price quoted it what you'll pay if you take the car in March. I would expect that if you want delivery in April the dealer will charge you the extra £880 road fund licence fee.
Sponsored