Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Could be then we'll have burning lithium raining down on us from space :doh:
Yeah but you could hide in the massive tunnel network created by his The Boring Company to hide from the debris!

You see, this is all one big ploy for Munsk's taking over of the world.
Sponsored

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
Yeah but you could hide in the massive tunnel network created by his The Boring Company to hide from the debris!

You see, this is all one big ploy for Munsk's taking over of the world.
Musk's end goal is to drive his personal car down his personal tunnel highway on his personal planet (Mars). :D

His personal 2007 Tesla Roadster is currently sitting atop a Falcon Heavy awaiting launch to an orbit that is of Mars distance from Earth.

Sorry to go off topic - it' s a fun time to be a space enthusiast :cheers:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Musk's end goal is to drive his personal car down his personal tunnel highway on his personal planet (Mars). :D

His personal 2007 Tesla Roadster is currently sitting atop a Falcon Heavy awaiting launch to an orbit that is of Mars distance from Earth.

Sorry to go off topic - it' s a fun time to be a space enthusiast :cheers:
Musk is long on promises but short on delivery except more money into his own pocket that is.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I'd rather us crowd fund a mission to shoot Blaqhole, Hotlap, drew.peacock and Chaddicus into the sun.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I know '21MY/S550 Refresh#2 information is thin on the ground, but lets try and keep this on topic :thumbsup::thumbsup:

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
So are we still on track for a May 2020 SOP?

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
As someone said earlier (I can’t recall who was t or either it was on this forum or not) it looks like the S650 will not be “Cancelled” per se. According to what that guy said the S650 will not be nothing but a “Heavy Modified S550” (like the SN95 was to the Fox4) instead of “clean sheet” and it was pushed to 2022MY instead of 2021MY..... so, SOP should be extended an additional year.

NOTE: I don’t know how much of this is true, I just found it interesting and it made sense FOR ME in my head. If someone can track or remember who was the one that covered that info it would be great, maybe it was only speculation or inside info.

Good question. Hopefully some of our insiders will be able to give us some indication soon?
I hope the same thing.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Thanks Nameless.....hopefully things will become clearer soon :)

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
According to what that guy said the S650 will not be nothing but a “Heavy Modified S550” (like the SN95 was to the Fox4) instead of “clean sheet”...
FOX-4 was the SN-95 Mustang platform. FOX-4 was a modified Fox platform from the Foxbody generation.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
FOX-4 was the SN-95 Mustang platform. FOX-4 was a modified Fox platform from the Foxbody generation.
You're right... I forgot to take my coffee today haha.

With that being said..... the S650 should be to the S550 what the Fox4 was to the Fox Platform.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Musk is long on promises but short on delivery except more money into his own pocket that is.
That completely depends on the project and how much of it is under his control vs from suppliers.

Energy storage, SpaceX and other non-Tesla related projects are typically on time or early. Most Tesla delays end up being supplier related.

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
As far as I know S650 is on still MY21 or MY22 not too sure. BEV and CD6 on schedule. Thinks could change but I'm pretty sure about it. The frustrating part is the lack of communication. Ford has been mum on product and more about the future of
cities and mobility. It will all be explained this year and next. All these programs started in 2015. Most of the fruits will not be seen for 36-37 months.

http://europe.autonews.com/article/...rd-will-disclose-product-cuts-later-this-year

Last edited:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
As far as I know S650 is on still MY21 or MY22 not too sure. BEV and CD6 on schedule. Thinks could change but I'm pretty sure about it. The frustrating part is the lack of communication. Ford has been mum on product and more about the future of
cities and mobility. It will all be explained this year and next. All these programs started in 2015. Most of the fruits will not be seen for 36-37 months.

http://europe.autonews.com/article/...rd-will-disclose-product-cuts-later-this-year
God, I hate this business plan. Rather than appealing to all customers and having the most safety in one of the most variable industries, they want to put all their eggs in one basket and see what happens. Has Hackett never heard the mantra “you need to spend money to make money”? I really don’t see this ending well for ford, and I really don’t understand if they’re looking into inter-city mobility, why they’re only interested in selling large vehicles. It’s quite counter-intuitive
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.