tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic
can you get both from a dealer when you buy a car from them?I seen a dealer giving over 2100 off in dealer discounts plus 500 from ford, would they also except a person with the x plan discounts?, thanks brothers and sisters-Tony
Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
NO
XPlan is a set price. YOU can get Ford REBATES with XPlan ie XPlan price minus the rebates from Ford.

If a dealer is selling (ignoring rebates) below XPlan then it is not an XPlan price/deal and XPlan does not factor into the equation.

OP
OP
tonyd1

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
NO
XPlan is a set price. YOU can get Ford REBATES with XPlan ie XPlan price minus the rebates from Ford.

If a dealer is selling (ignoring rebates) below XPlan then it is not an XPlan price/deal and XPlan does not factor into the equation.
here's an example-46775,minus 2897 dealer discount-500 ford rebate equals-43378. so I wouldn't be able to get all these discount plus my xplan with all this, correct, thanks

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
here's an example-46775,minus 2897 dealer discount-500 ford rebate equals-43378. so I wouldn't be able to get all these discount plus my xplan with all this, correct, thanks
If you want xplan then you can't get dealer discounts, only Ford rebates which is what the Ford pays the dealer.

OP
OP
tonyd1

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
If you want xplan then you can't get dealer discounts, only Ford rebates which is what the Ford pays the dealer.
Thank you, I just didn't want to get ripped off by all these honest dealers,lol

Sponsored

lightningBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prospective buyer
Net net, I bought mine for 3.2k below sticker...Just as a point of reference. Hopefully I didn't get ripped off.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Net net, I bought mine for 3.2k below sticker...Just as a point of reference. Hopefully I didn't get ripped off.
Well, you need to provide your sticker price...

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

lightningBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prospective buyer
3.2k below sounds about right then, it's actually about the same as xplan price.
Thank god..i am sure dealer has found other ways to screw me, like the resale value of my current car...but hopefully not too badly.

Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Just a quick note: when buying XPlan the dealer (per XPlan rules) is to show you the Ford Invoice for the car--on it will be the XPlan price as set by Ford. No muss, no fuss, it is very clearly stated.

Rebates have NOTHING to do with XPlan. XPlan is the price of the car plus doc fee (capped at $100 by Ford unless capped by state statute for less (CA it is $80)) plus DMV registration fees, and sales tax if appropriate in your state.

NOW if you qualify for rebates from FORD those are then deducted (again some differences by state--some states the rebate comes off the price before taxes and reg fees and in others the rebate is like a down payment and is subtracted from the final post reg/tax total. There are a few thieving dealerships who try to claim you pay XPlan and the dealership gets to keep the Rebates for themselves with no reduction in the total purchase price--that is a big no.

XPlan pricing is set by Ford...and not altered by rebates. Rebates from Ford are like down payment money....they just reduce the debt of the size of the check you write (YOU get those savings, not the dealer).

Last edited:

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
Here's a scenario for you.

When I was looking at my car, the dealer had it listed for $34,875. The MSRP was $43,470. The rebates were only $2500 if I remember correctly, so X-plan plus rebates was still higher than the $34k listed. I told the dealership that I wasn't paying their dealer fee because x-plan doesn't pay the fee. The sales manager informed me that I either take their price and pay the fee or I get x-plan pricing without the fee, but I couldn't use both. The dealer dipped into finances that are unknown to get the car down to the $34,875 price, so I went that route because of the greater savings, even after paying a dealer fee.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Dealer was dead on correct. And you came out ahead!!!

XPlan is just that....XPlan. Once a dealer prices below it...it ain't XPlan and XPlan rules are not part of the equation. You don't get both.
Sponsored