Sponsored

All issues I have so far

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto
2015 Mustang EB Premium PP Auto

1. Steering Wheel Vibration - happened with 3 sets of wheels and tires even road force balanced. Unknown what's causing it and dealer is looking into it.

2. Interior mirror shake at 75-85mph I believe this is driveline vibration related

3. cooling seat - TSB performed. still heating up. May need to buy 3D printed adapter one of the member makes

4. Door latch recall done - Now the window makes squeeking sound going up. Going back to dealer next week to get it fixed

5. Rear trunk is really hard to shut - takes a lot of force to shut it and in turn it causes trunk to rub the bumper, removing paint on both surfaces. dealer adjusted it as much as they could but still very hard to shut. Not sure what we can do from here. :shrug:

Edit:

I forgot to add things that were wrong with the car when I bought it

6. Light Switch Rattle: TSB performed and fixed

7. Undershot foam for driver side seat causing wrinkled leather. Seat foam replaced.

8. Body Panel misalignment. Front Fender was misaligned therefore adjusted.
Sponsored

Last edited:

OrangeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium Competition Orange
2015 Mustang EB Premium PP Auto

1. Steering Wheel Vibration - happened with 3 sets of wheels and tires even road force balanced. Unknown what's causing it and dealer is looking into it.

2. Interior mirror shake at 75-85mph I believe this is driveline vibration related

3. cooling seat - TSB performed. still heating up. May need to buy 3D printed adapter one of the member makes

4. Door latch recall done - Now the window makes squeeking sound going up. Going back to dealer next week to get it fixed

5. Rear trunk is really hard to shut - takes a lot of force to shut it and in turn it causes trunk to rub the bumper, removing paint on both surfaces. dealer adjusted it as much as they could but still very hard to shut. Not sure what we can do from here. :shrug:
For #5, did you try adjusting the trunk bumpers? Turn them clockwise so that they go more inside. If that doesnt work try adjusting the trunk latch. Move it up a bit so this way the rear deck panel doesnt hit the bumper as it shuts.

OP
OP
SYK

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto
For #5, did you try adjusting the trunk bumpers? Turn them clockwise so that they go more inside. If that doesnt work try adjusting the trunk latch. Move it up a bit so this way the rear deck panel doesnt hit the bumper as it shuts.
Dealer adjusted the latch as high as it goes. I will try the trunk bumper to see if that does the trick. Thanks for the input. appreciate it! :cheers:

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT
#4 happened to me bringing it back tuesday and its definitely dragging on both windows.
they also didn't align my drivers-side door panel correctly at all I hope there's no permanent damage or broken clips. it vibrates and shakes now and the handle doesn't even like its attached to the actual door. last time I go in for an unnecessary recall..

OP
OP
SYK

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto
#4 happened to me bringing it back tuesday and its definitely dragging on both windows.
they also didn't align my drivers-side door panel correctly at all I hope there's no permanent damage or broken clips. it vibrates and shakes now and the handle doesn't even like its attached to the actual door. last time I go in for an unnecessary recall..
How does your door latch feel? Mine feels like when I pull on it, 90 percent of motion brings nothing then the last 10% makes a click and door opens. I am still getting used to the feeling but I am not sure if it is suppose to feel like that. older latch felt more like linear engagement of the latch mechanism but this new one seems like last 10% of door handle pull is the only portion that actually does work.

Sponsored

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible Performance Pack
How does your door latch feel? Mine feels like when I pull on it, 90 percent of motion brings nothing then the last 10% makes a click and door opens. I am still getting used to the feeling but I am not sure if it is suppose to feel like that. older latch felt more like linear engagement of the latch mechanism but this new one seems like last 10% of door handle pull is the only portion that actually does work.
I have a 2017 and that is how mine feels as well.

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT
ill have to check when I go outside for lunch. will report back

OP
OP
SYK

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto
YUP. trunk bumpstops were poking out too much resulting in trunk having to be shut super hard to compress them till latch can hook on. screwed them in and now my trunk shuts so easily

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
When they did my latches the window squeaked as they did not put the panels back on all the way. You could pull them several inches away from the door. Was a bad job on their end. Also scratched the panels as well and the passenger gained a new rattle. Not taking back again....

OrangeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium Competition Orange
YUP. trunk bumpstops were poking out too much resulting in trunk having to be shut super hard to compress them till latch can hook on. screwed them in and now my trunk shuts so easily
Glad it helped you :cheers:

Reactions: SYK

Sponsored
OP
OP
SYK

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto
When they did my latches the window squeaked as they did not put the panels back on all the way. You could pull them several inches away from the door. Was a bad job on their end. Also scratched the panels as well and the passenger gained a new rattle. Not taking back again....
My Passenger panel look like it lost a clip or two. It has way more play and some of it isnt fastened to the door anymore.. time to ask for new door panel LOL.. but seriously when they touch it it seem to degrade further and further.:ford:

OP
OP
SYK

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto
Update:

1. Dealership agreed to replace the door panel since they broke the clip on it. They are going to repaint the bumper and trunk hopefully to get the paint fixed from trunk making hard contact.
2. They are going to replace the TSB performed seat coolers
3. They are sending my driveshaft for balance check.

Will keep you updated!

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals

6. Light Switch Rattle: TSB performed and fixed

There is a TSB for this? Good to know, as I also have this. (Somehow the rattle has become better over time. But still, nice to see a TSB on it.)

OrangeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Update:

1. Dealership agreed to replace the door panel since they broke the clip on it. They are going to repaint the bumper and trunk hopefully to get the paint fixed from trunk making hard contact.
2. They are going to replace the TSB performed seat coolers
3. They are sending my driveshaft for balance check.

Will keep you updated!
Hey SYK- Did you ever get word back on the driveshaft? I have really significant vibration in mine (as well as several of the other issues you outlined). I'm taking the car into the dealer in a few weeks to get some of this addressed.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
I had a frustrating steering wheel vibration on my Genesis coupe that was similar. I had to go to a different dealership to have it remedied because the original dealership had a bad calibration on their balance machine so they unbalanced all my tires the first time. The second and third time they replaced 2 tires but since the machine calibration was off, or they couldn't run the machine properly, it didn't resolve the problem. I took it t ok a different dealership who identified the bad balance job and resolved the problem.

Take it to a professional tire shop and have them check.the tires.
Sponsored