Introducing Signature Wheels to the GT350 Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

PositiveGMotorworks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'm excited to make my first post as the owner of Positive G Motorworks. What is this company all about you may ask. You see ever since I can remember, my passion has been entrenched in automotive and aviation things. Becoming a pilot is still a few years out, but I've been buying, modifying cars, and selling them for years.

I've been on this forum for about a year, ever since I purchased my GT350. You may have seen some of my posts under [MENTION=17998]AMpowerJ[/MENTION] That username was a carryover from my years on the BMW forums as you probably could guess.

Anyway, back to my passions ... my day job is in IT sales but I've dreamed of doing something closely related to my interests so I'm starting Positive G Motorworks and the first thing I've done, is partner with Signature Wheel to bring the Mustang community an affordable, but excellent forged wheel in terms of quality and design.

The mission of Signature Wheel and Positive G Motorworks is to provide a product that meets or exceeds all the key components of the leading forged wheel companies, while being affordable to people like you and me that don't want to spend 10% or more of the value of your car on wheels.

Signature Wheel was started by enthusiasts that wanted to offer a custom forged wheel to the general public. At this point, the brand is growing rapidly with offerings for Porsche, BMW, Audi, Lamborghini, Mercedes, Nissan, Corvette, and now Ford's GT350.

I purchased my own set of Signature SV104 wheels in GT350R specs. I wanted to experience a purchase as a customer, before I made the decision to sell these to you guys. The experience has been nothing but positive (pardon the pun).

Here are the highlights of the wheels and what we offer:

- 4 monoblock designs currently with more coming
- 6 two-piece designs currently with more coming
- Sizes ranging from 17-22" with custom offsets (both 5 and 6 lug offerings)
- 100% custom and typically delivered within 5 weeks of ordering
- Forged T6061 Aluminum CNC Machined
- OEM TPMS and lug hardware compatible
- Concavity varies based on the car and your desire (mild, medium, deep)
- Free Shipping to anywhere in the US
- Any finish on the website is available; no up charge
- Anti-slip knurling for track wheels to keep the tire from slipping on the wheel

http://www.signaturewheel.com

As I mentioned, I decided to go with the SV104. Here it is right out of the box (check out the anti-slip knurling on the top and bottom of the barrel):

i-FfvBRtJ-XL.jpg

It represents probably what is Signature's lightest wheel so far. Take a look ... these are pictures I took when I weighed them in my garage with my certified postage scale.

i-8WcsRBR-XL.jpg

i-KbMHTVt-XL.jpg

20.5 lbs!!! for a 19x11.5 et55 wheel. The front weighs a pound more due to the extra material required on the hub to get the proper offset. Still 21.5 lbs for a 19x11 is excellent.

With JWL and VIA certificate of Accreditation on Dynamic cornering fatigue test equipment, Dynamic radial fatigue test equipment, Impact test equipment and certified stamp on the back of every wheel made, you can be confident using these on the street or the track.

So how do they look on the GT350 ... you be the judge.

DSC_6889-Edit-XL.jpg

DSC_6863-Edit-XL.jpg

DSC_6853-Edit-XL.jpg

DSC_6848-Edit-XL.jpg

DSC_6906-Edit-XL.jpg

DSC_6855-Edit-XL.jpg

So if you are still reading this, and you are interested in potentially joining the Signature Wheel family, I'm sure you are wondering about cost. Per the forum rules, I can't post anything about pricing or ordering in this thread/forum, but I will put a link to another thread in the classified section later. Planning on a group buy out of the gates if there is enough interest. If you can't wait for that pricing thread, send me a PM or send me an email to [email protected]

Let me just say I think you will be very happy with how affordable these are. I tried to put as many details as I could but I'm sure I missed something so please ask any questions you have. I look forward to answering them and offering these to the community.

Thanks for looking ... Ashley (AMPowerJ)

*Thread Link to Pricing/Ordering details*

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1650532#post1650532
Sponsored

Last edited:

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I like the look. I'd prefer the SV101 I think though.

Interest dependent on price though, naturally.

keith58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 RR Convenience
They look great! I'd be interested in brushed or silver I think. Lighten things up - in a few ways. I know there's a thread around but what does the standard GT350 wheel weigh again?

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
good knowing they fit GT350! I prefer SV103 in silver

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
Nice looking wheels. I met you at the Track Tour in Dawsonville in July. Good luck with the venture. If I decide to change wheels these would look great.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
They look great. It would be nice to know up front pricing instead of playing the "PM me the price" game.

So how much for each size and type?

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Good looking options. Thanks for getting this done for the 350 crowd. I can see buying a set for the track next summer depending on costs

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Good looking options. Thanks for getting this done for the 350 crowd. I can see buying a set for the track next summer depending on costs
I have seen the work you put into your car. You do not want to track it.

I did a 3 day Daytona HPDE and wrapped the car in road wrap. The debris got past the wrap and put little nicks in the paint. Your car is beautiful. I wouldn't track that knowing what I know now.

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
They look great. It would be nice to know up front pricing instead of playing the "PM me the price" game.

So how much for each size and type?
I'll provide that in the classified section. I just can't provide that in this thread based on forum rules.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PositiveGMotorworks

PositiveGMotorworks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350

K code

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT K Code Convertable / 2017 GT350
How about making us a reasonably priced spare?
I'm sure there would be lots of interest...

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
oh, how much clearance between the brembo caliper and the wheel? The 6GR wheels are pretty tight
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.