Austind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium - PP Lightening Blue
Hello team,
I've seen on this forum, a little chatter about major repairs, and the mileage you had them, but would kind of like to see a list of problems and at what point they surfaced. I know there isn't much science behind a list like this, but it might tell you in general if you are over the break in period on a particular part. For example if most transmission problems occur between 2000 to 10,000 miles, it might be comforting to know as we pass that number. Or those with no problems and their current mileage.

I am currently at 6500 (17 GT PP) and have seen absolutely no issues. (knock on wood) (I even hated to type that out!)
Sponsored

Jdrid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT
About 8500 or so my AC completely stopped working. They couldn't find any leaks but I had no Freon left. Most likely due to evaporator issues. They refilled the Freon and since then it's been working like normal for about 6 months, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm hoping for a TSB or a recall or something about the AC before my 3 years are up.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I have a premonition about a future repair. I figure at about 10000 miles my tires will be beyond repair and need replacement.

ovaldez562

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
A few months ago, had to take the car in for repair. Engine stalled while driving due to a faulty throttle body, at the time car had about 4k miles on it. After researching this problem and talking to the ford mechanic, this issue is "common" with the V6 engines.

Sponsored

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
8600 and no repairs....knock, knock!

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
A few months ago, had to take the car in for repair. Engine stalled while driving due to a faulty throttle body, at the time car had about 4k miles on it. After researching this problem and talking to the ford mechanic, this issue is "common" with the V6 engines.
This has been recalled, search 16B32

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
I had an AC stopped working and it was covered under warranty. It was 20k miles I think. It was a 2015 GT.

Sponsored

Calhoun

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Race Red
24,000 +/- on it right now. Only in the shop twice for very minor problems. Turn signal was erratic and a gas cap/cover that would not latch.

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
At 35,550 miles and 9 months of ownership I took it in for a few things that where giving me problems. Bought it used with 13K miles and these items were failing since I picked it up. Just never had time to take it in.

drivers side door sill was replaced ( stopped changing colors )
passenger side pony projector image was distorted
rear view camera was randomly failing

Other than that no major issues, knock on wood.
Also no BS from dealer for moding my car. They actually said it looked and sounded nice!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
32,000 miles. Within the first 100 miles after driving it off the lot a year ago I got a CEL. I could feel that nothing was wrong with the car so I kept driving it for a bit. The CEL would sporadically pop up and then disappear. At first they thought it was an O2 sensor that needed replacing, so they did that. But after that replacement the CEL would still pop up.

Eventually they figured it out. One of the wiring harnesses was creating a pinch in the wires that was throwing the CEL. They had to replace the harness and since then no issues at all.

My last Mustang got to 99K with absolutely no issues. I only got rid of it to maximize the value I could get for it.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
133 miles: the rear window leaked and the hood vents were white.
200 miles: the rear window still leaked.
8,000 miles: the exhaust was too quiet.
9,000 miles: the horn kept honking when I walked away with the engine running.
12,000 miles: the exhaust was still too quiet.
16,000 miles: the rear passenger side tire was bald.
17,000 miles: the throttle body is too small while the intake air is too warm... oh, and those pesky 5.0 badges are still chrome.

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
First Month:
>Panel alignment
>passenger seat leather loose
>Rear window replaced (glass distorted)

After that I was good up until recently; brakes started squealing like banshees at 10K miles. They put some stop squeal on it, now a little quieter but still squeals front right. TSB only covers Non Brembo cars. Actually contemplating trading the car now. Brake squeal is a minor issue, it's just principle.
Sponsored