Sponsored

BMR's "CB005" S550 IRS Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit - PICS & INFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinder67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
You guys are absolutely right. I’ve never seen a thread or post about poorly made or poorly fitting parts anywhere on this forum. The fact that BMR got back to me on a Saturday night is impressive to say the least. I got the arms fixed and looking forward to seeing the results of the kit.
I bought my 17GT as an early retirement gift and so far I’m not real impressed with this “high performance car”. Wheel hop is terrible.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You guys are absolutely right. I’ve never seen a thread or post about poorly made or poorly fitting parts anywhere on this forum. The fact that BMR got back to me on a Saturday night is impressive to say the least. I got the arms fixed and looking forward to seeing the results of the kit.
I bought my 17GT as an early retirement gift and so far I’m not real impressed with this “high performance car”. Wheel hop is terrible.
Add the BK055 and it'll be all but gone, and the handling will feel quite significantly improved.

Some of that is also the Pirellis. They hop much worse than most tires you can put on this car.

Grinder67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Thanks for the info. It’s kind of sad that you have to throw hundreds and hundreds of dollars at these cars to make them perform properly. It’s not a 4 door granny car. Love the motor, looks, sound, hate the 6M trans, shifter plus lots of little creaks and odd interior noises. My 10yr old 160K jap car I traded for the Mustang had less rattles.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info. It’s kind of sad that you have to throw hundreds and hundreds of dollars at these cars to make them perform properly. It’s not a 4 door granny car. Love the motor, looks, sound, hate the 6M trans, shifter plus lots of little creaks and odd interior noises. My 10yr old 160K jap car I traded for the Mustang had less rattles.
Yes, unfortunately FRAP (assembly plant where it's built) isn't known for the highest quality, especially compared with my experiences at Dearborn Truck Plant and KC Assembly Plant.

As for the shifter/trans: MGW shifter and BG Syncroshift II will cure all that. It is just awesome and so precise after those two things. I know it sucks to have to throw money at your new car, but modifying Mustangs is part of the fun of owning one. The choices are far and wide, you can do almost anything you like, and overall the parts are cheap compared to similar performance cars.

Grinder67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I did do the BG fluid and that helped some. The trans is just noisy in 1-4 when hot, shift into 5 and it goes away. Not as noticible in the cold weather but it seems the hotter it gets the noisier it gets. No money in the budget for a new shifter now, maybe later.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Glad to see you improvised and made it work out.

Make sure the next time you need a BMR component, refer me to this thread so i can remember to give you a deal for the inconvenience.

Enjoy!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I did do the BG fluid and that helped some. The trans is just noisy in 1-4 when hot, shift into 5 and it goes away. Not as noticible in the cold weather but it seems the hotter it gets the noisier it gets. No money in the budget for a new shifter now, maybe later.
Hmm that is odd. I've driven about 6 or 7 manual S550s and none of them had noisy transmissions. You may think about having it looked at. Mine has nearly 52k miles on it and the trans itself is quiet. I do have some axle whine in 6th and very light throttle on the highway, and that's been there for about 2-3 months. I believe that will be addressed changing diff fluid.

Grinder67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Cradle kit installed

I just got my CB005 kit installed tonight. The install was easy, everything lined right up, bolts when in good and took me about 1 1/2hrs. I could feel a difference just backing out of the driveway, felt more solid and a test drive confirmed that.
I know there are many other factors that contribute to wheel hop but this kit is suppose to help. I found the hop to be worse than before. I have the oem Pirelli Nero all season tires which others have said contribute but I tried a little burnout on the same road, same place as before the kit was installed and the hop was much worse.
The kit is probably worth keeping for the better feel and no added NVH but for me no help with the hop.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I just got my CB005 kit installed tonight. The install was easy, everything lined right up, bolts when in good and took me about 1 1/2hrs. I could feel a difference just backing out of the driveway, felt more solid and a test drive confirmed that.
I know there are many other factors that contribute to wheel hop but this kit is suppose to help. I found the hop to be worse than before. I have the oem Pirelli Nero all season tires which others have said contribute but I tried a little burnout on the same road, same place as before the kit was installed and the hop was much worse.
The kit is probably worth keeping for the better feel and no added NVH but for me no help with the hop.
Interesting. When I had those tires it made it better. Pirellis have terrible hop no matter what though.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I have the oem Pirelli Nero all season tires which others have said contribute but I tried a little burnout on the same road, same place as before the kit was installed and the hop was much worse.
Was the air/road temps for each burnout about the same?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
No,colder now. I thought about that too. Does that make a huge difference? Sorry for the dumb questions, first car with hop this bad.
It could. I know you have all weather so don't know if the hardness changes as much with temperature as the summer only do. Those turn into hocky pucks in cold weather so would hop more than when warm. I suspect the same applies to any tire but don't know what temperature your tires get noticably harder but would expect all weather to be more forgiving.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
No,colder now. I thought about that too. Does that make a huge difference? Sorry for the dumb questions, first car with hop this bad.
Yes, it definitely makes a difference. Hop is much worse in the cold.

Grinder67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Thanks for the replies, makes me feel better. i’ll Have to wait months now to find out if the kit actually makes a difference, winter in Wisconsin!!

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Stop the Hop BMR torque arms

My hop was greatly reduced and I am at 1.5 neg camber for twisty's
IMG_20171201_150913_895.jpg
Sponsored