Sponsored

Barton gt350 shifter

FordLifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
I saw that Barton has released a new shifter for the gt350. I was hoping one of you members might be a guinea pig and install one and give us your review. Better yet, someone who has a MGW shifter already, and is willing to get the Barton and do a comparison. Any takers?
Sponsored

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I saw that Barton has released a new shifter for the gt350. I was hoping one of you members might be a guinea pig and install one and give us your review. Better yet, someone who has a MGW shifter already, and is willing to get the Barton and do a comparison. Any takers?
Sure. What’s your cc#

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Kinda asking for a lot in a first post Fordlifer...
He must have heard we're a nice group of guys.

Looking over their shifters, the Mustang GT shifter looks like a nice design, especially with the ability to swap cartridges for different throw lengths. Their GT350 shifter however looks to be the same design as the factory shifter but instead made out of cnc'd steel and aluminum. I'm wondering if they did that because they didn't want to try to redesign the whole pivot point the way MGW did.

JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
He must have heard we're a nice group of guys.

Looking over their shifters, the Mustang GT shifter looks like a nice design, especially with the ability to swap cartridges for different throw lengths. Their GT350 shifter however looks to be the same design as the factory shifter but instead made out of cnc'd steel and aluminum. I'm wondering if they did that because they didn't want to try to redesign the whole pivot point the way MGW did.
Do you have a link to the Barton shifter? I cant find it on their web site

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
OP
OP

FordLifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
You are right, I am asking a lot. Unfortunately for me I get some great feedback for upgrades from you guys. I read about all your installs and pitfalls and then decide if I am going to do it. I figured sooner or later somebody would be installing the new Barton shifter, and after reading about some of the issues with vibration from some members on the MGW, I was hoping somebody would have installed a Barton by now and share how they like it. I may be new to posting, but I have been reading this forum for many years. I have tracked my car twice now at the Ridge in Washington, and my biggest issue is with the shifter.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
You are right, I am asking a lot. Unfortunately for me I get some great feedback for upgrades from you guys. I read about all your installs and pitfalls and then decide if I am going to do it. I figured sooner or later somebody would be installing the new Barton shifter, and after reading about some of the issues with vibration from some members on the MGW, I was hoping somebody would have installed a Barton by now and share how they like it. I may be new to posting, but I have been reading this forum for many years. I have tracked my car twice now at the Ridge in Washington, and my biggest issue is with the shifter.
FWIW, I've had zero vibration issues with my MGW.

Sponsored

Crashspeeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 - Tech
Last edited:

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
What is your issue specifically ? Got it that almost any oem shifter can be improved, but the GT350 shifter is decent enough for most that almost all keep it stock....so ?

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
While I do not have a aftermarket shifter I am quiet happy with the stock shifter.
If I was in the market for a shifter though I would choose the MGW since it is extremely well designed and MGW offers great support! My only issue with MGW is that I like the stock reverse lockout and not the push down feature of the MGW thats why I never purchased it.

The barton like what others have said seems to be a more robust billet stock shifter with a different pivot point and shorter handle similar to the ford performance drop in unit. I think it will be somewhat stiff to shift especially when the temps are cold and trans fluid is cold.

I am sure its a improvement but I would be very concerned about vibrations and buzzing with this unit. But who knows it may be a awesome unit as well hopefully someone gives it a try.
Sponsored