Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
*for those interested in a new intake pipe*

The company Airaid who makes Modular Intake Tubes for the 4 and 8 cylinder stangs has an area on their website where you can suggest new products for them. After talking with a customer service rep on the phone he said they are getting a lot of inquires about the V6 mustang M.I.T. that hooks up to the stock airbox. It also comes with metal vacuum and PCV connections just like stock. if anyone is interested in this I would go on their website and fill out the "Recommend a new product for your vehicle & we will notify you when it is released!" information page and submit it. This could be a cool addition to the GT throttle body!
Sponsored

Last edited:

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I purchased the eBay Black tube with the pvc adapter kit i posted earlier and already have the 4'' to 3.5'' couplers now just waiting on the tube, hoping it all fits. will update once installed. should be here by monday. made $30 offer and they accepted, not sure what that says about the quality guess I will know soon enough.
So you purchased the 3.5" diameter tube, not a 4" ? That makes sense to me, if the GT TB is 3.5" itself, then a 4" tube seems like overkill.

Keep me posted on how it goes!:cheers:

Bbrillon998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 (Ruby Red)
So can anyone give me the run down on both options? What do I need and what are the problems being faced with getting the 14 tb and the 15tb
Its been said before here, the 15tb will not work. Dont buy one to do this mod.

Rika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 v6 auto
So, with the 14gt tb and shapeway adapter, i wouldnt need to cut the fins in the manifold?
or do i still need to cut it and file it?
Rika

Sponsored

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
So, with the 14gt tb and shapeway adapter, i wouldnt need to cut the fins in the manifold?
or do i still need to cut it and file it?
Rika
The fins still need to be removed, yes.

WhyNot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang V6 6-speed
Yeah i am also thinking the 3.5 will suffice. I will keep you posted soldier

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
This happens on my manual V6 (stock) as well. Basically, whenever I ABRUPTLY let gas off at high rpm (say 4k or above), the a/f ratio will drop from 14 to a very low level (don't remember the exact number thou) for a split second before going up to higher level if your right foot is kept off the gas pedal.

I don't know the reason, but I'd like to think that this is because that the fuel is not cut off as soon as the air is cut off. Maybe a tune can cure this? Or maybe it is safer this way, compared with the other way around (i.e., the fuel is cut off sooner than the air is cut off)?
Update: On my way home today, I made a point to observe my A/F ratio closely. One thing is that the lowest label on the A/F meter is 10. Another is that for my typical driving, the lowest reading my car reached during my not-so-aggressive driving today was about 12. My 2016 V6 manual is stock BTW, if this matters.

WhyNot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang V6 6-speed

here is the photo of the black tube set up I purchased from eBay with stock pvc hook ups... surprisingly enough the tube is the exact size as our stock tube set up except it is 3.5'' in diameter. I ended up using the rubber connection that goes to the stock air box. I also ended up drilling on the coupler bc i didn't feel comfortable drilling thru the aluminum w.o ruining it.

Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
So it sounds like it work out well? The pic is broken :-(

WhyNot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang V6 6-speed
Try control+click open in new window, seems to work that way for me atleast, if it doesn't work pm me ur email and i can send it to you if you would like.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium

^ Maybe this will work.

So the tube is just right, length wise, it looks like. The coupler on the TB looks bigger than the pipe, is that right? Should I go for the 4" instead of the 3.5" ? I also read bad things in the reviews about trying to drill out holes for the PCV connectors. I'll probably just delete the tubes.

What kind of spacer is that?

WhyNot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang V6 6-speed
the coupler on the TB is 4-3.5 step down. the cone filter came with a rubber sleeve that i removed and fits perfectly over the TB Lip and the 4'' coupler slides snuggly over it. the Spacer is an air raid spacer for the 3.7 bored to 80mm to match the GT TB. I decided to drill the holes on the rubber couplers to connect the pvc hoses for that reason alone, I didn't see how i would make an accurate enough hole on the aluminum tube. the pvc adapters seem to do the trick and connects real snug with no visible issues. I also added a 3.5'' coupler about 1.5'' in length to seal the rubber hose connector that attaches to the airbox and aluminum tube.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
So you took the rubber sleeve off the cone filter, and put it on the TB so you could increase its diameter and use the 4" to 3.5" coupler? I just want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly, cause I'm about to make my purchases.

So I'm looking at buying this pipe and 2 couplers that are straight 3.5", one for each end. That should bolt up perfectly then. Thanks for the info!
Sponsored