Sponsored

SCT tuner w/Bama software

Rika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 v6 auto
Hi All,
need help here. I'm noob to these computer stuff and need your help. Ordered AM SCT tuner w/BAMA tunes and don't know where to start with. There are no instruction. Went to SCT website to download updates but nothing loads(maybe don't need one?). So, do I just plug the thing in and download the tune? There are two tunes, do I load both tunes? how am I to switch from one tune to the next? If any expert can chime in and direct me on the right path, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks and have a wonderful Christmas.

Rika
Sponsored

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
Hi All,
need help here. I'm noob to these computer stuff and need your help. Ordered AM SCT tuner w/BAMA tunes and don't know where to start with. There are no instruction. Went to SCT website to download updates but nothing loads(maybe don't need one?). So, do I just plug the thing in and download the tune? There are two tunes, do I load both tunes? how am I to switch from one tune to the next? If any expert can chime in and direct me on the right path, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks and have a wonderful Christmas.

Rika
1. you need to plug the tuner into the ECU plug on the left side of your steering wheel under the dash, then your see the instructions.

2. follow the instructions, it will probably tell you to down load your stock progam.

3. then upload which ever tune you like, check the menu to see if you want to adjust it for any settings (ie) if your a auto tranny the shifting firmness, RPM range idel to redline.

4. I don't think you can download or update any thing off SCT site because your tuner is from BAMA not SCT direct. BAMA can e-mail you any changes you want just contact there customer serivce.

OP
OP

Rika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 v6 auto
Thanks USMC V6!!
So, that means that I can download only one tune at a time? They supposedly gave me two tunes, one 87 and one 91. If I were to switch and try the other one, I would need to hook it up again and download the other one?

Thanks in advance.
Rika

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
The SCT can hold up to 10 tunes (I think it was 10) so all you need to do is download it. I don't know how other people do it but I'd return to stock then load another tune.

OP
OP

Rika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 v6 auto
Thanks Fuse,
Sorry but still confused, there was two tunes in the tuner, I just loaded the 87 tune and test drove it, it wasn't what I was expecting but that's another story, so, if I wanted to load the 91, do I go back and uninstall the 87 and load the 91? How do I go back to stock?
How can I load both at one time? if this was the case, how would the car know which tune to use? Sorry I'm new to this stuff.

Rika

Sponsored

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Thanks Fuse,
Sorry but still confused, there was two tunes in the tuner, I just loaded the 87 tune and test drove it, it wasn't what I was expecting but that's another story, so, if I wanted to load the 91, do I go back and uninstall the 87 and load the 91? How do I go back to stock?
How can I load both at one time? if this was the case, how would the car know which tune to use? Sorry I'm new to this stuff.

Rika
I don't have a tune. But my guess (from reading here) is that (with SCT at least) the car itself can store only 1 program/tune at any given moment, even though the tuner can store several tunes. If you want to switch from the 87 tune to 91 tune, you have to uninstall the 87 tune, install the stock tune (recommended), and then install the 91 tune. Once again, just my speculation.

OP
OP

Rika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 v6 auto
Thanks all for your reply.
Have a wonderful holidays!
Rika
Sponsored