Sponsored

DIY - Lifting Gas Pedal w/ Spacers for Heel-Toe, <$5

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
By "just ordered" I meant at about 9 this morning. :D

I got a shipping confirmation, so there's that. I also ordered one of the trunk latch things, but that didn't ship yet so idk but I did get a shipping confirmation on the spacers. :shrug:
Damn, you probably did get one of the last ones haha

Guess I'll have to settle for my 3/8" high Lowe's nylon washers.
Sponsored

OySmallFry@SCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SpaceCitySpyLLC
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Damn, you probably did get one of the last ones haha

Guess I'll have to settle for my 3/8" high Lowe's nylon washers.
Nope! Just a slight "sold out" window between when I ran out of sets here at the house and when Amazon received the big batch. There should be plenty for anyone (at spacecityspy.com) that wants a tailored fit.

OySmallFry@SCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SpaceCitySpyLLC
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Also, at least when I was installing the spacers, I did not have to unplug the connector. Just saying, in case anyone has difficulty unplugging it.
Great point. :thumbsup:
You don't technically have to disconnect the connector. I just don't like things dangling by electrical wires.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm fairly certain the 1/2" thick spacer would put the pedal too high for actual track heel-toe downshifts. You hit the pedal MUCH harder on the track than at any time on the street except panic stops. I'm going to try 1/4" thick spacers first.

Thanks McMaster:
https://www.mcmaster.com/#92842A600

OP
OP

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
I'm fairly certain the 1/2" thick spacer would put the pedal too high for actual track heel-toe downshifts. You hit the pedal MUCH harder on the track than at any time on the street except panic stops. I'm going to try 1/4" thick spacers first.

Thanks McMaster:
https://www.mcmaster.com/#92842A600
Sure. For daily traffic, 1/2 inch spacers could be about right (for me at least). For track where heavy braking is the norm, thinner or no spacer would be more appropriate. Experiment with spacers of various thickness, until you find the right thickness that is right for your driving style.

Sponsored

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
I did this, and it worked well. I did invent my own set up if you will to get the 1/4" hole.

I bought 1" OD x .50" ID x 3/8 tall spacers and paired that with .50" OD x .250" ID x 1" tall spacers. I stuck the .50" OD spacer in the 1"OD spacer and ground down to 3/8" length. Easy peasy. Fits tightly and doesn't move around like the 3/8" ID spacer does :)

OySmallFry@SCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SpaceCitySpyLLC
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Hey guys, I realize this thread hasn't seen any action in a minute, but for those that run across this-
If any forum members are still looking to even up their pedals a bit, I have tons of spacers here in my workshop. If you want a turnkey solution, I'm happy to provide. Use the discount code M6G to bring the price to just under $8 (50% off), shipping included anywhere in the US. It was a fun little project, doing a little design work with nylon.

I run these daily and it's a breeze to bridge that now-smaller gap and blip the throttle for a heel-toe downshift.

wrh3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Hey guys, I realize this thread hasn't seen any action in a minute, but for those that run across this-
If any forum members are still looking to even up their pedals a bit, I have tons of spacers here in my workshop. If you want a turnkey solution, I'm happy to provide. Use the discount code M6G to bring the price to just under $8 (50% off), shipping included anywhere in the US. It was a fun little project, doing a little design work with nylon.

I run these daily and it's a breeze to bridge that now-smaller gap and blip the throttle for a heel-toe downshift.
Thanks Oy- received mine today :)

:clap2:

OySmallFry@SCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SpaceCitySpyLLC
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
when could we expect a restock?
You guys ran through them quick! Sent a bunch of orders out, now all out. I can get a new batch made asap.

Do you guys want anything different? Feedback? New colors? Anything you'd like changed?

I'll look into it now, I'll get back to you with an ETA.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Glad to see that you are all enjoying this. Two years after installing mine, everything is solid and I have been enjoying the pleasure of heel-toe.

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome mod OP! I'd definitely like to order a set when you get a new batch in SCS.

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
$4 for a 1 ft stick of 7/8” Delrin rod stock from Grainger. Cut a couple slices to whatever thickness you want, drill a couple holes, and have enough left over for 8 or 10 more sets.

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
I was not familiar with Grainger, found the website. was curious since in white it is $4 but in brown it is $22, assume it is a different material, know nothing about the "acetal" material, do you know that it will be durable enough ? of course the only stress is the initial compression of the bolt tightening. Thank you for bringing this to everyone's attention.
Sponsored