Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
If you look through this forum there are a few common problems with the s550.
The new spec of the '18 does, on paper at least, address many of these issues.
If the lowered hood avoids the oft moaned about hood shake that would be a good thing. The stock GT tyres are generally disliked in the UK, these are to be replaced. Ford have tried to address the suspension hop and wallow with extra and revised suspension parts. There appears to be lots of little mods that might correct current faults in the s550.

In my opinion Ford are to applauded for trying to solve the problems of the old s550 in mid cycle with just 3 years to go before the s650.

Along with the new faster engine and the new faster gearbox the '18 will hopefully be a very good car indeed.
Agree whole heartedly :thumbsup:
Sponsored

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
To be honest the only change I like on the 18MY is the digital cluster gauges.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Regarding the suspension and the tires: aren't we all replacing it anyway? YTires, wheels, suspension, exhaust, intake - we all just mod those parts off anyway ;)
So the current car sucks and everything needs replacing to make it good?

No, not everyone does that, only a very few "enthusiasts" that can't leave things alone.
Good for ford for improving many of the faults of the current car.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

Sponsored

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
So the current car sucks and everything needs replacing to make it good?

No, not everyone does that, only a very few "enthusiasts" that can't leave things alone.
Good for ford for improving many of the faults of the current car.
Everything? Lol, ok.

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
I looked at the cars up close at Carlisle. I really still didn't like the way it looked in orange. The red one was considerably more appealing to me. I expect that I would quite like it in Lightning Blue, or if it ever came in Dark Highland Green...

One thing I did notice was the alignment of the hood to the fenders all along both sides was pretty horrific. The orange one had the hood several mm lower that the mating fender line on the right, only slightly low on the left. The red car was more consistent side to side, but low. The fact that the fender line is a sort of ridge highlighted the gap. I get that these are early built cars, probably TT level, and Job1 isn't for four months or so. Hopefully, these things will be improved by then.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
The lines on the 18 hood are atrocious. The upside down bell that sweeps to the door looks so tacked on/shoehorned in. It seriously looks like the engineers decided they needed the vents where they are and said screw it and drew the curve to go to the door just to be done. The bird's eye view shows it for how it is...and it isn't pretty. And the vents...egad. I don't mind the lights although the fins behind the main bulbs look strange. Looks like a Transformer...which is not a compliment in this case. I am ok with the fog light delete for the larger wheel vents. They should have just changed the fog light area.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
The hyperbole on both sides of the 18 looks discussion is remarkable. The 18 is not going to make the 17 look out of date. The 18 does not look like a pile of vomit.

Above all else, the 18 looks like....a 17. And above all else the 17 looks like...an 18. Yea, there is a little bit here and there that is different, and yea if I was in charge there would have been a thing or two I would have done differently. But overall, if you "hate" the 18 you must not like the 15-17 very much. Go buy a Camaro.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
That must be the reason why all the technical subforums are so devoid of threads then
Even if you took all the forum members (active or not, making modifications or not) on all the mustang forums, the numbers would likely amount to 'relatively few' in comparison to the number of mustangs sold.

When you refine that and look at only people changing tires/suspension, the numbers are likely infinitesimal compared to the number of mustangs sold.

Sponsored

moubayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Well in Germany I do believe that an unmodded Mustang is a rare sight, might of course be different in the US. I realise I sounded a bit aggressive in my last answer, that wasn't my intention, sorry about that. Of course I'm all for the evolution of the mustang breed, my current Mustang won't be my last for sure:thumbsup:
until then, im content with my current one, and honestly, even though the new one doesn't appeal to me, I still think its way better looking than most other cars

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Many thanks to [MENTION]y5eo6[/MENTION] who captured these '18s which are on a photoshoot in Austin, Texas

Also posted in the Photos/videos/Photoshop section, but I thought worth adding here as we've had a few photos of these particular cars posted in this thread already :)

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1889625#post1889625

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The hyperbole on both sides of the 18 looks discussion is remarkable. The 18 is not going to make the 17 look out of date. The 18 does look like a pile of vomit.

But overall, if you "hate" the 18 you must not like the 15-17 very much. Go buy a S197 which is a real Mustang.
Very true,Ford is really messing up what used to be an AMERICAN ICON the Mustang.

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
I think this is the first time to see the 7400 rpm in the analog gauge.
Screen Shot 2017-06-11 at 1.16.28 AM copy.jpg
Sponsored