GT350R - Magna-ride Suspension Calibration on NEW DELIVERY? -- Out of Province

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I watched a video on youtube from Town & Country Ford and they talked about Magna-ride suspension and how it needs to be calibrated by the receiving dealership. There's also these plastic blocks that they put in the magna-ride suspension cars ...I think the blocks go in the control arms.

He shows you in this video:
[ame]

I am getting this delivered to an out of province dealership (in Saskatchewan) but then I'll have it ship to my city (Toronto, Ontario -- 2700km away or 1700mi).

Now question is should these blocks be removed and Magna-ride calibrated in Saskatchewan or should the blocks be left in and the receiving dealership in Toronto do this setup?

Rob
Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
They're there for shipping purposes so, let the receiving dealership remove them. Recalibration should only be necessary if you receive an error message.

OP
OP
CanadianHorseMan

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Ah, so shipping from Saskatchewan to Ontario shouldn't cause a problem and a need for recalibration?

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
have them leave the spacers in, gives the car extra ride hieght so its going to be easier to ship. Your local dealer can pull them in a couple of minutes.

Sponsored

AshelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350R, 2008 911 Turbo, 2009 E63 AMG, M3
I watched a video on youtube from Town & Country Ford and they talked about Magna-ride suspension and how it needs to be calibrated by the receiving dealership. There's also these plastic blocks that they put in the magna-ride suspension cars ...I think the blocks go in the control arms.

I am getting this delivered to an out of province dealership (in Saskatchewan) but then I'll have it ship to my city (Toronto, Ontario -- 2700km away or 1700mi).

Now question is should these blocks be removed and Magna-ride calibrated in Saskatchewan or should the blocks be left in and the receiving dealership in Toronto do this setup?

Rob
Mine were taken out on delivery on Monday. Drove it back and have waited two days and they can't download the software from ford to get this thing fixed.
Worse than that they hit the carbon wheel on a loft I think ans damages the wheel!! So far they haven't said they did it. Friday should be interesting.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base

Rob
Congrats. Could be the same dealer I got mine from.

They're rather large dealer and know how to handle the R if it's the same dealer i went through. You can pm me the dealer name of you wish.

Cheers

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
OP
OP
CanadianHorseMan

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
have them leave the spacers in, gives the car extra ride hieght so its going to be easier to ship. Your local dealer can pull them in a couple of minutes.
So the spacers stay. Okay. I'll talk to them tomorrow or next week.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CanadianHorseMan

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Mine were taken out on delivery on Monday. Drove it back and have waited two days and they can't download the software from ford to get this thing fixed.
Worse than that they hit the carbon wheel on a loft I think ans damages the wheel!! So far they haven't said they did it. Friday should be interesting.
Damn! What will they do about that? That's crazy. What happened dented, chipped? No matter the dealer or the make of car...this crap happens all the time. I just sold my BMW and bought the R. I would never take that Beemer to a BMW dealership.

That said, I'm sure there's a couple dealers that can be trusted...I think.

AshelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350R, 2008 911 Turbo, 2009 E63 AMG, M3
Damn! What will they do about that? That's crazy. What happened dented, chipped? No matter the dealer or the make of car...this crap happens all the time. I just sold my BMW and bought the R. I would never take that Beemer to a BMW dealership.

That said, I'm sure there's a couple dealers that can be trusted...I think.
This is the email I got from the salesman. The software he talks about is for the suspension. I'm headed there now to talk about the wheel. The wheel has a chip and I had to bring to them as I have to get the software fixed.

Email: The software issue is a Ford issue. We have been told that we will not have the file till th 31st. The wheel issue is another thing all together. Our problem is we know it wasn’t there at delivery. I also know it didn’t happen while I drove it to the bay. I talked with mechanic and he had another guiding him in cause the car sits so low. I don’t know how to proceed with that. I will get with service manager in the am as they left at 6.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
AshelbyR, what dealership?... If you don't wanna say it here could you PM me the name?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
This is the email I got from the salesman. The software he talks about is for the suspension. I'm headed there now to talk about the wheel. The wheel has a chip and I had to bring to them as I have to get the software fixed.

Email: The software issue is a Ford issue. We have been told that we will not have the file till th 31st. The wheel issue is another thing all together. Our problem is we know it wasn’t there at delivery. I also know it didn’t happen while I drove it to the bay. I talked with mechanic and he had another guiding him in cause the car sits so low. I don’t know how to proceed with that. I will get with service manager in the am as they left at 6.
Man, i hate to see you going thru this. Why is everyone so incompetent now days...unreal.
Hope they don't jerk you around so you get fixed up quick.

OP
OP
CanadianHorseMan

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Jez. Totally sucks. Hope it gets fixed for you. But still sucks man.
Sponsored