Ride Height

stshoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Avalanche w/Black Stripe and roof, tech pack
So I was at the monthly Mustang Club mtg last night and I parked next to my buddies GT350. Both cars are optioned the same except for color/stripes/painted roof - tech pack cars. We walked out after the mtg and my friend said my car appeared to be sitting lower - but I assumed it was just because the AG and black top make it look lower and slimmer compared to the white. But sure enough, I did a rough measurement and my car was about 1/4+ lower. Measured front splitter and tire to fender clearance. My car has about 3500 miles while his has about half that. I know my car has been driven 'harder' than his, but I've only done 1 autox with it and I don't drive it stupid on the street. Anyone else notice when you've been parked next to another?
Sponsored

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
It's very common for cars to settle into their suspension with more miles on it. More than likely your car has completely settled while your friend's car has not yet.

OP
OP

stshoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Avalanche w/Black Stripe and roof, tech pack
That's what I assumed, but was just curious.

67GTA

67GTA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67GTA,69MACH1,09GT500,16GT350
Clearance

Can you measure how many inches your car at thee front between the ground and the splash apron. I'm beginning to wonder if I can get up my steep driveway when my car gets here.
Sponsored