Sponsored

GT500 wishlist

Atlas24601

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
New guy here. Im getting out of the Navy later this year and thinking about buying myself a GT500 once they're released with some deployment money and stock market profits I have saved up. Should be a fun car to go back to college with. In high school I worked full time during the school year and 80 hrs a week over summer to be able to buy a used 1997 Cobra Mustang. That thing was a ton of fun that probably should have killed me several times. Ive had a soft spot for Mustangs ever since then.

Anyways, things Im really hoping for on the new GT500 include...

1. A manual transmission. Id be shocked if they dont offer it with one. The new Tremec DCT or the 10 speed Ford developed with Chevy would be good options to have and would help out in the inevitable car magazine comparisons with the Hellcat/Demon and the ZL1.

2. Fat rear tires. Ive always loved the look of wide rear rubber. 315's or greater would be my preference. Michelin Pilot Sport 4s tires standard with optional Cup 2 tires would be my choice.

3. Sounds like the motor is going to be a winner already. 5.2 liter with the new Eaton R2650 blower making over 700 hp. Im already very happy with that but it would be cool if Ford offered one of their performance packs that raises power without voiding the warranty for it like they do for other vehicles like the Focus RS. All it would probably take would be a smaller supercharger pulley and a tune. The aftermarket is going to be offering this for sure. Id just like to see Ford offer it themselves so there are no warranty worries.

4. Magnetic suspension like the GT350 has. Id be shocked if it doesnt have this.

5. For the rear wing in the teaser video to be optional. Im sure its functional but I dont care. I think it looks awful.

6. Guard Green color. This is almost definitely not going to happen. I loved that color from the 2015 model year though!

Hopefully the new GT500 doesnt disappoint! What are some things yall are really hoping for from it?
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It's going to be a track car/1LE killer.

1) be prepared to be shocked.
2) well don't be surprised
3) I think that it will be on the higher end of 700
4) count on it
5) put the crack pipe down
6) fogetaboutit.

Welcome to mustang 6g

OP
OP

Atlas24601

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Im really really hoping for a good manual transmission. Manual transmissions and large powerful V8 motors wont be around much longer. Id like to get my hands on one of the last great examples of an American muscle car before everything becomes a self driving EV or hybrid.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Im really really hoping for a good manual transmission. Manual transmissions and large powerful V8 motors wont be around much longer. Id like to get my hands on one of the last great examples of an American muscle car before everything becomes a self driving EV or hybrid.
Then buy a GT350R. This one is coming with a DCT.

OP
OP

Atlas24601

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Im out if it doesnt have a manual transmission available. GT350 doesnt do it for me. The FPC engine seems like a gimmick to me. Especially since the new CPC Aluminator A52XS can rev to 8k, makes more peak power, and has a broader power band.

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Congrats for being in a position to buy one and thank you for your service.

I would NEVER take a car like this to college though IMO.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Im out if it doesnt have a manual transmission available. GT350 doesnt do it for me. The FPC engine seems like a gimmick to me. Especially since the new CPC Aluminator A52XS can rev to 8k, makes more peak power, and has a broader power band.
The A52XS is not emissions compliant but it’s badass for sure. DCT will out perform, or equal the manual on track and equal an auto for drag strip times, so you can beat the 1LE and the Demon in their home turfs.

The FPC sounds the way a V8 should and will rev to redline quicker than the same engine with cpc. I would love to put one in an FFR Cobra kit.

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
DCT will out perform, or equal the manual on track and equal an auto for drag strip times, so you can beat the 1LE and the Hellcat in their home turfs.
Fixed right there. The GT500 WON’T outperform the Demon at the drag strip.

OP
OP

Atlas24601

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Congrats for being in a position to buy one and thank you for your service.

I would NEVER take a car like this to college though IMO.
Thanks for the support! Its been an honor to get to serve in the miltary.

Why wouldnt you take a GT500 to college? To me it sounded like fun. Plus, older guys like myself (28, for a college that's older) could use any leg up we can get with college girls. I was thinking a nice car and my Golden Retriever puppy would be good things to have.

Im going to be living off campus in either a rental house with garage or an apartment with a garage. Its not like the GT500 is going to sit out in a dorm parking lot or something.

I havent decided if it will be my only car yet or not. I might keep my current Mazda 3 hatchback as a beater/dogmobile or I might use it as a trade in depending on pricing of the GT500.

Im just looking to have a fun couple years in college again after years of 100+ hour work weeks and deployments in the Navy.

OP
OP

Atlas24601

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
The A52XS is not emissions compliant but it’s badass for sure. DCT will out perform, or equal the manual on track and equal an auto for drag strip times, so you can beat the 1LE and the Demon in their home turfs.

The FPC sounds the way a V8 should and will rev to redline quicker than the same engine with cpc. I would love to put one in an FFR Cobra kit.
I didn't realize it wasnt emmisons compliant. Is that just for commiefornia or for everywhere? The 5.2 FPC would be awesome in a cobra replica! Too bad the only way to get one is from a wrecked GT350.

As I mentioned aboved I hope they have both a manual transmission option and some sort of automatic option. I wouldn't buy the automatic, but would love for a GT500 to have one so it does better in comparisons between the it and the Demon/1LE.

I doubt the GT500 will beat the Demon in a straight line. The Demon was designed for straight line speed and is very good at that. As an overall car Im sure the GT500 will be superior to the Demon. Although, even a Mustang GT with the performance pack is a better overall car than the Demon in my view.

GT500 will probably rival the Camaro 1LE on the roadcourse. Id be impressed if the GT500 actually beat it though. The Camaro 1LE is ridiculously good at the roadcourse work.

What Im anticipating the GT500 to be is the best real world car. Not as fast as the Demon in a straight line, not as track focused as the 1LE, but a great high powered musclecar for real world use that can also go do great things at the drag strip or the roadcourse.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'd like to see that the wing it comes with is motorized and flips up fast to act as an air dam for breaking. :)

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
I didn't realize it wasnt emmisons compliant. Is that just for commiefornia or for everywhere? The 5.2 FPC would be awesome in a cobra replica! Too bad the only way to get one is from a wrecked GT350.

As I mentioned aboved I hope they have both a manual transmission option and some sort of automatic option. I wouldn't buy the automatic, but would love for a GT500 to have one so it does better in comparisons between the it and the Demon/1LE.

I doubt the GT500 will beat the Demon in a straight line. The Demon was designed for straight line speed and is very good at that. As an overall car Im sure the GT500 will be superior to the Demon. Although, even a Mustang GT with the performance pack is a better overall car than the Demon in my view.

GT500 will probably rival the Camaro 1LE on the roadcourse. Id be impressed if the GT500 actually beat it though. The Camaro 1LE is ridiculously good at the roadcourse work.

What Im anticipating the GT500 to be is the best real world car. Not as fast as the Demon in a straight line, not as track focused as the 1LE, but a great high powered musclecar for real world use that can also go do great things at the drag strip or the roadcourse.
The GT500 goes against the ZL1, meanwhile the GT500R will be the one that goes against the ZL1 1LE.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Thanks for the support! Its been an honor to get to serve in the miltary.

Why wouldnt you take a GT500 to college? To me it sounded like fun. Plus, older guys like myself (28, for a college that's older) could use any leg up we can get with college girls. I was thinking a nice car and my Golden Retriever puppy would be good things to have.

Im going to be living off campus in either a rental house with garage or an apartment with a garage. Its not like the GT500 is going to sit out in a dorm parking lot or something.

I havent decided if it will be my only car yet or not. I might keep my current Mazda 3 hatchback as a beater/dogmobile or I might use it as a trade in depending on pricing of the GT500.

Im just looking to have a fun couple years in college again after years of 100+ hour work weeks and deployments in the Navy.
Well I wouldn't for the exact reasons you stated, I'm thinking it's sitting in a parking lot with kids walking around who don't care one bit about it. But since you're getting a garage then go for it.

And yes, the car and a puppy will be a magnet for sure....but for most of us it's just dudes that ever say anything about our cars :lol:

I would keep the Mazda too you're going to need it, sounds like you have your shit together get the car and enjoy it! :cheers: