What were the ADMs on Last GT500??

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Back in 2007 ADMs were everywhere and lasted for almost two years. But remember most people were told only a two year run. 07-08. Not sure about the 13-14 500’s . This time around I’m sure we will see them again. Personally I never have or will pay a premium over sticker. This time around won’t buy new without discounts. So it looks like used if at all.
Sponsored

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
New to the forum, so haven't introduced myself but have been watching the GT500 news. I am a foxbody fan, but love all types of cars (see sig). I have been waiting for this car since the 2007 model came out. I am now in the position to buy but the ADM has me second guessing on whether it is a smart choice or to wait for it to calm down. If i could tell the future it would be an easy choice. Got a few questions or comments.

1. Will/Can all Ford dealers get a GT500 allocation/s? My dealer said they will just not sure how that is determined.

2. Can an average person determine how many allocations will be granted? Total? by Dealer?

3. Has anyone came up with a list or like to share non-ADM/low-ADM dealers?

I have my name on the list at several dealers but not sure that means anything. None will take my money at this point, nor am i sure i want them to. None will commit to ADM or no-ADM or amount. One has said that if they produce and allocate like GT350 then MSRP will be there price. So i guess it all depends on production but history shows they should make decent qtys....Do I have this right? Not interested in the 'R' version if they make it, but kinda hoping they do to relieve the pressure of normal GT500 ADMs in theory at least.

thanks

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
We're really too early for any kind of ADM talk other than yes some dealers will try and ask for them. We need to learn the following:

1) Does it actually perform better than the competition? (ZL1/ZL1 1LE & Hellcat Widebody/Demon)
2) How much is the MSRP?
3) Will it be a late MY19 offering or MY20 car?
4) How many do they plan to make?
5) How many years will they make them?
6) Is there a more exclusive limited production version like the GT350R?
7) What's is Ford's dealer allocation strategy? (Do they do a Demon style strategy with buyer confirmation and pushing ADM orders to the back of the line.)

Once we start to receiving the answers to these questions we can have a more informed discussion around ADMs.

Last edited:
Reactions: _M_

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very valid and good points. My assumptions are it will be equal or better handling and performance as ZL1 and Hellcat and high $70's base starting. I also assume they will produce equivalent numbers as previous generations or GT350. 'R' version not sure, but hope so, but only for selfish reason to lower ADM on normal GT500.

I am just trying to determine if I should even get excited or prepare myself for stupid ADMs and wait it out.

Still think a dealer list of 'honest' non-adm dealers could be helpful. Although just by browsing dealers websites you can get an idea, as i am still seeing normal GT350's for over sticker and R's are just stupid.

GOES against my grain to pay sticker let alone over sticker and not sure my common sense will allow me too.

Patiently waiting.....

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Some dealers wanted(still want) 10K over on a non-R.
Local dealer in Niles Illinois has an 18 at 30k over. I told them I'd give them 10k over and when they get tired of the museum piece to give me a call. :D

Sponsored

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Since some forum sources informed that next year we will have both GT350 and GT500 that MAY mean that the ADM MAY drop in both models :ford:

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So has anyone reached out to Ford on the ADM? I know I know its a free market and dealers can do what they want and that leaves me with choices, pay the premium, find another dealer, or shut up and don't buy. Just wondering what corporate thinks or cares or if they give a rats A$$. I assume in Fords 'values' this goes against any corporate philosophy they preach but maybe i am wrong. I can't believe I may get excited for paying full MSRP....

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It's funny, in the other thread on this sub forum they are complaining about Ford making too many GT350s and the value of used cars will go down more. In this thread the complaining is ADMs, which are typically caused by too few cars being built.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
It will be exactly the same as the 350, IMO. R adms were commonly $20-30k for the first year.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
It's funny, in the other thread on this sub forum they are complaining about Ford making too many GT350s and the value of used cars will go down more. In this thread the complaining is ADMs, which are typically caused by too few cars being built.
The problem with the GT350 is that it feels more V6 Mustang under 4000 RPMs than GT. Driving it above 4000 RPMs when it goes beast mode requires open roads to really enjoy the GT350 experience. This doesn't translate into a great daily experience for some which is why you're seeing a bunch show up on the used car market. Plus a lot of them are 2016 Tech Packs and we all know the story there.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I don't agree. There's some torque deficit down low but it's not slow for the street, at all....AND if you're running this motor under load below 4k, you're doing it wrong.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I don't agree. There's some torque deficit down low but it's not slow for the street, at all....AND if you're running this motor under load below 4k, you're doing it wrong.
You don't get the benefit of the GT350s power band until over 4k. At that point you're driving pretty aggressively. While I enjoy it it's not for everyone. Some people want that extra punch down low.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The problem with the GT350 is that it feels more V6 Mustang under 4000 RPMs than GT. Driving it above 4000 RPMs when it goes beast mode requires open roads to really enjoy the GT350 experience. This doesn't translate into a great daily experience for some which is why you're seeing a bunch show up on the used car market. Plus a lot of them are 2016 Tech Packs and we all know the story there.
It's true that the Voodoo torque output doesn't surpass the Coyote until about 3,500 RPM.

The gearing of the GT350 is not favorable for stoplight launches, that's for sure. On the road course the gearing is great, though.

I had planned to change out the rear gears - maybe go to a 4.56 or so to get a little more torque on launch. However, it's not worth it to me to sacrifice performance on the road course and be constantly shifting.

I do disagree that laws have to be broken to enjoy the GT350 on the streets, though. I think the Voodoo sounds great at lower RPM and I really enjoy driving around and listening to it. The clutch and transmission make it a pleasure to shift through the gears and it's not difficult to rev match downshifts. I think the GT350 is a fun car to cruise around gently without irritating the other drivers on the road.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
^^^
I just rented a 5.0 GT in palm beach. It is a totally different animal. I don't know how people can even compare the cars at all.

GT350 all day long.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
It's true that the Voodoo torque output doesn't surpass the Coyote until about 3,500 RPM.

The gearing of the GT350 is not favorable for stoplight launches, that's for sure. On the road course the gearing is great, though.

I had planned to change out the rear gears - maybe go to a 4.56 or so to get a little more torque on launch. However, it's not worth it to me to sacrifice performance on the road course and be constantly shifting.

I do disagree that laws have to be broken to enjoy the GT350 on the streets, though. I think the Voodoo sounds great at lower RPM and I really enjoy driving around and listening to it. The clutch and transmission make it a pleasure to shift through the gears and it's not difficult to rev match downshifts. I think the GT350 is a fun car to cruise around gently without irritating the other drivers on the road.
^^^
I just rented a 5.0 GT in palm beach. It is a totally different animal. I don't know how people can even compare the cars at all.

GT350 all day long.
Not to derail the thread too much, but after driving both a manual and auto 18 GT Performance Pack it makes a better daily. Again I still like driving my GT350 regularly a lot, including driving it slowly and hearing the exhaust. My point is the GT350 is not for everyone.

Back to GT500 ADMs!
Sponsored

Last edited: