Sponsored

2018 GT Stock Quickest Pass ?

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
There's plenty of videos showing the Camaro pulling away from the Mustang it's all up to the driver with these two cars. Even when it's all Auto vers Auto.
There are plenty of camaros being towed too....
Sponsored

OP
OP

yo ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Kevin, yes that is a very important enhancement. One more note, the story should be released online very soon.... MM&FF.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Syphon23, I post often on Yellow Bullet's Trash or be Trashed bard.
I hone my trolling skills over there.
If you want to talk smack? Then post over there and I will oblige.....
Leave this thread about the run and the car it's about.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
This BlaqHole dude is hilarious

Track rentals are much better than track events or track nights. I've done a few rentals and you can think clearer, you can focus more, and there is much less pressure which makes you much less nervous. Higher nerves lead to mistakes on the track. Nobody is taking credit away from the runs tho. We're simply saying that there is an advantage to being on a rented track as opposed to going to a track night.
Makes a statement to obviously discredit the Mustang time, then claims that he is not taking credit away from it, and the immediately insinuates that he is indeed taking credit away from it. Why make a point to note the track rental otherwise? It's obviously a handicap factor in their eyes for this run.

Also, I had no idea emotions were a valid metric in which to measure your performance. So if you take someone who is emotionally dead and feels nothing, his runs will be unfair because he isn't nervous like someone else might be? What's next, discrediting people because the driver is in good physical shape and weighs under the average body weight for his gender/age group?

"I hadn't had my morning jack sesh that day so when I got to the track I was a little more anxious than I normally am, that's why my run was .2s slower than the average."

Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang

Makes a statement to obviously discredit the Mustang time, then claims that he is not taking credit away from it, and the immediately insinuates that he is indeed taking credit away from it. Why make a point to note the track rental otherwise? It's obviously a handicap factor in their eyes for this run.

Also, I had no idea emotions were a valid metric in which to measure your performance. So if you take someone who is emotionally dead and feels nothing, his runs will be unfair because he isn't nervous like someone else might be? What's next, discrediting people because the driver is in good physical shape and weighs under the average body weight for his gender/age group?

"I hadn't had my morning jack sesh that day so when I got to the track I was a little more anxious than I normally am, that's why my run was .2s slower than the average."
We refer to him as Ebony Orifice on a different forum.:lol:

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Here's the latest gold from Blaq..

One of the guys over at Camaro6 pointed out there's more factors at play in a drag race run than just DA and location..

MaxLjx8.jpg

Blaq then just disregarded all the logic being pointed out..

UDriyxH.jpg

Aaaand got called on it

BPYehuS.jpg

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6

Why are they so concerned if the track was rented or not? From my own experience, track rental can be hit or miss with prep. I have always thought prep was the best when the track knew they were putting on a show with a racing group.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Why are they so concerned if the track was rented or not? From my own experience, track rental can be hit or miss with prep. I have always thought prep was the best when the track knew they were putting on a show with a racing group.
Because they are idiots, plain and simple.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
My guess is that reality is hard to accept so they look for any possible variable that they can factor in to soften the blow of that reality. Used to be that a stock car ran X in the 1/4 mile and that was accepted as its potential.

Now, the fact that it's the same car doesn't matter. Different driver? Different conditions? Different tire pressure? Different driver diet? Different emotional constitution? Different air density? Different temperature? Different tire warmth? Different male pattern baldness? Different state?

All of these things apparently can take away the perceived validity of what a car is capable of. That seems to be accepted as gospel on that board. If that's the case, what is the point in having lists or making comparisons at all? There is clearly no way to compare anything since all of those little variables not based on the vehicle itself weigh so highly into whether or not something should be believed.

Ridiculous.

edit: I stand can't get over the fact that homeboy used emotions as a metric. He abolished whatever credibility he may have had beforehand (probably none judging by his posts) with that statement.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
My guess is that reality is hard to accept so they look for any possible variable that they can factor in to soften the blow of that reality. Used to be that a stock car ran X in the 1/4 mile and that was accepted as its potential.

Now, the fact that it's the same car doesn't matter. Different driver? Different conditions? Different tire pressure? Different driver diet? Different emotional constitution? Different air density? Different temperature? Different tire warmth? Different male pattern baldness? Different state?

All of these things apparently can take away the perceived validity of what a car is capable of. That seems to be accepted as gospel on that board. If that's the case, what is the point in having lists or making comparisons at all? There is clearly no way to compare anything since all of those little variables not based on the vehicle itself weigh so highly into whether or not something should be believed.

Ridiculous.
Yep. The first ever pass by LMR was said to be a hero run in ideal air. Lund comes in and bests it...and now that was called the hero run. Evan smith kills it and now they aren't even saying its a hero run, they are claiming that it's not possible...and that something is fishy lol.

And I can't stop reading it all! It's like watching a train wreck!!! :headbonk:

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
What bothers me is these guys over there claim to have drag racing experience..and I'm like...??? I'm not seeing it.

I've held a NHRA Comp License for the better part of a decade and I've crewed Super Pro, Fuelies, etc. There's a reason why most "serious" racers have a full on weather station installed in their trailer and spend a good deal of time documenting the track conditions before each run with surface temp readers, etc. This is basic knowledge and practice for anyone who's been a competitor for any real racing.

Blaq, ULTRAZLS1, Hotlap, etc..they're at best neophytes who have done a few passes and think they know the ins and outs of drag racing because they go to test and tunes and do a few passes every once in a while.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
What bothers me is these guys over there claim to have drag racing experience..and I'm like...??? I'm not seeing it.

I've held a NHRA Comp License for the better part of a decade and I've crewed Super Pro, Fuelies, etc. There's a reason why most "serious" racers have a full on weather station installed in their trailer and spend a good deal of time documenting the track conditions before each run with surface temp readers, etc. This is basic knowledge and practice for anyone who's been a competitor for any real racing.

Blaq, ULTRAZLS1, Hotlap, etc..they're at best neophytes who have done a few passes and think they know the ins and outs of drag racing because they go to test and tunes and do a few passes every once in a while.
Yeah, well, obviously you weren't any good because if you were you would have gotten a Camaro since that is apparently the epitome of speed - just make sure you aren't going to the track after a break-up because your hurt feelings will make you much slower.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I texted my Camaro buddy about the butt hurt on the other forum, he has a 16 SS and said "why do they care? Their cars are 2 years older. Of course something faster is going to come out."
Sponsored