Sponsored

2020 GT500 Mustang Caught Testing Uncovered For The First Time

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
I'm liking the trend line - once the camo is gone and there's contrast btw the black lower panels and a body color this baby is going to look muscular and strong. Agree the wheels could use a little panache but cooling and weight are key factors - you want a ton of the first and not a lot of the latter.

Take my money

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
I can almost bet those are placeholder wheels among other things on that car.

Sponsored

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Not much change

If we go by the exterior, it looks to me like a 2018 with a few cosmetic mods. I think Ford is looking to change / improve the motor. Speaking with a dealer tech, Ford has had lots of issues with the direct injection fuel system.

With fuel prices at $4/gal here in California, the 5.2L motor in the 2020 Mustang will gobble up fuel. 700+HP? doesn't sound like 87 Octane is going to cut it any more. Just like '15, if I want the full 435HP, I have to use 91 Octane.

I'll keep my '15 and continue to mod it.

USPSALIMITED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 GT PP Guard
I must be too old.

My 2015 with performance package & angry sounding exhaust & MGW shifter seems like it will give exactly the same thrills that one will, if I was running one at a track instead of on public roads it would be different.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
I like everything about it... and agree that it’s no longer a “test mule.” With the exception of aeros, this will be the finished GT500. Thanks for posting :thumbsup:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Man those are some melon shooters out back! Looks mean to me, I'm glad they didn't try and do something too over-dramatic or make it look like a science fiction character. From the teasers we already know the 2015 headlights will be on the final car. Interesting to see them go to the 2018 tail lights since the GT350 stuck with the old ones for 2018.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
I absolutely don't see it? What is going to make this so special? There is nothing in those pictures that makes me regret not waiting on this car so far! I mean where's the beef! I can't be the only one that thinks it's going to look to much like your garden variety Mustang! They could have at least widen the track or something seeing it's taken several years to release. Any way maybe that wrap is just really really damn good at hiding what is under it!!
Yea it kinda just looks like a regular mustang with 15 headlights and 18 taillights and then a nice exhaust. I do see a huge bulge in the hood. I still cant wait to see what it'll actually look like.
Sponsored