Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Look like the 2018 5.0 takes 10 quarts of oil.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
So it looks like those that get the Safe and Smart package are able to turn off lane keep assist completely and it'll save it between ignition cycles, but the active autonomous braking can only be turned off temporarily and comes back on each time you restart the car. I hope the low sensitivity setting is low enough.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Ford specifies a different viscosity for tracking the car (page 243)...has that always been a thing?
Also, road course and alignment specs for perf pack 2 (page 301).

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer
So it looks like those that get the Safe and Smart package are able to turn off lane keep assist completely and it'll save it between ignition cycles, but the active autonomous braking can only be turned off temporarily and comes back on each time you restart the car. I hope the low sensitivity setting is low enough.
Just wondering why someone would want to turn off emergency braking? You'd prefer the car lets you hit something lol? The lane assist a can see how it could annoy, but I couldn't imagine a scenario where I would want my front end damaged! I've never had it though so maybe there's something I don't understand.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Just wondering why someone would want to turn off emergency braking. You'd prefer the car lets you hit something lol? The lane assist a can see how it could annoy, but I couldn't imagine a scenario where I would want my front end damaged! I've never had it though.
Deer, animals in the road. You don't want to slam on the brakes, that's how cars end up wrapped around trees with dead people in them. Just run right through the animal and let insurance handle the rest.

Plus, it's just pandering to people that can't stop screwing around when they should be paying attention to their driving. Pandering to the lowest common denominator.

You really want your car driving for you?

Last edited:

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Expensive oil changes.
Kinda. Depends.

Mobil1 comes in 5 quart jugs. So it's just two jugs, which is cheaper than 1 jug and 3 quarts....or about the same money.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Just wondering why someone would want to turn off emergency braking? You'd prefer the car lets you hit something lol? The lane assist a can see how it could annoy, but I couldn't imagine a scenario where I would want my front end damaged! I've never had it though so maybe there's something I don't understand.
The problem is they're over sensitive. My wife's Mercedes freaks out a couple times a week when there is literally nothing in front of her but open road. I don't know if it see ghosts or what...

I don't want a bunch of warning bells going off for no reason. If you're paying an ounce of attention looking forward, you're not gonna rear end somebody, so I don't see a need for it. These systems are for the texting, facebook distracted masses, not for enthusiasts. I think they said the low setting only intervenes when a crash is certain, so it shouldn't bother me, unless it gets those wonderful "spooks" for no reason. :paddle:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
If you're paying an ounce of attention looking forward, you're not gonna rear end somebody, so I don't see a need for it.
Plus, imagine a PP/MPS4/Brembo equipped car going into full panic stop, with another car behind you. Some transportation appliance driven by some average driver whose paying 0 attention.

And you have no ability to modulate the braking when the car slams the brakes on, no ability to balance not hitting whatever is in front of you, and not getting rear ended by Joe or Jane Schmo with their phone in their face behind you.

You're gonna' have a bad day,

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
The problem is they're over sensitive. My wife's Mercedes freaks out a couple times a week when there is literally nothing in front of her but open road. I don't know if it see ghosts or what...

I don't want a bunch of warning bells going off for no reason. If you're paying an ounce of attention looking forward, you're not gonna rear end somebody, so I don't see a need for it. These systems are for the texting, facebook distracted masses, not for enthusiasts. I think they said the low setting only intervenes when a crash is certain, so it shouldn't bother me, unless it gets those wonderful "spooks" for no reason. :paddle:
I was turning a corner and a van was in the other lane and my mom's Acura ILX freaked out. It didn't brake for me but it did beep at me. But I only like the Adaptive Cruise Control on long road trips and your stuck in traffic it's nice not having your food constantly on the brake.

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer

I get it, so what you're saying is the system is like my mother freaking out anytime she perceives a problem on the road and completely distracting me from my driving LOL. I think I would still like it for emergency braking however I agree that they should give you an option to permanently turn it off if you like. I think it's going to be mandatory soon and that's what they are preparing for

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Plus, imagine a PP/MPS4/Brembo equipped car going into full panic stop, with another car behind you. Some transportation appliance driven by some average driver whose paying 0 attention.

And you have no ability to modulate the braking when the car slams the brakes on, no ability to balance not hitting whatever is in front of you, and not getting rear ended by Joe or Jane Schmo with their phone in their face behind you.

You're gonna' have a bad day,
Yeah that's true too.

I was turning a corner and a van was in the other lane and my mom's Acura ILX freaked out. It didn't brake for me but it did beep at me. But I only like the Adaptive Cruise Control on long road trips and your stuck in traffic it's nice not having your food constantly on the brake.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure if I get a 2018 I'll go for the package, but only because I really want blind spot monitoring and cross traffic detection, and the adaptive cruise would be a nice luxury.
Sponsored