Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone with a GT350 registered in Germany had problems passing due to how loud the exhaust is?

When I bought the car through MAS; I got a 2 yr registration and didnt need an ibspection because it was new. Now; I must get it inspected and I am worried that the exhuast will fail.

Has anyone gone through this yet with a GT350?
Sponsored

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
You might try to ask Geiger Cars in Munich. They, I believe, are the only seller of the GT350 in Germany. They would have to know something because they have to assist their customer base. Maybe they are nice and give you advice.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Rule #1 Always get the the three year inspection.

You could go over to an inspection place and ask them to check it. It can be any base inspection place and just ask them if they would check, if you are worried about going to yours. When I bought mine and removed the block-off plates I went to ours here and asked one of the guys to check it.
The regulation states how they should conduct the test but most do not do the correct way.

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
Lately, the Germans have really been at it cracking down on exotic cars, modified or not. Been shown a lot on tv and sadly, many Mustangs are on there.

Modified and no papers (or incorrect papers), you walk! :paddle:

ShadowFox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Has anyone with a GT350 registered in Germany had problems passing due to how loud the exhaust is?

When I bought the car through MAS; I got a 2 yr registration and didnt need an ibspection because it was new. Now; I must get it inspected and I am worried that the exhuast will fail.

Has anyone gone through this yet with a GT350?
Can they even fail you if it came like that stock? I just passed mine on my GT with a long tube headerback system, but I was able to close valves on my mufflers to dampen the noise down to an 83.2, open it's pretty loud.

"C-29. NOISE LEVELS OF MUFFLERS AND EXHAUST SYSTEMS
All exhaust systems (manufacturer installed, or after-market) of motorcycles and automobiles will be
inspected for noise levels according to the procedures in paragraph C-30. Motor vehicles exceeding a
noise level of 95 decibels will be rejected. "

"... When a
vehicle is rejected because the after-market system does not meet German standards, the owner must
remove the nonconforming exhaust system and replace it with the original factory equipment or a TÜV approved
after-market system. If neither of these options is possible, the vehicle must be registered
nonoperational."

See if you can stop by the inspection place and get it measured before the actual inspection and then if it IS above 95 see what they have to say. Seems to be in a bit of a gray area but I'm new here and haven't had the pleasure of talking with many people with loud stock cars yet, but if the option is possible, and already in effect, does that supersede the standard, hmmm, or would they have you put on an aftermarket exhaust that reduces the volume.

Last edited:

Sponsored

1LE_traitor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ace McQueen
Vehicle(s)
‘16 GT350
Just had mine inspected. No issues but I have the tech package so I kept her quiet. I also didn’t bring the car up to them cold so the exhaust was quiet upon start up as well.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
That's great

OP
OP
lemers

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I had mine inspected at a base that doesnt do a sound test

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Definitely check with Geiger in Munich - they are specialized in stuff like that. Other possibility would beAuto Toy Store, they should be able to help as well.

When I asked (email) last year - Karl Geiger said the GT350 exhaust system was no issue... dont take my word for that though.

Sponsored

drudge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT RS / GT350
My GT350 exhaust system is stock, no problems here in Germany, if the flaps stay closed ;)