Sponsored

2020 GT500 TEASER

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I am willing to bet the GT500 weighs no more than 3800 pounds. I think the Ford engineers have been around race cars long enough to know weight is the enemy of high performance cars.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I am willing to bet the GT500 weighs no more than 3800 pounds. I think the Ford engineers have been around race cars long enough to know weight is the enemy of high performance cars.
Weight is also the enemy of most budgets.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
If they have gone full aluminum frame, 3800 is attainable, just like what Corvette did starting with their Z06 a few years ago.

The next challenge for Ford is to control it's greedy dealers with markups. Otherwise, people won't buy the car, Ford is forced to pull it out of the market. This happened to GT350 and RS. I saw dealers adding $20K to $25K to GT350 and RS and the cars sat in showroom.
Markups hurts the manufactures the most, as it kills consumers interest when a car is initially released. Mercedes has a VERY restrict rules on this issue with their dealers and you never see these crazy markups and people buy new models with confidence. My cousin just bought a new MB model for 2018 and he checked 5 dealers and got the exact price that manufacture had set and not the dealer. Audi and BMW are also following the same.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
The next challenge for Ford is to control it's greedy dealers with markups. Otherwise, people won't buy the car, Ford is forced to pull it out of the market. This happened to GT350 and RS. I saw dealers adding $20K to $25K to GT350 and RS and the cars sat in showroom.
Markups hurts the manufactures the most, as it kills consumers interest when a car is initially released.
When did this happen to the GT350? Last I heard Ford decided to continue production for at least 1 more year.

Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
By stepping into the new Corvette's performance range it's getting too close to the Ford GT, so unlikely to happen.
During the IMSA 12 hours of Sebring on Saturday it was mentioned that ford might move up to the Prototype class. That would maybe leave room for a mustang GT in the GTLM class. I never thought the Ford GT helped sell mustangs. Would like to see the GT 500 race against corvettes.
The green monster lives......Down under GT4 +++that thing can handle any Corvette in GTLM . Check out that widebody ...awesome !
Bottom picture mustang GT4 won Friday @ the Sebring conti 2 hour race and.....congrats. Now Ford needs to complete in both series. All the other manufacturers do it or GTD at least :cheers:
CC884B5B-AD5D-4ADC-BC15-27FD0898484A.jpeg
E3E7D6AB-B05C-4233-9258-D0FF35DAAEC8.jpeg

Last edited:

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
My bad. I meant Challenger Manual.
Won't be a manual GT500 to compair it to, only DCT, that's the rumor.

Another rumor is, don't expect it to surpass 750hp, and will be over 4000 lbs for the Non R model.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Got a GT350R for sale when that thing comes out. I really like it.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
That gaping hole :eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge:
would be cool if thats the way it was but there's a wide bumper running across that opening.
would be very cool if they would make a small width maybe 2"Ă—2" carbon fiber bar in its place. don't know if it would pass crash requirements but something light, small (to facilitate more air flow) and strong.

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
During the IMSA 12 hours of Sebring on Saturday it was mentioned that ford might move up to the Prototype class. That would maybe leave room for a mustang GT in the GTLM class. I never thought the Ford GT helped sell mustangs. Would like to see the GT 500 race against corvettes.
The green ....Down under GT4 +++that thing could handle itself.
The mustang GT4 won Friday @ the Sebring conti 2 hour race and.....congrats. Now Ford needs to complete in both series. All the other manufacturers do it.:cheers:
But if/when the mid-engine Corvette finally hits, that'll put it in a different realm that would move it into the realm that the Ford GT currently occupied on the road and leave the Camaro for the GT500/Mustang.
I know we'll also see a new Ford on the NASCAR track next year, I suspect it's the Mustang, and taken a step further the GT500 would make sense, since the GM product on track now is the ZL1 Camaro.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
But if/when the mid-engine Corvette finally hits, that'll put it in a different realm that would move it into the realm that the Ford GT currently occupied on the road and leave the Camaro for the GT500/Mustang.
I know we'll also see a new Ford on the NASCAR track next year, I suspect it's the Mustang, and taken a step further the GT500 would make sense, since the GM product on track now is the ZL1 Camaro.
Hey I noticed you are on Team Shelby forum also. I’ve been there since 2007 as mach 1 1970 :cheers:
Don’t forget the Porsche team went to mid-engine lay out on their GTLM 911. They also won yesterday at Sebring.
I don’t think the Ford GT will be IMSA much longer IMO. That’s the rumor mill
The bop in IMSA keeps the GTLM class really tight from race to race. However the Corvette could use some help until the C8 gets here. I will say the corvette has a Hugh fan base @ these races. Much larger then the Ford Mustang. Just look at the corals. Porsche and corvette dominate at Daytona this year. I think it was the first time there was even a mustang/ Shelby coral.

Last edited:

ArtRios87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Brembo Pack
Looks like a Photoshop based on this image. Is the facebook Mustang page official?
ford-shelby-GT350-mustang-designboom01.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: