• Watchers 20

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I had to use the sealant once and I didn't have any issues after screwing it on real tight. Both sealant and air went in without issue although I did need to use pliers to get it on tight enough.
Sponsored

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
I had to use the sealant once and I didn't have any issues after screwing it on real tight. Both sealant and air went in without issue although I did need to use pliers to get it on tight enough.
Won't that gorilla snot ruin the tpms sensor?

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I keep a small Craftsman tire compressor in my trunk and a plug kit. I wasn't sure how well the factory kit worked so I'd rather have a kit which I know will work well. I think my Craftsman compressor and plug kit actually weighs less ad takes up less space than the factory kit. If you do get a plug kit, get one of the better ones, not the cheap ones from Autozone, it makes plugging a tire much easier and faster.

Texstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EB Premium PP 6MT
I've used the factory kit to air up my tires a few times, but I've never used the sealant and don't plan to.

I had a somewhat similar experience, but once I screwed the fitting completely onto the valve stem, it made a decent seal and I was able to air the tires up. It was frustrating though, since you really have to thread it down several turns, more than what I'm accustomed to. I probably lost 5-7 PSI just threading it on so I had to slightly over-inflate to about 37 PSI to account for losses during the disconnection process. After disconnection I had to let out a few PSI to even them all out to factory specs of 32 PSI.

Overall, it's not nearly as convenient as an actual compressor, it inflates pretty slowly (which I guess is reasonable given that it's a portable unit), but mine works in a pinch. I wasn't too impressed with the quality of the plastic threaded piece at the end of the hose. It felt kinda flimsy to me, but it worked.

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Won't that gorilla snot ruin the tpms sensor?
Surprisingly it didn't. Put it on the next tire and it's been working ever since. It does make the tire impossible to plug though which is unfortunate. Didn't realize it at the time and it was 4AM when I noticed.

Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
I had the same issue. The threaded part of the valve stem is too short to fully seat the air pump attachment onto the valve stem. I'm not sure if my solution is because the part was missing originally but the air pump comes with attachments. One of those attachment has a O ring on it. Remove the O ring from the attachment and insert it fully into the air pump hose attachment. Your leak will stop.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
wouldnt it be better to patch rather than plug?

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
Hope in 10 or 20 years someone will want my OEM pump still in factory wrapping. A collectors item!!!

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
I've been looking at this thing in the trunk sideways since I got the car. I'm seriously thinking about swapping it out for a spare tire and putting this on the shelf in the garage.

Sponsored

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
I'm with you...225$ is the best I saw for a spare...

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Be warned, the stock spare tire is too short anyway. Find one to match your rear tire diameter.

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Be warned, the stock spare tire is too short anyway. Find one to match your rear tire diameter.
And will the spare tire that matches rear tire diameter fit in the spare tire well of the trunk?

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
And will the spare tire that matches rear tire diameter fit in the spare tire well of the trunk?
If your wheels are 19” or larger, no a matching spare wheel won’t fit in the storage well. It will either be too wide for the tire to sit within the well, or too tall to be kept there without pushing the cargo floor up.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
The spare tire is a 155/60/18 = 25.3" x 6.1", which does fit in the well.
My tire diameter is 27", so the spare is 1.7" shy of matching.
I have both the spare and the kit so that I have options.
Can anybody report on how the PP aftermarket kit fits?
Sponsored

Last edited: