Sponsored

The GT500 has been delayed?

A Faster Horse

Strongest Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
So I was at my local Ford dealer today buying a new car and curiously asked whether or not they have any information about the GT500 and when it's supposed to debut. One of the manager there told me that the release date has been pushed to 2021, and the estimate price is supposed to be north of $100k. They also said that the teaser video we all saw a few months ago wasn't authorized and the person who released it was fired for doing so.

Not really sure how accurate the information is but it's worth sharing.
Sponsored

GTF351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford FPV GTF351
what about the teaser pictures? Did that guy get fired as well?

:gossip:

OP
OP
A Faster Horse

A Faster Horse

Strongest Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
what about the teaser pictures? Did that guy get fired as well?

:gossip:
Not so sure, but I don’t think the program itself is being canceled, I think it’s just getting pushed to 2021. Like everyone else has suspected, the GT500 would be outdated if it were to release now considering how tougher the competition has gotten with the Demon, ZL1 1LE, etc. They probably have to revamp most of the vehicle if these rumors are true. Hopefully it wont miss it’s mark again in 2021.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
This doesn’t make sense.

Not only has the 500 been in development for quite a while, the teaser was a coordinated marketing effort. Not just some rando YouTuber deal.

It seemed to come at the right time when fans were all over the map with impossible expectations as well as serving to mitigate the loss of enthusiasm for a conspicuously absent trim.

There isn’t any reason to push the car back. Should be available and on the road this time next year.

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Yeah it's never gonna happen. Admins, you can safely remove reference to the GT500 from the forum header title ;).

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Dealers... if you visit 100 dealers and ask the same question you will get 100 different answers.
Salesy people often just let their mouths run and if there aren't any consequences all sorts of garbage will come out. They don't even know what they are saying, but if you don't think about it, it will sound good to you.

A few years ago I was told by a salesman at a local dealership that there was going to be a new Boss 429. I'm still waiting for that one, but I won't be surprised if it doesn't happen.

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Dealers... if you visit 100 dealers and ask the same question you will get 100 different answers.
I had a dealer tell me that the Shelby GR-1 concept was produced and sold several hundred examples to very wealthy people.

So, yeah...

Grain of salt with everything that a dealer says, unless it's on paper, and has a signature next to it.

JR

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
My dealer was a little more honest. I talked to him about putting money down and ADM.He said he'd gladly take my money when the time comes. And he'd be happy to charge me ADM. Even though ive been a steady customer. Thru out the years.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
It'll be out for the last 2 model years when ever that might be.:shrug:

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
If they delay the GT500 it sucks for the potential buyers but this makes me more hopeful that the gt350 will stick around a couple extra years so I can buy it when I'm ready (and god forsaken ADM may go away by then in parts of Cali). :p
Sponsored