Sponsored

What type of alarm system ? (insurance)

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
In order to complete the insurance they need the type of alarm system the Mustang uses. I don't get much further then 'PATS' and they also asked the dealer and they couldn't help either, it's not in the list of alarm systems they can fill in.

Anyone know what type of system the Mustang uses other then the description 'PATS' which is the only thing I can find right now.
Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Found stuff like this but was looking more towards a more standardized discription, keywords or explanation of the system. Thank you for the effort.
Interesting that as an insurance company they would need more. Seems like a pretty standard system for Fords. Anyway, good luck.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I would name it 'Ford original equipment alarm' or 'Ford factory alarm' or 'Ford OEM alarm'.

I'm not sure about Belgium but in the Netherlands most insurance companies do not accept this system as sufficient, they require the installation of a tracking system. That is if you want theft coverage of course. If you choose not to get theft coverage you do not need any alarm.

Sponsored

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
The standard equipment alarm is called "passive". This is what insurance companies are looking for.

OP
OP
Double

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
I would name it 'Ford original equipment alarm' or 'Ford factory alarm' or 'Ford OEM alarm'.

I'm not sure about Belgium but in the Netherlands most insurance companies do not accept this system as sufficient, they require the installation of a tracking system. That is if you want theft coverage of course. If you choose not to get theft coverage you do not need any alarm.
Makes sense this is what I got from the actual insurer, sorry to the other readers this is only in dutch, but basically what Ericc said is true. Insurer does require a specific security system for theft coverage but it doesn't always have to be a tracking system.

BEVEILIGINGSMAATREGELEN - WAARBORG DIEFSTAL
Het voertuig omschreven in de bijzondere voorwaarden, dient voorzien te zijn van een elektronisch beveiligingssysteem van het type
IM, goedgekeurd door Incert (gelijkgesteld met de vroegere VV1 van Assuralia).
De waarborg diefstal is slechts verworven wanneer het voertuig is voorzien van het vereiste systeem.
Wij moeten in het bezit gesteld worden van een montageattest van het beveiligingssysteem afgeleverd door een door Incert
gecertificeerd inbouwbedrijf.
Onderschrijving van het systeem IM (voorheen VV1)
IM is een systeem dat het starten van de wagen belet. Deze immobilisatie treedt automatisch in werking (passif arming) nadat de
motor van het voertuig stilgezet wordt. Twee verschillende startonderbrekers (neutralisering van de starter, onderbreking van de
ontsteking, onderbreking van de brandstoftoevoer, ...) zorgen daarvoor.

Think the Ford system is an IM system but doesn't mean it's been aproved as such. Will have to check to make sure.
Sponsored