Sponsored

Update: 2019 Bullitt Mustang Order Banks Open, 480 Horsepower, Starts at $46,595 MSRP

AC53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg TDI, Lincoln MKZ, F-350 TD
I was on the fence about the cover initially. The price is high. But when I placed my order I decided to go for all the options.

Where the Bullitt is extremely limited in the number and type of options available, in order to maintain the integrity of the concept, going full tilt can't hurt it. The only issue could be less market for the Recaro seats, but that makes them even more unique and because it won't be my only vehicle, and I've been fine with my previous cars with similar seats (unless I was in a suit), I decided to go for it.

For the cover, the cost, while it may seem high I think it is at or just below what the retail would be for a cover of similar quality. The best ones aren't inexpensive.

Besides, can anyone think of a more attractive wrapping for the car?
Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Also went with cover for a couple of reasons. Firstly likely having the logo, would only enhance value of the total package, and secondly was going to get a cover anyway being I won't be driving it a lot in the winter, and wanted to cover it. And I guess lastly being as there were only two chargeable options, and I took the Recaro's, I figured might as well get everything.... (which I have never done before). In the grand scheme of things it wasn't a large expense....

Bullitt77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 (sold)
I notice that many have ordered the Bullitt on this forum. Is it necessary to have a good relationship with a dealer to be able to order one and pay MSRP or lower? All the Bullitt’s will be marked up heavily initially in the Chicago area just like when the GT350 came out. I hope that you guys are not paying ADM (Arrogant Dealer Markups)?

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I notice that many have ordered the Bullitt on this forum. Is it necessary to have a good relationship with a dealer to be able to order one and pay MSRP or lower? All the Bullitt’s will be marked up heavily initially in the Chicago area just like when the GT350 came out. I hope that you guys are not paying ADM (Arrogant Dealer Markups)?
Well, not necessarily. I originally approached my Ford dealer, where I purchased and service my 2013 Escape. This was late March/Early April. Anyway after a couple of weeks of no info, I finally get told that they have been allocated two and I could have one, but they didn't have any pricing at this point. Cut a long story short, I gave them a $500 deposit and the next day, and keep pressuring him for pricing. the following day, he tells me they are ordering the cars and even though they still have no pricing, it will be MSRP +10%. I got pissed , took my deposit back and decided to call around. I found another dealer who had been allocated one and sold at MSRP + and were getting a second allocation later that year and would sell it to me at MSRP.

I contact my dealer back and told the salesman I could get one at MSRP elsewhere. After a couple of hors of no response, I contacted the GM of the dealership and bitched about it (left VM). He called me back within half an hour and apologized profusely, saying "your a good customer" and they will sell it to me at MSRP and waive all dealer fees.

So to answer your question, No you don't need a relationship with a dealer, but it probably doesn't hurt if you do...

Bullitt77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 (sold)
Well, not necessarily. I originally approached my Ford dealer, where I purchased and service my 2013 Escape. This was late March/Early April. Anyway after a couple of weeks of no info, I finally get told that they have been allocated two and I could have one, but they didn't have any pricing at this point. Cut a long story short, I gave them a $500 deposit and the next day, and keep pressuring him for pricing. the following day, he tells me they are ordering the cars and even though they still have no pricing, it will be MSRP +10%. I got pissed , took my deposit back and decided to call around. I found another dealer who had been allocated one and sold at MSRP + and were getting a second allocation later that year and would sell it to me at MSRP.

I contact my dealer back and told the salesman I could get one at MSRP elsewhere. After a couple of hors of no response, I contacted the GM of the dealership and bitched about it (left VM). He called me back within half an hour and apologized profusely, saying "your a good customer" and they will sell it to me at MSRP and waive all dealer fees.

So to answer your question, No you don't need a relationship with a dealer, but it probably doesn't hurt if you do...

That’s great to hear. I thought maybe the pricing would be more competitive outside the US in other countries such as Canada or countries in Europe...

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
That’s great to hear. I thought maybe the pricing would be more competitive outside the US in other countries such as Canada or countries in Europe...
In Europe there is no such thing as ADM. You can easily buy a Bullitt at MSRP and if you make an effort even score a decent discount.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
2 updates on my Bullitt. First, my EDD has been removed completely from COTUS this morning. Still awaiting shipment. Second, I have a guess why my car hasn't left the plant yet. I loaded my window sticker again through COTUS and noticed they "rebilled" it and it now has the new design with the Bullitt background instead of the Ford one. Maybe they held my car to swap window stickers before shipping? Only guess I have. But would make sense since the later produced cars had the new sticker already and could explain why they're breezing through the factory straight onto a truck. Now that mine's changed I'm hoping it will be released for shipping very soon. We'll see...

AC53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg TDI, Lincoln MKZ, F-350 TD
Congrats on getting the new design for the window sticker.

It's a nice touch that perhaps Ford identified mid-process and realized that it would be nice to do as many as possible that way.

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
It is a nice touch, but if I find out my car was delayed 2 weeks or something to get a different window sticker, I'll be a little upset.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
It is a nice touch, but if I find out my car was delayed 2 weeks or something to get a different window sticker, I'll be a little upset.
Yeah, depends how long the delay is. If my car ships today or tomorrow, worth it for sure. But if it doesn't leave for another week or two, not worth it. Especially since I have a Private Offer coupon that expires on the 9th, so if I don't take delivery by Monday, this holdup will have cost me $750 in savings.

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Glad you are getting the revised sticker! Twenty years down the road, you will be glad you got it! :-)

I did wonder if it would be updated.

White_GT_CS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yeah, depends how long the delay is. If my car ships today or tomorrow, worth it for sure. But if it doesn't leave for another week or two, not worth it. Especially since I have a Private Offer coupon that expires on the 9th, so if I don't take delivery by Monday, this holdup will have cost me $750 in savings.
Here's to hoping you get it by Monday!

White_GT_CS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

In Edmonton, there are many dealers who are "greedy" in that they will sell the car for what the market will bear. It's not really greed, but just trying to maximize their profits.

On the other hand, only a few dealers are willing to sell the Bullitt at MSRP, and NONE are willing to give even a token discount.

One dealer wants $20K in ADM.
Another wanted $10K in ADM.
Several others wanted $5K in ADM.
Only two wanted to sell at MSRP, and we have 8+ dealers in our area.

9mmbullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Is the private offer cash available for use on the Bullitt? I ask because X plan is not available and most times that aligns with the PO cash on the performance vehicles.
Sponsored