Sponsored

Update: 2019 Bullitt Mustang Order Banks Open, 480 Horsepower, Starts at $46,595 MSRP

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Well some lucky dog got their Bullitt. I see the dealer is in Indiana. Wonder which one that is (VIN). I like that it has a "Fox" gas cap on the back...;)
Sponsored

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Well I learnt something today....these things have gear indication on the cluster for the six speed manual??! Odd, but it’s free so I’m not gonna complain.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Well I learnt something today....these things have gear indication on the cluster for the six speed manual??! Odd, but it’s free so I’m not gonna complain.
New for 2019. On the 2018s, only the automatics had that. Manuals had a 4 digit RPM readout instead which I personally didn't like. Much prefer having a gear indicator, had it in my BRZ back in the day and really liked the feature.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Also, not gonna lie, I'm pretty jealous the car in this video showed up so early, despite it being almost 100 cars after mine on the production line (it's K0184, mine is K0095) and being further away from the factory than my dealer. Seems like there's no rhyme or reason to how soon you get a car. Despite being one of the first to order with a very low VIN and low production number, my car sits at the factory "Awaiting shipment" with an EDD of tomorrow and COTUS showing 0 days to delivery. :frusty:

But I'm happy for the owner of this one, it's gotta be a great feeling lol.

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
New for 2019. On the 2018s, only the automatics had that. Manuals had a 4 digit RPM readout instead which I personally didn't like. Much prefer having a gear indicator, had it in my BRZ back in the day and really liked the feature.

Oh yeah, four digit readout very busy....yech.

Sponsored

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Also, not gonna lie, I'm pretty jealous the car in this video showed up so early, despite it being almost 100 cars after mine on the production line (it's K0184, mine is K0095) and being further away from the factory than my dealer. Seems like there's no rhyme or reason to how soon you get a car....

Matt we are looking forward to your astute in depth video about the car discussing depth of gloss of the black alloys, length of green stitch on the seats, size of font on the dash plaque...nothing is too minor, we want it all :).

No crazy production values either. Very amateur rush to Youtube job, we don't wanna wait for the finishing touches. Speed is everything!!

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Manuals had a 4 digit RPM readout instead which I personally didn't like.
I wonder if Ford will offer a software fix for manual 2018's. I haven't driven one but a digital RPM must be a nightmare, especially in such a huge font.

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Also, not gonna lie, I'm pretty jealous the car in this video showed up so early, despite it being almost 100 cars after mine on the production line (it's K0184, mine is K0095) and being further away from the factory than my dealer. Seems like there's no rhyme or reason to how soon you get a car. Despite being one of the first to order with a very low VIN and low production number, my car sits at the factory "Awaiting shipment" with an EDD of tomorrow and COTUS showing 0 days to delivery. :frusty:

But I'm happy for the owner of this one, it's gotta be a great feeling lol.
What my dealer told me is that they build out a whole bunch of cars before the start shipping. They all get parked in a lot bumper to bumper with the earliest builds going in the lot first, then when they start shipping they can't get to the early builds until the newer ones are out of the lot. Kind of a last in, first out thing (stack instead of a queue for us programmers).

I agree though, very frustrating. Ponies want to run, open the gates :)

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
What my dealer told me is that they build out a whole bunch of cars before the start shipping. They all get parked in a lot bumper to bumper with the earliest builds going in the lot first, then when they start shipping they can't get to the early builds until the newer ones are out of the lot. Kind of a last in, first out thing (stack instead of a queue for us programmers).

I agree though, very frustrating. Ponies want to run, open the gates :)
Ahhh, well that explains it. Thanks for the insight. It'll get dug out eventually I guess. :(

White_GT_CS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Ahhh, well that explains it. Thanks for the insight. It'll get dug out eventually I guess. :(
Don't worry, Matt. You'll eventually get it sooner than later and I hope you keep this car for ever!

#95 has a special meaning to me (that was my jersey number) and it's ironic that you got it. Hahah. :D

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Don't worry, Matt. You'll eventually get it sooner than later and I hope you keep this car for ever!

#95 has a special meaning to me (that was my jersey number) and it's ironic that you got it. Hahah. :D
Haha sorry I got your number! If your car arrives before mine I'll trade orders! Just kidding of course ;) :lol:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I waited 2 extra months for my early built '15 GT to show up for the same reason. It was held back for QA since it was a dealer stock order. It took them awhile to get to it. Fortunately OKTB has apparently been given, and there was not a big time lag since the '18s have paved the way. Hang in there - very close now!

PS - Ray Skillman Ford was one of the places I called looking for a dealer that had allocation. Now I know who got it. Haha!

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Not so sure it is always as random as that.

My Bullitt came off the line the same day as Matt's. But mine is on a train with one that came off the line 6 days later, headed for BC. So I think there is some method to this apparent madness...

But I still have to wait 30 more days based on EDD, so I'm sure many more people will get their Bullitts before I get my hands on mine.....

Agree with the gear display rather than the RPM. I thought having the digital RPM in the Tach was way too busy and a distraction...

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Haha sorry I got your number! If your car arrives before mine I'll trade orders! Just kidding of course ;) :lol:
Hey Matt big fan of your vids :) you mention your build no and I just wanted to ask where we find that as I have my vin but not sure what build no it will be ?

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I waited 2 extra months for my early built '15 GT to show up for the same reason. It was held back for QA since it was a dealer stock order. It took them awhile to get to it. Fortunately OKTB has apparently been given, and there was not a big time lag since the '18s have paved the way. Hang in there - very close now!

PS - Ray Skillman Ford was one of the places I called looking for a dealer that had allocation. Now I know who got it. Haha!
Hopefully I don't have the same 2 month wait haha.

Out of curiosity, was Ray Skillman asking a markup on their allocations?
Sponsored