Sponsored

MT Head 2 Head - 2018 Camaro SS 1LE vs 2018 Mustang GT

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
Exactly this.

Ford has played it smart this way by offering a cheaper base GT than the SS and reaped the sales benefits. But apples should still be compared to apples, and its well-known that the GT PP is closest in spec and intention to the SS, the GT PP2 to the 1LE. Chevy just doesn't have an answer to the base, non-PP GT.
Bingo :clap2:
Sponsored

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This forum is sounding more more like Camaro 6 by the day.
Why because we are not agree with you? Don't see any hairsplitting argument in that tread. If in time the 1le beats the pp2 then it will beat his direct competitor and that's ok Then!

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
This forum is sounding more more like Camaro 6 by the day.
Exactly! It’s like everyone drag races constantly at every light and every weekend at the strip.

The others are carving canyons and road racing at the track every weekend “racing” every car in site.

I come from many motorcycle track days and it reminds me of the newbie hoon showing up at a track with the latest liter bike.........either he goes home after an ambulance ride or with his tail between his legs after getting embarrassed by a ratty 10 year old 600cc beater!

The only way you “win” a track day is by having fun, learning car control, getting faster track times and going home in one piece!

I think the bragging at cars and coffee and Starbucks about quarter mile times is timeless and tiring at the same time.:first:

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
So..forgive me if I'm wrong..

the GTPP is the improved handling pack for the GT. The 1LE is the improved handling pack for the SS.

What you folks seem more mad about is that GM included what is essentially a GTPP into the SS as stock...

Maybe be a bit more mad at Ford for having the base GT be lacking than for the PP1 not being up to the same level as the 1LE.
My bitch with Ford. Is pricing! I think Chevy priced the Camaro right out of the target audience price range. Looks like the 2018 Ford ripped a page right out of Chevys book.

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
Comparisons are always interesting...but I wonder how many buying decisions they actually effect?
I mean, is there any Mustang/Camaro guys that are actually going to base their decision to buy the "other" car off of something like this?
A better comparison is of course the PP2 but even still...who cares that much? The Camaro could beat the GT by 2 full seconds in the 1/4 mile and destroy it on the track and I still wouldn't buy one. I suspect a lot of Camaro guys are the same.

Still interesting to see, but nothing more.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
So..forgive me if I'm wrong..

the GTPP is the improved handling pack for the GT. The 1LE is the improved handling pack for the SS.
No......

The GT PP is the improved handling for the V-8 Mustang. The SS is the improved handling pack for the V8 Camaro. So the PP and the SS are direct competitors, and the PP2 is the proper competitor for the 1LE.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
No......

The GT PP is the improved handling for the V-8 Mustang. The SS is the improved handling pack for the V8 Camaro. So the PP and the SS are direct competitors, and the PP2 is the proper competitor for the 1LE.
The SS is the base V8 Camaro, there's no non-SS V8 Camaro, just as there's no non-GT V8 Mustang.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Why not wait ??

If these media companies keep waiting for "fair" comparisons they will lose money to their competitors. It doesn't really matter if fanboys believe the test to be fair for people to read the article/watch their videos so the company(in this case MotorTrend) can make a profit.

The SS is the improved handling pack for the V8 Camaro.

The SS is the V8 model. The RS is their V6 model. There is no non-SS V8 base model.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Can't wait for this episode, hopefully it will come to their normal YT channel soon enough.

No matter who wins, MT H2H is definitely my favorite show about cars atm. Their camerawork alone is just amazing, their really show the cars more epic than most tv spots for the actual cars :headbang:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Well the Camaro is either an LS, LT or an SS.

LS can either configure to a 2.0T or a V6. SS can configure to a V8 only. SS is a trim, 1SS, 2SS. Just like 1LS, 1LT, 2LT.

RS is an appearance package but it used to be a suspension performance option on the 5 gen car.

SS is in no way shape or form a performance package upgrade for the V8 car. It's a TRIM. It is NOT an option. Go ahead and tell me on the Chevy website where you can configure a V8 car with the "SS Performance Option." It. Doesn't. Exist.

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If these media companies keep waiting for "fair" comparisons they will lose money to their competitors. It doesn't really matter if fanboys believe the test to be fair for people to read the article/watch their videos so the company(in this case MotorTrend) can make a profit.
Then they could have wait for the 1le comparo and do any other Mustang gt 2018 vs 1ss or 2ss . As long it's auto vs auto or manual vs manual

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I just checked Chevy's site.

The Camaro and Mustang are optioned/packaged quite differently. To get the V8 in a Camaro, you have to get the 1SS or 2SS packages. So theoretically the base V8 Camaro comes with Brembo brakes and Summer only tires, you can't get lesser brakes and all-season tires on a V-8 Camaro.

There's no direct comparison between the two.
Sponsored