bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
This isn't internet lore. This is real life experience due to issues on cars in the past. GM isn't the only company that has denied warranty claims over non stock parts.

We can beat this up more and you can keep talking about ball sacks if you want because that's somehow related to car parts. But, it's a waste of time and rather off topic So this will be my last post about it. Also, just for good measure my Camaro has plenty of non-stock parts on it. You know what they say about assuming...

I'm not trying to argue here. I'm just speaking from experience that car companies will try to wiggle out of warranty work any way they can no matter who the manufacturer is.

I also stated that Ford may be more lenient here since it's a Ford part. I was merely pointing out that some people think you can do whatever you want to a car and the warranty can't be denied. However I am not saying you specifically think that. It was a generalization. So fine. It may not involve a cooler. That's fine. I don't really care what someone does to their own vehicle. It's not my money.

As far as mullets go. The party is in the back. Not the front. I'll just leave this here...
Fuzzy dice & seat covers do not constitute non stock parts. :D
Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
This isn't internet lore. This is real life experience due to issues on cars in the past. GM isn't the only company that has denied warranty claims over non stock parts.

We can beat this up more and you can keep talking about ball sacks if you want because that's somehow related to car parts. But, it's a waste of time and rather off topic So this will be my last post about it. Also, just for good measure my Camaro has plenty of non-stock parts on it. You know what they say about assuming...

I'm not trying to argue here. I'm just speaking from experience that car companies will try to wiggle out of warranty work any way they can no matter who the manufacturer is.

I also stated that Ford may be more lenient here since it's a Ford part. I was merely pointing out that some people think you can do whatever you want to a car and the warranty can't be denied. However I am not saying you specifically think that. It was a generalization. So fine. It may not involve a cooler. That's fine. I don't really care what someone does to their own vehicle. It's not my money.

As far as mullets go. The party is in the back. Not the front. I'll just leave this here...
Cool story. :clap2:

Why don't you tell me about any real life experience with Ford denying any warranty claim for having a non-stock transmission cooler. Hell, why do you search the interwebs or call any local dealerships with those beautiful locks and tell me what you find
(I already know the answer)

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6

Why don't you tell me about any real life experience with Ford denying any warranty claim for having a non-stock transmission cooler. Hell, why do you search the interwebs or call any local dealerships with those beautiful locks and tell me what you find
"WHAT IS NOT COVERED UNDER THE NEW VEHICLE LIMITED
WARRANTY?
Damage Caused By:
• accidents, collision or objects striking the vehicle (including driving
through a car wash)
• theft, vandalism, or riot
• fire or explosion
• using contaminated or improper fuel/fluids
• customer-applied chemicals or accidental spills
• driving through water deep enough to cause water to be ingested into
the engine
• misuse of the vehicle, such a driving over curbs, overloading, racing or
using the vehicle as a permanent stationary power source
Damage Caused by Alteration or Modification
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover any damage caused by:
• alterations or modifications of the vehicle, including the body, chassis,
electronics or their components, after the vehicle leaves the control of
Ford Motor Company
• tampering with the vehicle, tampering with the emissions systems or
with the other parts that affect these systems (for example, but not
limited to exhaust and intake systems)
• the installation or use of a non-Ford Motor Company part or software
(other than a certified emissions part or software) or any part or
software (Ford or non-Ford) designed for off-road use only installed
after the vehicle leaves the control of Ford Motor Company, if the
installed part fails or causes a Ford part to fail. Examples include, but
are not limited to lift kits, oversized tires, roll bars, cellular phones,
alarm systems, automatic starting systems and performance-enhancing
powertrain components or software and performance “chips”.

The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover:
• vehicles that have had the odometer disconnected, altered, or
inoperative for an extended period of time with the result that the
actual mileage cannot be determined
• vehicles that have ever been labeled or branded as dismantled, fire,
flood, junk, rebuilt, reconstructed, or salvaged; this will void the New
Vehicle Limited Warranty
• vehicles that have been determined to be a total loss by an insurance
company; this will void the New Vehicle Limited Warranty
• converted ambulances that are not equipped with the Ford Ambulance
Prep Package, see important information about ambulance conversions
(page 36)
• Aftermarket parts or components, sometimes installed by Ford Motor
Company or an authorized Ford dealership, may not be covered by the
New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Any damage caused to Ford
components due to the failure of aftermarket parts (other than a
certified emissions part) is not covered."

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Take what you want from any of this. COULD they deny your warranty? It certainly seems like it. WILL they? I don't know. Is it worth the risk? I guess it is up to each individual. I wouldn't risk it tho. But that's just me.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Just keep in mind the obvious distinction between a road course outing for fun and actual RACING. I've been to the road course a few times, but my laps weren't timed and it definitely wasn't a RACE.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Just keep in mind the obvious distinction between a road course outing for fun and actual RACING. I've been to the road course a few times, but my laps weren't timed and it definitely wasn't a RACE.
Yep, there is a difference between racing and driving your car around a track.

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/02/27/new-car-warranty-valid-race-track/

And of course, there is a distinction between an aftermarket part that increases performance and a part that increases transmission longevity.

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox

I like how I literally said they would most likely be lenient since it was a Ford part, yet you're still just typing away like you've been bred for weaponized autism.

This argument is over. What do you want? You Win! OK. Great. Gold star. Moving on.

Also my hair is beautiful.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I like how I literally said they would most likely be lenient since it was a Ford part, yet you're still just typing away like you've been bred for weaponized autism.

This argument is over. What do you want? You Win! OK. Great. Gold star. Moving on.

Also my hair is beautiful.
Not cool man.

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
Not cool man.
What can I say. I'm an asshole. :lol:

I May have went slightly overboard with that one though.

That being said. I do see your point. I'm just saying I've dealt with dealerships pulling bullshit excuses for voiding warranties.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
My was is, some people get so freaked out about the myth that simply adding a part voids your warranty. Oil catch cans do not come factory on any ford vehicle (for a reason). Transmission coolers do…and are not only recommended, but are required for many transmission replacement warranties.

There is a big difference in denying a warranty claim for a catch can…and a transmission cooler.

Would I be afraid affecting my engine warranty for an aftermarket tune? Absolutely. Would I be afraid of affecting my transmission warranty for an aftermarket transmission cooler? Absolutely not.

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
My was is, some people get so freaked out about the myth that simply adding a part voids your warranty. Oil catch cans do not come factory on any ford vehicle (for a reason). Transmission coolers do…and are not only recommended, but are required for many transmission replacement warranties.

There is a big difference in denying a warranty claim for a catch can…and a transmission cooler.

Would I be afraid affecting my engine warranty for an aftermarket tune? Absolutely. Would I be afraid of affecting my transmission warranty for an aftermarket transmission cooler? Absolutely not.
I definitely agree that some people think that adding something automatically voids everything. I had headers on my 5th gen and brought it in for an issue. Got it fixed up with warranty.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
I definitely agree that some people think that adding something automatically voids everything. I had headers on my 5th gen and brought it in for an issue. Got it fixed up with warranty.
You like gambling? Because that's what happens when people change up anything like that on their car.

Roll the dice ...

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
You like gambling? Because that's what happens when people change up anything like that on their car.

Roll the dice ...
You mean like those that take their cars down the 1/4 mile with complete ignorance that it won't be covered under their insurance if anything happens?

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
You mean like those that take their cars down the 1/4 mile with complete ignorance that it won't be covered under their insurance if anything happens?
True there.

Although driving a modded Car every day is probably more of a risk than taking it down the track every once in a while in that regard.

Well... unless you’re just a really bad driver (at the track). Lol
Sponsored

Last edited: