Sponsored

Power pack 2 wings

victory-rc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' , premium ,10 speed, Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Im bored and building a 18' Mustang power pack 2 to see the prices.. Looks like you cant add the larger wing to a PP2 ... It comes with some flat wing it says,I have seen the larger wing on PP2 cars, looks like $51,000 for a premium PP2 mustang and the base GT with the PP2 looks like its around $45,000 ... Just dont know what wing you get ...Nasty car.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Performance Pack Level 2 (not power pack) only comes with a slightly raised blade spoiler (seems like a regular GT one but with more material through the middle so it is all even to me).

Regular PP can be had with the larger pedestal one or spoiler delete.

OP
OP
victory-rc

victory-rc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So you can't get a performance pack with that large pedestal wing ?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Not the Level 2, no. Large pedestal wing is only an option for the Performance Pack 1.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
So you can't get a performance pack with that large pedestal wing ?
Performance Pack 1 has the pedestal spoiler
Performance Pack 2 has the lip spoiler

There is no “power pack” for 2018+ Mustangs. Power Packs are after market Ford Racing tunes and mods and cannot be purchased from the factory anyway. They were/are available for the 2015-2017 Mustangs, AFAIK they are yet to be available for the current gen2 S550.

Sponsored

OP
OP
victory-rc

victory-rc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That kind of stinks if you like the larger wing....

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That kind of stinks if you like the larger wing....
The lip spoiler is supposedly more efficient for aero when combined with the added front lip spoiler on PP2. If you really want the PP1 spoiler, you can always ask your dealership about installing the OEM part.

OP
OP
victory-rc

victory-rc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That small spoiler looks like something that belongs on my base GT not a PP2 option...

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
PP2 is focused on functional performance against the 1SS 1LE on track in grassroots hpde and timeattack.

If the larger wing hurts aero, it goes. You really want a real wing for real down force if running at full track days.
Keep in mind that angle of attack on that big plastic wing is fixed angle, might be more for full efficiency anyway...

Theres nothing wrong with going PP1 and the big wing. it looks cool and is aesthetically correct. PP1 way better wheels n tires for daily driving with rain or weather on AS. PP2 you will need to buy second set wheels (narrower(denser) footprint) to daily in weather at highway speeds.

You should go out to a track day just to observe and sit in drivers meeting n walk around. You might be surprised to find PP1 cars with plastic wings pulled off for real wings... additionally, PP1 cars are cheaper starting point for caging and full coiovers.

OP
OP
victory-rc

victory-rc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the answers everybody.

Sponsored

RLMJR58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, pp, Kona Blue
Vehicle Showcase
The lip spoiler is supposedly more efficient for aero when combined with the added front lip spoiler on PP2. If you really want the PP1 spoiler, you can always ask your dealership about installing the OEM part.
Where did you find this infor? I have the PP1 with the spoiler. I would like to add the front splitter from the PP2 but don’t want to necessisarily change the rear wing but if aero is effected significantly may have to reconsider...

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Total of 60lbs of downforce at 80mph from the combination of the front splitter (24lbs) and rear spoiler (if it is straight addition, this counts for 36lbs). I wouldn't worry about it too much...

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
Where did you find this infor? I have the PP1 with the spoiler. I would like to add the front splitter from the PP2 but don’t want to necessisarily change the rear wing but if aero is effected significantly may have to reconsider...
I think it was mentioned briefly by Carl Widmann in one of the PP2 videos.

These days it's good to be cautious with performance vehicles. The aero on these cars is engineered specifically to aid the vehicle. Even what may be considered "little differences" like; the open air ducts in the front bumper on regular Mustangs vs closed ducts on PP1 and PP2 cars are all done for a specific reason/s by the engineers.

Still, for regular street driving/cruising I don't think a splitter change is anything to stress about. :shrug: You should be fine. But I'm not an engineer.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The part no one talks about is the weight of that PP1 wing. That alone probably makes it not worth it. These cars aren't going fast enough to warrant "downforce" from a wing. Probably the reason the PP2 sticks with something smaller.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it was mentioned briefly by Carl Widmann in one of the PP2 videos.

These days it's good to be cautious with performance vehicles. The aero on these cars is engineered specifically to aid the vehicle. Even what may be considered "little differences" like; the open air ducts in the front bumper on regular Mustangs vs closed ducts on PP1 and PP2 cars are all done for a specific reason/s by the engineers.

Still, for regular street driving/cruising I don't think a splitter change is anything to stress about. :shrug: You should be fine. But I'm not an engineer.
This. Also, the front splitter should still provide additional downforce and improved aero with the PP1 spoiler, it’s more that the PP2 spoiler works better with and was tested with the front splitter.
Sponsored