Corsa Sports Vs. Magnaflow Streets Volume Level

CollieDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT Premium, Performance Pack
Corsa Sport Catback + MAK Cat Deletes volume/sound level vs. Magnaflow streets, paired with the Flowmaster Scavenger X-pipe and MAK Cat Deletes.

I am currently running the later set-up and I'm not pleased with the overall sound or volume level, so Im mainly wanting to know if the Corsa set-up will be any louder? Never heard it in person.
Sponsored

tukn20s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
i recall seeing a video on youtube with that set up.

OP
OP

CollieDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
i recall seeing a video on youtube with that set up.
Yeah I've seen a couple videos with that set-up but sometimes videos can be deceiving. Was wondering if anybody with more experience than me would know or if anyone has heard both types of exhaust configurations in person.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I would expect that the Corsa is louder but also has less compromise. It won't drone or be annoying in the cabin. I've heard the sport catback with cat deletes in person. It does have some rasp but not as crazy as Xtreme without cats.

OP
OP

CollieDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I would expect that the Corsa is louder but also has less compromise. It won't drone or be annoying in the cabin. I've heard the sport catback with cat deletes in person. It does have some rasp but not as crazy as Xtreme without cats.
What was your opinion of hearing it in person other than it having a little rasp?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
What was your opinion of hearing it in person other than it having a little rasp?
Very aggressive sounding, basically the Sport catback with everything turned up and a little less refined. Similar loudness to the Xtreme catback, but a deeper tone. It's a good sound though I probably wouldn't do it myself.

Found a clip:

There are a few more out there.

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
I had xtremes w/catted kooks LTs and those were super loud, sports probably won't be as loud but still have that high pitch corsa classic sound (nice). I than switched to MF street catback and they sounded too muffled so I got the competition axle backs, which are nice and deep and only slight rasp at high RPMS but it does drone inside. Corsa had no drone, probably cuz of the double helix x pipe that they use. Keep in mind I still got cats so maybe without them it will rasp more. Sorry for the long statement

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I had xtremes w/catted kooks LTs and those were super loud, sports probably won't be as loud but still have that high pitch corsa classic sound (nice). I than switched to MF street catback and they sounded too muffled so I got the competition axle backs, which are nice and deep and only slight rasp at high RPMS but it does drone inside. Corsa had no drone, probably cuz of the double helix x pipe that they use. Keep in mind I still got cats so maybe without them it will rasp more. Sorry for the long statement
No drone is because of the mufflers, not the X-pipe.
http://corsaperformance.com/Technology/exhaustRsc.aspx

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
i want the corsa mufflers for the in cabin technology, but i find really like deeper sounding sounding systems, but they tend to be a little rougher in the cabin.

Trying to get my ears on Corsa mufflers paired with H pipe
Corsa touring with an H is pretty deep. They're deeper in person than videos convey.

Sponsored

Stang8psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT
i want the corsa mufflers for the in cabin technology, but i find really like deeper sounding sounding systems, but they tend to be a little rougher in the cabin.

Trying to get my ears on Corsa mufflers paired with H pipe
I bet if you gave AWE touring a look, you would be more than happy. I have them on my car and the sound Is incredible

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
I bet if you gave AWE touring a look, you would be more than happy. I have them on my car and the sound Is incredible
I've heard AWE from outside the car, they are legit, sound very nice!! close to the Solo (opinion).

They are local for me, going to see if they have any mustangs they can take me for a ride in.

My old ass is now concerned with too much cabin noise and not being able to have a conversation or having to keep turning the music up and down. :lol:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I've heard AWE from outside the car, they are legit, sound very nice!! close to the Solo (opinion).

They are local for me, going to see if they have any mustangs they can take me for a ride in.

My old ass is now concerned with too much cabin noise and not being able to have a conversation or having to keep turning the music up and down. :lol:
For low cabin noise but loud on-demand, you know your answer.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
This is my car (Corsa Sport catback). Microphone is in the middle of the bumper, held by the closed trunk.

GTkev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT base
I initially had the Magnaflow xtremes on my 17 GT (w/kooks LT green cats). Great, deep rumble but the in-car drone was far too much to enjoy. Switched to Corsa Sports and am completely happy with loss of drone
Sponsored