lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
Winter has finally landed :(

I usually do mine + 5 neighbors - left and right of me and 3 across the street - 2 of them are older and 1, her son is a lazy f' lol...

At 30 inches, 3 augers, all 5 take me < a half hour. Coffee was still warm when I got back in.

What'd you use to blow?
first snow.JPG
blower.JPG
Sponsored

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Here is a stock photo of mine. Simplicity 922EXD. Bought it last year and only got to use it once last year but was pretty impressed with it for being a single stage snow blower. I am the only one in my cul de sac with a snow blower so I will probably be pretty popular if we get dumped on. We are supposed to get some snow this weekend. I am hoping we do I would like to really give it a test.

I will have to get a picture of my dad's set up. He has a Simplicity Legacy with a 47" two stage snow blower attached and a hard side snow cab.
922.jpg

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Mine is a '99 vintage Craftsman, 31" cut, 11hp. The last three or four winters have been so mild I have only used it a couple of times per. I usually shovel my driveway just for the exercise, assuming it's only 1-2" of fluff.

I hate winter more and more the older I get. :D

OP
OP

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
Mine is a '99 vintage Craftsman, 31" cut, 11hp. The last three or four winters have been so mild I have only used it a couple of times per. I usually shovel my driveway just for the exercise, assuming it's only 1-2" of fluff.

I hate winter more and more the older I get. :D
For 4 or 5 years that we've been in this house i shoveled by hand, killing myself. Finally said screw it, got that blower 3 years ago - got the biggest one i was willing to pay for - the first 2 years I had it - super mild winters. used it maybe twice.

even today, didn't really "need it" was only 3 or 4 inches. that's why I do my neighbors driveways - they don't have one so may as well run it a bit...

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
For 4 or 5 years that we've been in this house i shoveled by hand, killing myself. Finally said screw it, got that blower 3 years ago - got the biggest one i was willing to pay for - the first 2 years I had it - super mild winters. used it maybe twice.

even today, didn't really "need it" was only 3 or 4 inches. that's why I do my neighbors driveways - they don't have one so may as well run it a bit...
The first time you "need" to use it, will make it totally worth it

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The first time you "need" to use it, will make it totally worth it
Like when a blizzard hits and leaves you with 12" or more of heavy, wet crap to contend with.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
I use a 48" shaft driven blower on the front of my Cub GT3235 Garden Tractor - drive is 350' long and tends to get drifts right at the end. Its a MONSTER and will eat anything it touches.....the Cub sucks as a mower but rocks as a blower (I use a ExMark ZTR to mow my 4 acres).

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Since 1981.. #maintenance lol

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN
I noticed you guys do not have tire chains installed on your blowers? My Ariens blower tires had NO traction at all and I had to always help by pushing. I installed chains and made a massive difference. I guess I have crap tires?
BTW, FLAT blacktop driveway!

:shrug:

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I got 10psi in my tires.. helps a lot.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Since 1981.. #maintenance lol
]
I will have to see if I can upload a picture of the blower we have at the office. It's a 1967 Simplicity. Might only throw the snow about 3 or 4 feet but it still gets the job done!
Sponsored