Thanks and goodbye

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Because I'm not a close minded enthusiast. A good car isn't just defined by its sound. Ford GT for example.
Good for you Rich. I actually like the sound of the Ford GT. I grew up with forced induction rather than muscle, so I pretty much like all car sounds as long as it isn't ear piercing or rattling like something is loose.

The Stinger doesn't sound too bad, but some on this forum would probably scoff at the sound.

Exhaust clip for your viewing pleasure. Skip to 1:12.

[ame]
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
40k for a Kia? Lol. They're out of their damn minds.

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
Many say the same about a Ford product. KIA has some of the top-rated vehicles available at any price. There are many Stinger test drive vids on YouTube by seasoned Automotive Editors who are won over. I’ve seen the Stinger in person and there’s waiting lists of folks who’ve gotten over being a brand snob.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Many say the same about a Ford product. KIA has some of the top-rated vehicles available at any price. There are many Stinger test drive vids on YouTube by seasoned Automotive Editors who are won over. I’ve seen the Stinger in person and there’s waiting lists of folks who’ve gotten over being a brand snob.
It's a bold move for KIA, but it looks like it will pay off for them. I would have expected them to release the Stinger as a Hyundai. I know KIA was known for cheap cars for a long time, but so were Honda and Toyota at their starts.

With my A/C problems starting, I'm looking at getting back into a sedan and the Stinger is definitely on the short list.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Been fun being part of this great community. My car was rear ended and totaled. Going to go boring and buy a sedan. Save some money. Maybe grab a Mustang in a few years.

Take care
I had to do this exact thing. Totaled the Mach1 and a 4 door with 4 banger made more financial sense for my job and life then. 4 years later it's paid off and I can get a Mustang again and finances and times have changed.

I hope to see you on the flipside!

They had the last 20% sale off new SS sedans all of November, now like less than 50 new SS left on lots or something after 11/30. 300% increase in SS sedan sales last month.

I was tempted, but lost out on secondary deposit on 2 cars then finally all the colors I wanted were all gone.

So used market is only way, but it is amazing to see so many used SS sedans flipped, on lots with like under 1K miles

I agree with you SS is a good sedan and a "drivers" sedan.
Yeah it was nuts on Autotrader all but 1 new manual SS in 250 miles of me vanished in 1 weekend.

I'd easily take that car over the SHO.

Sponsored

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
Genesis is clean. Some wheels and a drop, you're done. Hopefully you'll reconsider.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
I loved my '12 Taurus SHO - yes its big but throw a Livernois 93 octane tune on it and its in the 450HP range...monster sleeper with AWD.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
So what sedan WOULD you pay 40k for? If you look at the class of cars that it's competing with, that 40k is a hell of a deal. Long over are the days you can try to class a Hyundai as a POS. Their quality is up there with the top manufactures.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
So what sedan WOULD you pay 40k for? If you look at the class of cars that it's competing with, that 40k is a hell of a deal. Long over are the days you can try to class a Hyundai as a POS. Their quality is up there with the top manufactures.
The Stinger is meant to compete with the likes of the S4, M3, and IS F. And for $40k, it's a steal. You'd spend at least $15k more for any of the others.

And for the people laughing at KIA for being cheap, I'd argue their quality is better than Ford's.

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I think Kia was "initially" introduced in it's infancy as a lesser priced vehicle m
by Hyundai. Sort of like Scion of Toyota. That is not the case any longer. The Kias now have a strong reputation as being very high quality vehicles.

Sponsored

Axiom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack
I loved my '12 Taurus SHO - yes its big but throw a Livernois 93 octane tune on it and its in the 450HP range...monster sleeper with AWD.
I had a '11 SHO and ran a 12.67 on a 1.87 60' with a Livernois tune. Definitely had 12.50's or better in it. Many have gone low 12's too.

Stinger is definitely an interesting option.

Last edited:

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
It's a bold move for KIA, but it looks like it will pay off for them. I would have expected them to release the Stinger as a Hyundai. I know KIA was known for cheap cars for a long time, but so were Honda and Toyota at their starts.

With my A/C problems starting, I'm looking at getting back into a sedan and the Stinger is definitely on the short list.
After dealing with my daughter's 2004 Kia Rio, It would take a lot for me to buy a Kia. I'm sure they have improved their cars since then but that car left a bad taste in my mouth.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Been fun being part of this great community. My car was rear ended and totaled. Going to go boring and buy a sedan. Save some money. Maybe grab a Mustang in a few years.

Take care

Happy trails!

There is more to cars than Mustangs, so have fun out there though I actually came back to Mustang. Just remember you only go around once and it’s over before you think it is. Don’t know who said that but it’s true. :thumbsup:

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
A stinger gt2 is over 50k no thanks! Much better cars for the money...