Installed a downpipe now it smokes

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
As the tittle states my friend installed a cat less down pipe and now it has the dreaded white smoke, did a quick investigation on the matter and it appears that the problem would be solved with a dual valve catch can, so we ordered one to find it doesn't help.

Is there any real solution to this or will we have to return to the stock catted down-pipe to stop the smoking?
Sponsored

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Don't freak out just yet- a lot of DP's have oil in them when they come shipped for lubrication. Could take a few miles to burn off.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Don't freak out just yet- a lot of DP's have oil in them when they come shipped for lubrication. Could take a few miles to burn off.
That was the case with my Jeep XJ. I installed a new exhaust manifold and down pipe and the thing looked like it was caught on fire with the smoke for a few minutes. It shouldn't take more than an hour to completely burn off though.

OP
OP

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Well, we checked the install and found out a couple of things, first the long line is not locking in place on the engine side so it would pop off and trow a code.
second, the short line was connected backwards.

After a couple of dyno pulls smoke is almost gone

Sponsored

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Do you have oil on your plugs?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Gutting the PCV would probably remedy your problem unless there's a bigger underlying issue. Does it smoke all of the time or just after extended idling?

OP
OP

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Gutting the PCV would probably remedy your problem unless there's a bigger underlying issue. Does it smoke all of the time or just after extended idling?
It seems the first time was connected really bad, went to change the stock intercooler and it was dripping oil, so i assume its gonna take a couple of miles to clear the oil from the intake manifold.
Sponsored