Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I live in a semi-rural town in Northern Florida, though the neighborhood is fairly new and well kept including my property which is beautifully landscaped.

My next door neighbor, a 62 year old woman who has never said anything to me in the 4 years I lived by her had her dopey boyfriend come over the other day to redo a door casing on her backyard shed, took the guy 2 days to do it.

But the part that gets me is he parked his big pickup truck out by the street straddling my front yard putting a big long tire rut in the grass where it was sitting all day. The guy also did the same thing to the neighbor on the other side of her but of course didn't park in her yard.

Now I have this big ugly tire rut that might not ever be the same level again as the rest of my yard, next time he does anything like that he is going to get blasted by me, what a jerk.

So what would you do?

TC
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I live in a semi-rural town in Northern Florida, though the neighborhood is fairly new and well kept including my property which is beautifully landscaped.

My next door neighbor, a 62 year old woman who has never said anything to me in the 4 years I lived by her had her dopey boyfriend come over the other day to redo a door casing on her backyard shed, took the guy 2 days to do it.

But the part that gets me is he parked his big pickup truck out by the street straddling my front yard putting a big long tire rut in the grass where it was sitting all day. The guy also did the same thing to the neighbor on the other side of her but of course didn't park in her yard.

Now I have this big ugly tire rut that might not ever be the same level again as the rest of my yard, next time he does anything like that he is going to get blasted by me, what a jerk.

So what would you do?

TC
Watch air leak out of the tire that was in my grass. ;)

sublimaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Not much you can do about the rut except fill it with dirt and sod. If the rut is in a flower bed or other landscaping, then obviously it will take more effort to get it back to original appearance.

I would make sure your neighbor knows what he did, and how you feel about it. She may or may not apologize for his behavior (don't expect an apology, and you won't be disappointed). But treating her badly because of his douchebaggery is not the right thing to do.

Keep an eye out for that asswipe. If he pulls that stunt again, call a tow truck before he has a chance to move it. When he comes looking for his vehicle, act like you have no idea what he is talking about.

2016Gruv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
How about simply visiting your neighbor to kindly ask that her boyfriend not park in your grass because the tires are causing damage?

Do you know if there's any reason why he can't park in her driveway?

OP
OP
tcman54

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
How about simply visiting your neighbor to kindly ask that her boyfriend not park in your grass because the tires are causing damage?

Do you know if there's any reason why he can't park in her driveway?
Because he is a Florida redneck, people's yards are their driveways. :D

TC :tsk: