Sponsored

Differences between GT/PP with 301A and GT Premium PP

bharabs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 V6 Premium
I am in the process of finalizing my build for a 2018 mustang GT and wanted to know what would be the difference if I buy a base GT with PP and 301A over GT Premium PP.

I don't want leather seats, ambient lighting and such stuff in my car but would definitely love to have the bigger display and the knobs to select modes, steering feel, etc.
Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Mainly the leather AC/Heated seats and accents. Base Premium comes with the same display and stereo as you get with 301A.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
301A is the base GT and adds the Sync 3 touchscreen radio and 9 speaker Shaker Audio. You can only get the drive modes with 400/401A. that being said people have enabled them using FORSCAN on the base cars but I beleive you have to get the premium radio surround. In your case just get the 301A and later down the line you can add the drive modes if you need them.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
301A is the base GT and adds the Sync 3 touchscreen radio and 9 speaker Shaker Audio. You can only get the drive modes with 400/401A. that being said people have enabled them using FORSCAN on the base cars but I beleive you have to get the premium radio surround. In your case just get the 301A and later down the line you can add the drive modes if you need them.
Drive modes ARE included with the 2018 301A. The order guides and the build tool make this clear. 301A is required with the PP for MagneRide which uses drive modes.

http://www.mustang6g.com/downloads/2018 Mustang Order Guide 11-1-17.pdf

Pages 12 and 13.

301A also allows Navigation to be ordered.

From the online build tool.

Includes All 300A Features, Plus:
• 9 Speaker Stereo System with Single-CD Player
• Ambient Lighting with MyColor® and 4.2" Cluster
• Dual-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC)
• Selectable Drive Modes with Toggle Switches
• SiriusXM® Radio
• SYNC®3 – Enhanced Voice Recognition Communications and Entertainment System
• 8" LCD Capacitive Touchscreen in Center Stack
• AppLink®
• 911 Assist®
• Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™
• Smart-Charging USB ports – two (2)

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

bharabs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 V6 Premium
Thanks guys. Looks like all that I want is included in 301A. So it's going to be a base GT with PP, Active exhaust, Magne ride and 301A.

lpe403

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Thanks guys. Looks like all that I want is included in 301A. So it's going to be a base GT with PP, Active exhaust, Magne ride and 301A.
Do me a favor and let me know by PM what dealer you ordered from - I've been trying to strike a deal, but no go so far. Base GT, 6M, 301A, PP, 647 wheels, OF. I'm in So Cal. Thanks in advance.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Yeah but no pony puddle lights. Suckers
The puddle lights are a must. Without the puddle lights, I wouldn't have bought the car.

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Separates the bronies from the phonies.
:lol:

To add to that, I have a friend who is also looking into buying a 2018 Mustang, but he's also comparing other options, i.e. camaro, challenger... so I got him a Light Up Pony Emblem as a christmas present, that'll get him on board for mustang since he just loves those kind of things.
Sponsored