Now that is a super hero movie. Justice League... Bluh

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
Discuss this all the time with a few friends.

Why can't DC get their shit together?

The only DC movies I've liked have been the ones by Christopher Nolan for Batman and Wonder Women was pretty damn good. Super Man was fine but everything else was kinda meh. We watch them anyway - usually at the theater - but IMO, they don't even compare to Marvel movies.

There was discussion elsewhere about all those main characters in 1 movie - what the payroll must be like but it was debunked as most if not all of them are under contract.

The same way they made a Godfather movie that stitched together all the best / relevant parts from 1 and 2 - someone should make that for these Marvel movies after Infinity War comes out. Mind you, it might be 6-8 hours - but would be a good way to blow a weekend day and watch everything in chronological order. Could be amazing if done well.

Already bought tickets for Star Wars
Will get tickets for Black Panther as soon as they're available
Infinity War - same
I feel like I'm missing something else - comes out after panther but before infinity...

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
I'm not as hard on DC as much as the general public. But no doubt, Marvel has done it better on film (MCU vs DCEU). The MCU is as close to perfect as it gets for a comics fan. It's sad too because DC has source material just as good and better than Marvel imo. I will say this about DCEU though, I like the characters. and even the darker tone. The execution of the stories seemed a bit rushed to me. They were too busy playing catchup with Marvel for their own good. They can still get it right though if they try.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Grimace427

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
IMO Marvel is better at making me care about their characters. DC characters seem like they have so much less to lose. But the real problem with the DCEU is Warner Bro's without a doubt. Their meddling with Justice League was its downfall, that and the tragedy is Snyder's family.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Can't wait for Infinity War. I have some catching up to do in the MCU though. I still need to see:

Guardians 2, Thor Ragnarok, and Dr Strange.

As far as the MCU vs DCEU, it's clear that DC is playing catch up and they are trying to catch up to fast. The first phase of the MCU, all the easter eggs everything leading up to the Avengers Assembling was fantastic. You had all the solo movies first then the big team up, while at the same time the slow play of setting Thano's up as the big baddie.

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
The first phase of the MCU, all the easter eggs everything leading up to the Avengers Assembling was fantastic. You had all the solo movies first then the big team up, while at the same time the slow play of setting Thano's up as the big baddie.
This. Time was taken to explain who these people are (for the most part, no back story for Widow, Hulk, etc...) giving you an idea of their different skills, pains, how they came to power so to speak, etc...

Only super man and now wonder women have 1 back story / series each. They wanted to do popular stories first - suicide squad and justice league and it's just - why do I care about these new people? They try to explain a bit background in each of them, but that's a tall order. You can't fit everyones back story into < 3 hours.

We don't need another batman rehash. The rest of them - welcomed.

I really think Black Widow needs her own series. Now that we see a women main character can be successful on it's own, Black Window can push that forward more.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
This. Time was taken to explain who these people are (for the most part, no back story for Widow, Hulk, etc...) giving you an idea of their different skills, pains, how they came to power so to speak, etc...

Only super man and now wonder women have 1 back story / series each. They wanted to do popular stories first - suicide squad and justice league and it's just - why do I care about these new people? They try to explain a bit background in each of them, but that's a tall order. You can't fit everyones back story into < 3 hours.

We don't need another batman rehash. The rest of them - welcomed.

I really think Black Widow needs her own series. Now that we see a women main character can be successful on it's own, Black Window can push that forward more.
While I agree Black Widow should totally have had her own movie, she has been a big part of quite of a lot movies that have given pretty good backstory on her character. Iron Man 2, Avengers, Cap 2, Avengers 2, Cap 3. If there was going to be a Black Widow movie by now IMO it should have been done before Avengers 2.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Was able to cross one of the need to sees of my list yesterday. Dr Strange was really good IMO.

Sponsored

AutoX R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
Was able to cross one of the need to sees of my list yesterday. Dr Strange was really good IMO.
I also really liked Dr Strange, but I thought Guardians 2 and Thor Ragnarok were even better. They're pretty fun movies to watch.

OP
OP
Grimace427

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I also really liked Dr Strange, but I thought Guardians 2 and Thor Ragnarok were even better. They're pretty fun movies to watch.

Guardians 2 didn't live up to the first one IMO. Guardians started out by hitting you in the feels, 2 retconned so much(Peter's dad, Ego being a Celestial, a few others I'm forgetting) that it was just a tad confusing.

Still haven't seen Strange, definitely need to find that on Netflix or somewhere. Ragnarok kicked some serious ass! Right up there with Civil War and Guardians in my favorite Marvel movie list.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Dr Stange was really good. To me, it almost didn't feel like a comic book movie, it had a different feel to it and I thought that is what made it really enjoyable. I caught Guardians 2 yesterday on Netflix, really enjoyed it! Still need to see Ragnarok. I have heard its great.

Guardians 2 didn't live up to the first one IMO. Guardians started out by hitting you in the feels, 2 retconned so much(Peter's dad, Ego being a Celestial, a few others I'm forgetting) that it was just a tad confusing.

Still haven't seen Strange, definitely need to find that on Netflix or somewhere. Ragnarok kicked some serious ass! Right up there with Civil War and Guardians in my favorite Marvel movie list.
Strange was really good! I agree Guardians 2 wasn't as good as the first 1, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

If I had to make a top 5 of the MCU movies it would probably go like this

1. Winter Soldier
2. the Avengers
3. Guardians
4. Civil War
5. Iron Man

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
Here we go, it's here. I'm taking off work tomorrow to go to a lunch time matinee, opposed to fighting crowds in the evening.