Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
F%%k mid life crisis. That's just a term people like to throw around to make others feel shiieetty. Get what you want and enjoy it. You live once apparently.

Sponsored

SoulTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem. Oxford White
my GF gives me more crap about my gun collection that my cars. Never any midlife jokes about the cars. Any new gun shows up then out comes the MLC jab.
I guess guns are easier to mod and collect and cheaper overall than building a car, however the frequency is probably a loooot faster so I can see why she might be on your ass about them :lol:

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
This is why I have to always have fun cars/bikes I guess. Can't be considered a mid life crisis if you have always owned them starting at 16 haha.

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Mid-life crisis my hairy white butt! I'm in my 60s & this is my 4th Mustang. People at work think this is a mid-life crisis, but I don't feel old enough for one.

I had 4 Mustangs, if you count a 67 Cougar, the last was a 85 GT when I met my wife & happened to find this 2016, out of the blue, for fun, everyone needs a hobby

Mike Clark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar XF SportBrake, Jeep Renegade, GT 'vert
Nope not a mid life Crisis ;).

I had an "early" Mid Life Crisis at 32 and got a Caterham Super 7:
picture.jpg

Then after a fall at home, I busted both ankles - getting in and out the Caterham proved tricky (bearing in mind you couldn't roll a can of coke under it - it's that low to the road) so it sat in the garage.

So at 38 I ordered my 'Stang - my wife says it's my 2nd early mid life Crisis - she's dreading my "proper" mid life crisis

My wife is very understanding, she forbids Motorbikes (friend of her family had a very nasty accident), but things with 4 wheels are allowed, and luckily for me she's a Petrol head.

[MENTION=11109]svt93style[/MENTION] - Go get your GT350!!! If you can afford it, and the "other half" doesn't mind, then what's not to like?

Cheers

Mike

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
If you live your life according to what others think, you're not living "your" life.

Keep that in mind anytime you start to worry about what other's think, especially when those thoughts start to affect your decisions about what you do for you.
Nicely put.

I guess it's a mid-life 'awakening' when you finally realize you don't want everything about the remainder of your life neatly fitting into other peoples' definition of a "good life". Crisis is when you put time pressure on yourself to fix the situation.

svt93 - sounds like you've got a real 'keeper'. If this car is within easy (or at least reasonable) financial reach, don't let what others think enter into your decision.

For the record, I've been something of a nonconformist about a lot of things my whole life, about more than just the cars we've chosen to own along the way. Reflecting on that a bit now that I'm 70 (and still married to the girl I met in 1968) . . . I do have some idea why (not relevant here), and there really isn't anything I wish I'd done differently for the sole reason of lining up with the ways others in my age/peer group tended to do those things.

Norm

OP
OP
svt93style

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
Guys,

Thanks for all the replies.
The car is a go and should be coming in the next 6 months.

AutoX R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
Congratulations on a great decision! You're going to love it.

7500RPM_Ben

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.innovativeautodetailing.com
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2013 Grabber Blue Boss 302 #1312
People that call anything mid-life crisis are usually just broke and jealous. They couldn't swing the money for nice things if they tried, or their SO won't let them. You're a car guy for life, sometimes life gets in the way but you can always come back to it.

Especially since your girl is on board with it, do it up. Do what makes you happy in life. The other people aren't paying your bills, or paying for your toys.
Hmm, never viewed the mid-life crisis thing as being broke or jealous. I am always broke, that part makes sense:headbonk:.

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
I'm not sure what women you've been talking to.
I get more compliments, stares, and neck-breaks from women than I do men when I'm in either my truck or my car. And it's not me, it's the car/truck, cause I'm short and bald.

Sponsored

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
In my school of thought...
1) Who cares what other people say. What other people think of you is none of your business.
2) If your wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend sees that something like cars (or guns, or whatever) is something you find very fun and engaging and fulfilling and they don't support it, then by default they aren't supporting you. They should derive joy from your happiness, not bitterness and ridicule.

FishGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Premium - Guard Metallic
Here's my motto:

It's a car, not a crisis.

I used to buy into all the mid-life crisis stuff too..but then I realized that the reason 'older' guys buy sports cars isn't because of crisis of identity but because they actually have the income for it and cheaper insurance. ;-)

I just got my '15 a week ago and it had been 25 yrs since I had a Mustang (Wives, kids, houses). Every time I get pissed off at work now, I just go to the door and look in the driveway...the smile comes back immediately.

Car guy or not....it is soooo much fun to drive. I've ran more errands in the last 6 days than I have in 6 months prior.

The only words of wisdom I can give...don't settle. Get what you want, because if you don't...you'll ruin the experience by always thinking "Yeah but..."

Don't get me wrong...I'm not saying wait until you can get the biggest most powerful engine their is...that you can build over time by adding...but if you like heated seats...get heated seats...if you love convertibles...get a convertible. Be happy.

FishGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Premium - Guard Metallic
Oh, and you'll be surprised how all those annoying guys that rev up their Honda Civics so everyone can hear their aftermarket muffler...suddenly don't when your in your Mustang.