Sponsored

Finally got an Estimated Delivery Date!!

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Yea my only personal opinions with the spoiler are:

1) I understand it's not functional until you hit speeds higher than I plan on reaching (don't know the number, but even the stock wing on my EVO VIII wasn't functional until 90mph).

Does anyone have any data that suggests the speed you have to reach before the spoiler is actually effective?

2) I plan on putting nose-to-tail stripes on it, and then you run into the question of...do i go over the spoiler? Under the spoiler? Wrap the spoiler (which would be difficult because I am having the stripes painted on...etc.

Just my personal opinion. I don't mind the looks of the spoiler, but I don't think it's functional and I like the cleaner look of the back when I think about my stripes.
I remember in a video a Ford engineer was saying it generates some number of lb of downforce at 80 mph, I forgot what the number was but I think if he is quoting the number at 80 mph, it's reasonable to assume this spoiler is useful at normal highway speeds.
Sponsored

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT
I remember in a video a Ford engineer was saying it generates some number of lb of downforce at 80 mph, I forgot what the number was but I think if he is quoting the number at 80 mph, it's reasonable to assume this spoiler is useful at normal highway speeds.

Yea I spent just a few minutes with Google and opinions/anecdotes are all over the place. For me it was mostly just that I like the cleaner back end, especially with my planned stripes.

I personally won't be driving even 80 mph (unless I were to someday visit a track, which would be very rare) because I am military and if I get a ticket I have to stand in front of a Colonel and explain how I could be so reckless and irresponsible, etc. The fastest I have been in a car is 110 in my old Evo VIII, but I was more reckless in my "youth" (that car was 1st mid-life crisis...this one is 2nd...age 52 now)

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Yea I spent just a few minutes with Google and opinions/anecdotes are all over the place. For me it was mostly just that I like the cleaner back end, especially with my planned stripes.

I personally won't be driving even 80 mph (unless I were to someday visit a track, which would be very rare) because I am military and if I get a ticket I have to stand in front of a Colonel and explain how I could be so reckless and irresponsible, etc. The fastest I have been in a car is 110 in my old Evo VIII, but I was more reckless in my "youth" (that car was 1st mid-life crisis...this one is 2nd...age 52 now)
Yeah, I kind of forgot to add the delete spoiler option with my order, but I also likes the spoiler and plan on keeping it on the car, gives me a place to hold when lifting the trunk too. :D:D

S550Josh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18GT Premium (On order)

Only on base...no one needs to know off base shenanigans lol
Sponsored