Sponsored

FINALLY.....A VIN

Rodsaleen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT
I finally received my VIN today. I was getting discouraged seeing everyone receive their VINs and emailing my dealer and getting there's been no update response. I stopped checking cotus for about 2.5 weeks and I decided to just checked today and bam it was there. I also emailed my dealer and she said she checked yesterday and there was nothing there but she informed me that Thursday is the day Ford normally updates their systems. She also informed me that mine is scheduled to start the build on Dec 18.
phonto.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I finally received my VIN today. I was getting discouraged seeing everyone receive their VINs and emailing my dealer and getting there's been no update response. I stopped checking cotus for about 2.5 weeks and I decided to just checked today and bam it was there. I also emailed my dealer and she said she checked yesterday and there was nothing there but she informed me that Thursday is the day Ford normally updates their systems. She also informed me that mine is scheduled to start the build on Dec 18.
We got our VIN the same day! :)
SmartSelectImage_2017-10-28-14-04-28.png

OP
OP
Rodsaleen

Rodsaleen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT
We got our VIN the same day! :)
SmartSelectImage_2017-10-28-14-04-28.png
Congrats!! Now the wait continues. The one issue I'm trying to firgure out is how does Ford give VINs meaning I noticed I preordered before some people but they received their VINs before me and some people ordered after me but we got our VINs at the same time. Is it just random or is it based on dealership size, etc.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Sure looks like the week of Dec 18 will be busy building Mustang6g member cars.

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
I was given a vin yesterday as well. it was a long 3 months wait. I am sure you can relate to how frustrating that is.. :)

.. now we keep waiting! at least we have some sort of hope now.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats!! Now the wait continues. The one issue I'm trying to firgure out is how does Ford give VINs meaning I noticed I preordered before some people but they received their VINs before me and some people ordered after me but we got our VINs at the same time. Is it just random or is it based on dealership size, etc.
I believe (and don't quote me) it has to do with allocation time. My dealer allocation time is the 48th week (1st week of December.) And that is when they go through their parts and see if they have everything for my car and will decide if they can build it the week of the 18th. And if you want this info ask your dealer for it. I got this info cause I raised hell cause I didn't get a VIN and I called Ford and they couldn't find my order.
Sponsored